TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve got a Punk’n Gladiator ordered and I wanted to ask you guys (since you’re in the best position to know): is there any actual metal flake in Punk’n?

I love the color. Wouldn’t have ordered it otherwise. But I’ve yet to detect the supposed metal content in any Punk’n Jeeps I’ve seen. What gives? Is it just only visible under super specific lighting conditions?
As others have responded, there are actually flakes of glass in the Punk'n color. This particular color took 6-8 months to develop.

Here's an interesting article on this topic... https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...r-offers-a-color-thats-a-treat-for-halloween/

The all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler offers a color that’s a treat for Halloween

ACM-Pumpkins-1024x410.png

The Jeep® brand offers the perfect color on the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler for enthusiasts looking to celebrate Halloween throughout the year.

The Punk’n paint color covers the body of the redesigned Jeep Wrangler from bumper to bumper, giving the iconic vehicle a splash of color. The unique color was the brainchild of Head of Jeep Design Mark Allen.

004A3016.jpg

“(Mark Allen) was looking for a new orange space that was unique from what we have produced in the past for FCA vehicles. He didn’t want an orange color that flared too red, or yellow or just went brown,” said La Shirl Turner, Head of Advance Color & Materials. “Punk’n, although it resembles a ‘solid’ color, actually has glass flakes in its chemistry. When the sun hits it, it has a great flash of shimmer!”

Once the color was proposed, the FCA Product Design Office’s Advanced Color & Materials team worked closely with FCA’s paint supplier PPG to get the perfect orange exterior color. It took between six and eight months to get it just right and not have the color appear with too much chroma or have it go flat.

With the color perfected, it was time to come up with a name. Turner said that Allen was the “genius” behind the naming and the variation of the pumpkin spelling.

“We knew we wanted a name that would fit the (Wrangler) lifestyle and appeal to the customers of Wrangler,” Turner added.

If Punk’n orange is more of a trick than a treat for your taste, there’s a mixed assortment of colors offered by the Jeep brand.

For those that favor a color that is closer to your favorite drink, or your kid’s slime, there’s Mojito! exterior paint color. Or maybe you prefer a color that is a little brighter, and reflects a sunnier disposition? There’s Hellayella exterior paint color.

Additionally, for those who want to have a blast with their paint color (or want to have that fire truck look) there’s the Firecracker Red exterior paint color.

“I believe it has a lot to do with the exterior styling and also the lifestyle and customer base,” said Turner, about the variety of available colors for the Wrangler. “You can have both fun and serious colors you would never think of placing on other vehicles.”

Source: https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...r-offers-a-color-thats-a-treat-for-halloween/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TJ2018

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
My 2006 Impact Orange LJR was nicknamed Punkin'. What the heck am I going to name my Punk'n 2019?
I forget who the member was, but he named his Punk'n jeep Julius :like:

Sponsored

Sponsored

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Genius is a stretch. That's how a child would enunciate that color.