Turn Wrenches/ Write code

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Same. They were also cut a little large making it hard to put them on straight on. You have to put one portion in and kind of work your way around making it difficult to avoid bubbles.

Would not recommend.
I cut my own protective film and it really helps to take the headlights off the vehicle to apply the film; not only is the film easier to apply, you can easily cut off any excess film around the edges.

29FDD10B-0AEE-4D8F-92F1-189F076FA292.jpeg

A15DAB6A-D1CA-4A25-90BC-93B8F44449F1.jpeg

6F4C255B-FE28-4C61-AC8F-44359DCFAF3F.jpeg

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leaning towards getting paint protection film and ceramic on my Sahara Unlimited softtop and ceramic. I'm also going to the beach in a week and a half (drive on the beach, sure, but also just the constant sandy wind).

Get the work done before or after?

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Even with a mechanical shift? That has not been my experience. It looks to me like @Jeep4Life0112 had the lockers engaged, didn't disengage them before shifting out of 4 low, so the computer was trying to unlock the axles while making a tight turn on pavement. Basically the same as you said, but I think it was lockers, not transfer case.
Might be right! The idea is, basically, get everything back to road conditions before you hit the road!

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I cut my own protective film and it really helps to take the headlights off the vehicle to apply the film; not only is the film easier to apply, you can easily cut off any excess film around the edges.

29FDD10B-0AEE-4D8F-92F1-189F076FA292.jpeg

A15DAB6A-D1CA-4A25-90BC-93B8F44449F1.jpeg

6F4C255B-FE28-4C61-AC8F-44359DCFAF3F.jpeg
Youā€™re overthinking it a bit. A heat gun works a lot better.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Youā€™re overthinking it a bit. A heat gun works a lot better.
The curvature of the lens makes coverage with a single sheet very challenging, at least for my not-quite-novice skill set. I used a heat gun to install my pieces and I still got a few wrinkles at the edges (which are covered by the bezels).

This solution worked for me.

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Hi all! Currently driving a newer Dodge Ram 1500 GSA and it is equipped with the same 5" UConnect 3 that comes stock in the Sport S. It is..absolute garbage. Navigating the menus is counterintuitive, it does not auto-connect to previously paired BT devices...just a crappy system IMO. My question is: is the 8.4" UConnect 4C or even the 7" Uconnect 4 miles ahead like I would think it is? Does it actually auto-reconnect to BT devices when you turn the Jeep back on? Basically what I'm asking is, is the 8.4" worth the upgrade money or will I end up being annoyed with it like the UC3 and end up replacing it with an aftermarket radio?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Hi all! Currently driving a newer Dodge Ram 1500 GSA and it is equipped with the same 5" UConnect 3 that comes stock in the Sport S. It is..absolute garbage. Navigating the menus is counterintuitive, it does not auto-connect to previously paired BT devices...just a crappy system IMO. My question is: is the 8.4" UConnect 4C or even the 7" Uconnect 4 miles ahead like I would think it is? Does it actually auto-reconnect to BT devices when you turn the Jeep back on? Basically what I'm asking is, is the 8.4" worth the upgrade money or will I end up being annoyed with it like the UC3 and end up replacing it with an aftermarket radio?
I have the 8.4 with nav and Alpine premium audio, zero complaints. My phone pairs before I even start to back out of my garage every time. Audio quality is quite nice. I guess I do have one complaint - I wish when I push the button for nav it would go straight to a map, instead I have to touch the option for map (or home, work or a few other options). Oh, and my speed-based volume does nothing. So technically 2 complaints ;)

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Okay, since I know very little about winches, help me out here. I ordered a winch, and the cable on the winch has a hook on it. Where the cable meets the hook there are rollers to each side of it. I think this is called a fairlead. I want to replace the hook with something called a Factor 55. I suspect my fairlead must be replaced because I don't need those roller things on it once I get the factor 55. Any idea on what fairlead I should get AND will I still be able to use cable winch line or will it need to be replaced with synthetic?

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Okay, since I know very little about winches, help me out here. I ordered a winch, and the cable on the winch has a hook on it. Where the cable meets the hook there are rollers to each side of it. I think this is called a fairlead. I want to replace the hook with something called a Factor 55. I suspect my fairlead must be replaced because I don't need those roller things on it once I get the factor 55. Any idea on what fairlead I should get AND will I still be able to use cable winch line or will it need to be replaced with synthetic?
If you have a metal rope you still need the roller fairlead, for synthetic rope you'd need a hawse fairlead. Has nothing to do what's on the end of it (hook or flat link).

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Did you ever get this [Rubi Molle seat back falling down] fixed?
I investigated the cause of this issue on my Rubi, and found a broken plastic tab. My guess is that the plastic seat back tabs are a bit fragile and donā€™t always survive the assembly process. My dealership has also ordered a seat back for me.

Kirasdad

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Rubicon
There are no defects with the 8.4ā€ screen. NAV doesnā€™t work, nor satellite radio in my 2019. 2018 models had same issues. If you like your Ram, stick with it.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do Rubicon MT takeoffs (285/70/17) fit the sport spare tire carrier and bumper cutout? It looks pretty tight with the OEM AT's...
Sponsored