Roam Adventure Co. RTT

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I finally pulled the trigger on ordering an RTT. Hundreds of hours of YouTube research, yada yada. I went back and forth countless times, added multiple tents to carts online without checking out.

I decided on Roam Adventure Co. out of Austin, TX. I know they're all basically the same (minus the $3000+ gucci tents), so I was very close on the Smittybilt since it was so cheap. But, I liked that Roam (like the other main RTT companies) is solely based on tents/overlanding. I'll post a review once it arrives!

https://www.roamadventureco.com/products/the-vagabond?variant=15423441862702

Sponsored

Last edited:

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going back and forth a lot. I look forward to reading your review!

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ive been considering both of those also, does this one differ from the Smittybilt in any way? Cant wait for more pics when you get it.

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I don’t own a Roam tent, but I’ve gone on a trip with the owner and a bunch of other industry people all running their tents.

They are a 15/10 on quality and design. The owner is a serious engineer mixed with a true outdoorsman. Every thing is though out, especially weight concerns.

If I buy a RTT, it would be a Roam, hands down. I’ve seen most of the models, and they’re 100x nicer than even the pictures.

Support then because they’re a great company, owned by great people, or simply because they are immaculate.

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I don’t own a Roam tent, but I’ve gone on a trip with the owner and a bunch of other industry people all running their tents.

They are a 15/10 on quality and design. The owner is a serious engineer mixed with a true outdoorsman. Every thing is though out, especially weight concerns.

If I buy a RTT, it would be a Roam, hands down. I’ve seen most of the models, and they’re 100x nicer than even the pictures.

Support then because they’re a great company, owned by great people, or simply because they are immaculate.
I’ll know more once I use it this coming Friday night, but for the price I got similar features to the higher cost Tepuis I think. Clear vinyl in the rain fly so we can still see out of the skylights during rain!! C’mon, man, that’s cool.

Like I said earlier re: Smittybilt, I preferred going w/ a company that is solely RTTs and outdoors. I imagined what would happen if I had an issue and had to call Smittybilt: “Umm I have an issue w/ ONE of the THOUSANDS of different products you make...” vs calling Roam: “Hey guys, I have a question re: your RTT...oh which one? The Vagabond.”... THE END!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It just amazes me how popular this fade has gotten. Because of the JT and they're putting tents on them now everybody from a Ford explorer two subarus have tents on them some of the vehicles that they're putting tents on is a joke.I mean come on a subaru Ford explorer you're not going too far off road in one of those I slept in many tents going camping before and they were just fine some of them were almost like a small house and yes they were on the ground but it doesn't really make that much of a difference if you got the right padding I can assure you. I would rather have more room and got a nice card from cabela's that's unbelievable soft and have more room inside the tent then be up sleeping on top of the Jeep with enough room for two people or three at the most small people. This has become such a big fade now I know people that are going out and spending five $6,000 putting this on top of their jeeps and they will never use the damn tent one time. Not saying some won't but more won't then more will. Just like everything that's bad will come and go just remember some camping areas that you camp at state parks and such up north don't allow soft type tense it has to be hard due to the animals bears at lions bobcats and such they want let you camp in anyting soft type it has to be hard top some state parks and campgrounds up north and I could see why.just because you're up on top of a tent doesn't mean a bear or mountain lion isn't going to get you. I'll continue to use our eight person tent which cuz there's plenty of room for 3 people in it
Sponsored