Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

First time we did zip ties run the axle straps to the Molly bags through and come back around it looks and holds better
I might rerun mine. That would be more sturdy. Thanks!
Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
This is a prototype HD Molle panel for the tailgate that will probably be on the market in August. Made from heavy cotton duck canvas and leather, it's part of a new company's line of higher-style, higher-quality storage products for Jeeps.

JLHDMollePrototype1_zpswnpl0qhj.jpg

JLHDMollePrototype1a_zpse2xkny35.jpg

The panel supports standard Molle gear, but it's specifically designed to work with the company's "Grab & Go" bags. This photo shows their recently-released JK tailgate panel with several Grab & Go bags attached:

GrabandGoFinalSamples4_zpszaweek6i.jpg

Unlike standard Molle bags, Grab & Go bags don't attach with straps, they've got clips on the back similar to those you might find on items intended to hook onto a tool belt, so they're very quick to install and remove - no messing with threading awkward straps into the Molle grid...

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Molle on the JL headrest.

JLHeadrestMolle2_zpse2nby3cu.jpg

JLHeadrestMolle1_zpsgynhurn1.jpg

I don't have any photos of this in the JL with Molle stuff on it, but here are a few photos of the JK version with a First Aid kit attached:

HeadrestGrabampGo3_zpsfduqxrur.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Molle on the JL headrest.

I don't have any photos of this in the JL with Molle stuff on it, but here are a few photos of the JK version with a First Aid kit attached:
I like the Molle on the headrest...I'm a 2-door with rear seat removed and it seems unobstructing & outta the way. I keep a MyFak on an overhead panel for quick access & could use the headrest for another pouch. Where did you find? The ones I see on Amazon look incredibly cheap & chintzy.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the Molle on the headrest...I'm a 2-door with rear seat removed and it seems unobstructing & outta the way. I keep a MyFak on an overhead panel for quick access & could use the headrest for another pouch. Where did you find? The ones I see on Amazon look incredibly cheap & chintzy.
These definitely aren't chintzy - they're made from military grade heavy cotton duck canvas and the Molle grid is 1/8"-thick real leather. They're styled to look appropriate in the $40k-plus vehicle the Jeep has become :).

They're from Overland Outfitters (https://www.overland-outfitters.com/), these are preproduction samples I'm testing for them. They tell me they will be on the market in August.

Another photo with one of the company's Grab & Go bags attached. Ordinary Molle bags work fine on these too but I like the Grab & Go bags because there's no fooling around threading the straps through the grid. (this is in my JKU, sorry)

HeadrestGrabampGo6c_zpsrloj9ub6.jpg

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
These definitely aren't chintzy - they're made from military grade heavy cotton duck canvas and the Molle grid is 1/8"-thick real leather. They're styled to look appropriate in the $40k-plus vehicle the Jeep has become :).

They're from Overland Outfitters (https://www.overland-outfitters.com/), these are preproduction samples I'm testing for them. They tell me they will be on the market in August.

Another photo with one of the company's Grab & Go bags attached. Ordinary Molle bags work fine on these too but I like the Grab & Go bags because there's no fooling around threading the straps through the grid. (this is in my JKU, sorry)
I like the canvas & these look quality... nothing like what I saw (thankfully). I'm looking forward to their availability.
Thank you for the additional info.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Added four Voodoo Tactical binnocular pouches. A little expensive but I like the uniformity of it. Happier now versus recycling some old molle from my Bartact JK seat cover days.
IMG_20190728_154656.jpg
IMG_20190728_154711.jpg

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Added four Voodoo Tactical binnocular pouches. A little expensive but I like the uniformity of it. Happier now versus recycling some old molle from my Bartact JK seat cover days.
IMG_20190728_154656.jpg
IMG_20190728_154711.jpg
Random question: do your rear floor mats stay locked together like that? Mine don't want to stay attached.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
IMG_20190728_154656.jpg
IMG_20190728_154711.jpg
I think so. I haven't noticed anything that looks detached or odd, but I don't go back there much. But, my cargo Mopar mats pop off the rear seats whenever I lower it.

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hmm never knew what a Molle Bag actually was? Thanks for the education everyone. Can’t see me needing one but now I know what they are!

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm never knew what a Molle Bag actually was? Thanks for the education everyone. Can’t see me needing one but now I know what they are!
They're incredibly handy and free up your center console & teeny tiny glove compartment and they're out of the way. MyFak (or any) first-aid kit is a must. The problem is, once you have one stuffed with necessities, you'll have another. And then another.

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
They're incredibly handy and free up your center console & teeny tiny glove compartment and they're out of the way. MyFak (or any) first-aid kit is a must. The problem is, once you have one stuffed with necessities, you'll have another. And then another.
I like the idea, but my Jeep is typically open (top down, sometimes doors off). Molle bags seem ripe for the taking ...

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I like the idea, but my Jeep is typically open (top down, sometimes doors off). Molle bags seem ripe for the taking ...
You could also look at it in the perspective that if you have your items packed up and out of sight.....people would be less likely to take your stuff because they don't really know if there is much of value in the pouch. However, by labeling the pouches....you could be directing them to the good stuff to steal too.

There is also something to be said about keeping items low on the seat (less easy for people to see) and in the cargo area with a tonneau cover when you have your top off....out of sight is a fairly effective way to prevent theft (at least from "honest" criminals). Also, locking your doors.....even if the top is off.

Doc

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
You could also look at it in the perspective that if you have your items packed up and out of sight.....people would be less likely to take your stuff because they don't really know if there is much of value in the pouch. However, by labeling the pouches....you could be directing them to the good stuff to steal too.

Doc
Agreed, but if I don't want it stolen, I simply don't leave it unbolted.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I finally got this panel I made up mounted and mostly sorted. I should have a write up posted about it by the end of the week for those who are interested.
IMG_0769.jpg
57151541112__B4B8BE63-F1B6-4EDF-AC93-58A22F77482E.jpg
Nice set-up. Where did you get the molle fire extinguisher holder? How many lbs is the extinguisher? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Sponsored