The Jeep Soap Opera part 1, Guiding Light: Wife mad at me and a dose of karma

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
TO the OP, welcome to the club, I solved my problem (sorta)by buying my wife her own jeep and then my own, but of course mine has a couple of features she covets so now she wants to trade. hehe
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
QUOTE="TexRivers, post: 793449, member: 29065"]I rode motorcycles, mainly long cross country road trips, until a deer hit me and put me in the hospital intensive care unit for 54 days. My Jeep is my new adventure machine. Finished up a 5700 mile trip out west a few weeks ago. Happy to be alive and retired.[/QUOTE]
:like:....Always worried about deer. I never ride at night. Glad you made it.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
A deer hit my wife in a Toyota Highlander, it just jumped right in front of her. It's amazing how much damage they can do! No one was hurt but it took a month to get it fixed, insurance paid for a loaner car so we got a Volvo from Enterprise, damn that was nice!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'm a douche bag. Damn. Many Harley's in my life, only one Corvette. Harley people , I have found to very friendly and generous. Wanted a Honda Trail 70 in the worst way when I was a kid. My friend Billy had one and was great about letting friends ride it. Gave up riding last year. Got a Waverunner. Can't wait to take my top and doors off. Maybe my gf will be afriad to drive it with the doors off! To the OP... great first thread. Nicely written.
EDIT...BrntWS6...just saw you have Harleys...was a joke. Nice.
You said "occupation yes " ,,,,,Just saw that, very funny

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A deer hit my wife in a Toyota Highlander, it just jumped right in front of her. It's amazing how much damage they can do! No one was hurt but it took a month to get it fixed, insurance paid for a loaner car so we got a Volvo from Enterprise, damn that was nice!
Early morning deer , all over the place up here. I am on high alert when riding. I see myself phasing my bike out in the next few years. Never gave it a thought when I was younger, now its all I think about. 52 with slowing reflexes. Im sure the Highlander took a beating!

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
You seem like a jerk for denying your wife her dream car because you didn't want to look like a yuppie, but then became a yuppie anyway just as soon as you got to drive a Jeep. It sounds like your not even going to do anything more than tailgate with it
My old friends a douchie yuppie wannabe. Imo, he'd be the Douchebag who'd get a wrangler and cruise up and down the beach solely to get girls, but "It's a Jeep", so he got himself this instead >.>
maxresdefault.jpg
(Not his actual car)

Idky people want Luxury vehicles, I mean I know it's for the badge and prestige, but many other vehicles offer more for a lot less and are more rugged, unique and iconic.

Back on topic, do the right thing OP and trade in whatever generically bland yupmobile you got your wife for the Jeep of her choice, you'll thank me later

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
My old friends a douchie yuppie wannabe. Imo, he'd be the Douchebag who'd get a wrangler and cruise up and down the beach solely to get girls, but "It's a Jeep", so he got himself this instead >.>
maxresdefault.jpg
(Not his actual car)

Idky people want Luxury vehicles, I mean I know it's for the badge and prestige, but many other vehicles offer more for a lot less and are more rugged, unique and iconic.

Back on topic, do the right thing OP and trade in whatever generically bland yupmobile you got your wife for the Jeep of her choice, you'll thank me later
Oh, he got one of these? How fun.

1*uEe9rvbQB8XM6uYWT_6vng.jpg

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Oh, he got one of these? How fun.

1*uEe9rvbQB8XM6uYWT_6vng.jpg
I told him to get a Wrangler, he said he needed awd and must of thought the JL was a refined as the JK

Then again, as I stated in an earlier thread, his car matches him, white and beige

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.
Similar experience, I had TJ back in 97 - 2003. I remember felling like I had just driven a Harley across country every time I spent more than 30 min in it. Get in energized, get out beat. Then back in February girlfriend and I took a trip to they FL Keys. When we arrived in FLL airport the rental agent apologized and said all they had available was a Jeep Wrangler and wanted to know if that as OK. My Jaw dropped so far it hit the rental counter. My girlfriend said after that, I refused all other options for upgrade and credit back, for not have the car class we requested (I don't remember any of this, I think I blacked out after I heard the phrase Jeep Wrangler). Anyway we loved the smoothness and comfort of the vehicle. I was amazed at how refined it was inside and out. So to make this story shorter, we picked up our new Punkin Sport JLU about 15-days ago (its a Lease and here is where the story takes a turn). Yesterday, my girlfriend and I had a gigantic argument, because in 15 days I have put 1500 mile on the jeep already. I can't stop diving it. If I'm not driving it, I'm thinking of where I'm going to go when I do drive it next. So now she want to to reserve the jeep at certain times just to prevent me from driving it. But oh hell no that ain't happening..... I'm driving my jeep dammit...!!!!!! ain't nobody coming between me an my jeep.......!:mad::angry::swear:

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Love this thread. My wife is from Utah and never owned a Jeep but has always wanted one. I was against it (I like sports cars and my wife drives a minivan with three kids and all that it entails).

A few weeks ago I rented a JL Rubicon in Moab for a few days and did the trails.. Just bought one and my wife is still on vacation and I’m surprising her with it when she gets back with the kids.

The question will be who will drive it more..
I Hope its not a lease...lol:LOL:

Sponsored

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Excuse me being an idiot for what's 8.4 + active safety control issues? Jlur with those and from what I can see there is no recall or issue with them? Thank you

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If anything a pickup truck is a penis extension... not a jeep...

and they're not THAT impractical. Trucks are too big, impractical to park and drive around.

RatherDashing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If you are going to be doing tailgating, get an led bar for the rear window, and a fold down table for the gate. Won't cost you much, easy install, super useful.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Im just wondering how youre gonna keep it away from your wife. My wife has completely taken over ours. (hers)
Exactly. Bets that whatever you talked your wife into buying a few weeks ago is going to become your daily driver in a month or so. Wives play the long game. You've been warned. You'll have to work out a visitation schedule for your Jeep. Trust me.
Sponsored