Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL is for shorter owners? How to lower seats?

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Or you just say you are 6'1"...but really 5' 4"
Hah! No way I can prove that on the internet. I could be a cross-dressing circus midget for all you know...At least that would be in the bizarre nature of this thread!
Sponsored

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Im 6'2" 220lbs and fit fine with the seat all the way down.

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
6ft and I also feel the seat could be way lower. I can deal with it but it should go at least a few inches lower. My wife is 5ft nothing so she's fine with it but... Yeah.

Before anyone talks shit my DD is this...

IMG_20190622_162504.jpg

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
6’2” and 235.... lots of long trips and very comfortable. It took me a while to find the “sweet spot” with my seat, mirror, and steering wheel adjustment but once I did all was well. Made me realize how much I miss the “fine tuning” adjustments available with a power seat, but no complaints here!

Sponsored

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250
I'm 6'3" with longer torso and had about 1.5" foam padding cut out of the rear portion of the seat bottom back in January. It lowered the seat an inch and was perfect height. Two months ago, I started feeling the seat structural bars and had padding added back and now I'm back to where it was originally. My head touches the roll bar and I'm staring at the top frame of the windshield. Very annoying...never had this problem in previous Honda's, jeep cherokee, Infiniti....etc. I really want a seat lowering kit.
Glad I saw this post. I am in Cleveland and I was going to contact you to see if you it was still working for you taking out the foam. I am '6 4" #320 and I am using the BigBioy Rails and it raised it a little, but the knee room is worth it! I called Scorpion Off-Road Concepts here in Cleveland yesterday trying to see if they have ever done any seat lowering work on a JLU. Haven't heard back.... I will keep everyone posted if I get a positive response...

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Glad I saw this post. I am in Cleveland and I was going to contact you to see if you it was still working for you taking out the foam. I am '6 4" #320 and I am using the BigBioy Rails and it raised it a little, but the knee room is worth it! I called Scorpion Off-Road Concepts here in Cleveland yesterday trying to see if they have ever done any seat lowering work on a JLU. Haven't heard back.... I will keep everyone posted if I get a positive response...
Thanks...I am currently leaning my seat back further and am slouching a bit. It works for now.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
6ft and I also feel the seat could be way lower. I can deal with it but it should go at least a few inches lower. My wife is 5ft nothing so she's fine with it but... Yeah.

Before anyone talks shit my DD is this...

IMG_20190622_162504.jpg
Is that like a Mazda Miata?

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I finally got around to sitting in a JL today when I went to pick my JK up. I'm glad to say I should fit just fine. At 6'1, I felt like I had about as much headroom as I do in most cars, maybe an inch less than my JK has? The roof does seem a bit lower, but I think the rollcage/speaker bar is thinner, so it doesn't stick out as much.

bruzen

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara - Built for shorter ppl

Anyone feel that the new JL model was built for the shorter person?!?! I'm 5'11 and I can't see the reading on the top of the dash. i.e. miles remaining Additionally, if you try to use the visor to block the sun, it's actually blocks your viewing and you won't be able to see while driving.

Anyone know if there's a after part where the seats can be lowered???

Thanks!
Hi. Did you ever lower your seat? I have a long torso and agree with you. The seat is at it's lowest setting now.
Sponsored