Who “Carries” In Their Jeep?

• Total voters

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a CCW but I don’t prefer to carry unless I am going out in the woods and hiking, where critters are an issue (A cougar killed a mountain biker within 25 miles of us a few years ago, and we’ve had various coyotes, bears, and a cougar on our property over the years). Usually they go after the pets and chickens, and an air horn is pretty effective to make them scatter, but nice to know you are able to protect yourself especially in the back country.

I’ve rarely felt the desire or need to carry around town and I tend to avoid situations which I would ever be tempted to rely on a weapon. Our company won’t allow weapons on site, even if they are locked in a trunk, so that resolves Mon - Fri.

I got the CCW after a backcountry trip where, in the middle of the night, a tweaker walked out of the woods and curled up at our campsite. She had walked 2 hours up a remote road and saw our camp fire. I had a pocket knife, and felt very vulnerable, and while it was a non issue, I spent all night wondering if any of her pals would join up and decide I was an easy mark out in the woods. Next week I was getting my permit. While I don’t use it except for purchases and trips to the range, it’s nice to have available.
Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Need the option "YES depending on..." "Always" is a very strong statement

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't yet gotten around to getting the five non-family personal testimonials, the fingerprinting by the state bureau of investigation, the passport photos in duplicate, the expensive training course (even though I was a 6-time rifle and pistol expert in the USMC), running the ad with my name and address in a newspaper stating my intent to get a ccw, paid the exorbitant fee, or waited for the arbitray decision of the prothonotary in this stupid ass may-issue state of Delaware.

But when I was in the Marine Corps and lived in Virginia and Arizona, yes, I carried when I wasn't on base.
Thank you for your service, devil dog.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
Every day, no matter where, no matter what.

At this point it is second nature and I feel naked if I'm not armed.

I usually have my M&P compact in a Galco Double Time (set up as a belt holster). I generally only carry one full size reload.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
After working almost 30 years in prisons, and being in over a 1000 documented physical altercations while at work, and knowing what people will do to other people first hand. I always carry. I have an unrestricted CCW. I have had prisoners that have tried to hire hitmen to kill me in the streets back when I worked in Super-Max.

Yet I don't fear for my life, I just understand and have seen first hand many times what people with do to others. I also carry because I would hate to be somewhere and have something happen and not have the tools to stop it. I am a firm believer in Sheep Dog mentality backed up by being well trained.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Always carry. Usually concealed but sometimes openly. Its a Ruger LCPII. A pretty neat little .380

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Is that just a magnet holding the Glock?
Yes, i think it's rated for 40#s or so. It holds the gun solid no matter what, no issues when wheeling. It works as advertised. Still, I'm looking into some other options that are more secure.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, i think it's rated for 40#s or so. It holds the gun solid no matter what, no issues when wheeling. It works as advertised. Still, I'm looking into some other options that are more secure.
Its still a pretty cool idea. I have a Glock 22 that is sitting at home that could be used in this manner. :devil:
Sponsored