Sponsored

Artec - New and Improved Steel Bumper Winch Plate

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you were not already aware, Artec Industries has release a new version of their JL steel bumper winch plate. This new plate is now 1/4" thick and seriously reinforced on all sides. Take a look at the pictures and notice how much more reinforcement has been designed in to this new version. There are also steel spacers included for winch models that need the extra room or if you want a little more space between the winch and the grill. Of course this will most likely mean that the rear holes in the skid plate will need to be drilled out a little but that is common with many winch plates.

I hadn't heard of anyone having bending issues with the old version but I had read there were some problems with other brands using 3/16" steel that was not reinforced properly. This new version looks like it was cut with the same precision as the old for an exact fit but it's way more heavy duty. One thing I liked about the old version was that that my Zeon 10-S fit perfectly in the bumper and I still had 1/16 of an inch between the winch and the grill. Also, I was able to get to the the inner mounting nuts without too much of an issue. I have not installed this new one yet so we will see but the quality of the plate and powder coating looks top notch and above expectation.

If you are in the market for a winch plate for your JL steel bumper and want something that is not going to let you down when you need it the most. The Artec Industries winch plate is one to keep at the top of your list. I bought the original and thought highly of it... then this new one was release and you can tell it is thicker, stronger, and far more reinforced than many of the other brand winch plates on the market.

Now the question that you might have if you own the old version... what will it take for me to get this model? Well, you are in luck. If you had purchased the old version and want this new one, all you will need to do is call/email Artec and they will exchange the old one for this new model. There may be some shipping costs involved for the new one but you will want to inquire with them for the details.

There are not many companies that will go above and beyond after the sale but Artec is doing exactly that. An American made product backed by a company that stands behind the products they sell and will go the extra mile when there could be a potential issue. That is what you expect from of a company that you purchase items from but truly rarely see. I thank Artec for doing that and will consider their other products before others for that reason.

One item that you need to be aware of is that this new version is no longer compatible with Superwinch EXP like the older version was.

ARTEC JL Steel Bumper Winch Plate

artec_complete.jpg

Artec_plate.jpg
Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
Nice plate, but they said it will not with the Warn VR EVO winches. Fits Zeon. I wonder why?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
If you were not already aware, Artec Industries has release a new version of their JL steel bumper winch plate. This new plate is now 1/4" thick and seriously reinforced on all sides. Take a look at the pictures and notice how much more reinforcement has been designed in to this new version. There are also steel spacers included for winch models that need the extra room or if you want a little more space between the winch and the grill. Of course this will most likely mean that the rear holes in the skid plate will need to be drilled out a little but that is common with many winch plates.

I hadn't heard of anyone having bending issues with the old version but I had read there were some problems with other brands using 3/16" steel that was not reinforced properly. This new version looks like it was cut with the same precision as the old for an exact fit but it's way more heavy duty. One thing I liked about the old version was that that my Zeon 10-S fit perfectly in the bumper and I still had 1/16 of an inch between the winch and the grill. Also, I was able to get to the the inner mounting nuts without too much of an issue. I have not installed this new one yet so we will see but the quality of the plate and powder coating looks top notch and above expectation.

If you are in the market for a winch plate for your JL steel bumper and want something that is not going to let you down when you need it the most. The Artec Industries winch plate is one to keep at the top of your list. I bought the original and thought highly of it... then this new one was release and you can tell it is thicker, stronger, and far more reinforced than many of the other brand winch plates on the market.

Now the question that you might have if you own the old version... what will it take for me to get this model? Well, you are in luck. If you had purchased the old version and want this new one, all you will need to do is call/email Artec and they will exchange the old one for this new model. There may be some shipping costs involved for the new one but you will want to inquire with them for the details.

There are not many companies that will go above and beyond after the sale but Artec is doing exactly that. An American made product backed by a company that stands behind the products they sell and will go the extra mile when there could be a potential issue. That is what you expect from of a company that you purchase items from but truly rarely see. I thank Artec for doing that and will consider their other products before others for that reason.

One item that you need to be aware of is that this new version is no longer compatible with Superwinch EXP like the older version was.

ARTEC JL Steel Bumper Winch Plate

artec_complete.jpg

Artec_plate.jpg
After I bought my Artec plate and installed it, WARN released their plate, and I noticed it was using heavier Guage steel. I was wondering why the Artec plate was using thinner steel than some of the others coming out on the market.

Have you used your winch yet? I haven't had a chance to use mine, but curious to know if anyone is using the original style plate, and how it has held up.

Wondering if the reason they have changed it is because of customer complaints with the old version.

OP
OP
EZMFE

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After I bought my Artec plate and installed it, WARN released their plate, and I noticed it was using heavier Guage steel. I was wondering why the Artec plate was using thinner steel than some of the others coming out on the market.

Have you used your winch yet? I haven't had a chance to use mine, but curious to know if anyone is using the original style plate, and how it has held up.

Wondering if the reason they have changed it is because of customer complaints with the old version.
I pulled on old one and the new a couple times. No problems for me with either one but they were truly easy pulls.

As the story was told to me and from what I can remember, there was someone in California that was pulling out a larger vehicle that was stuck in the mud and their plate had bent. That was the only report that they had and redesigned it at that point. Also, they referenced going through some extra vigorous testing with the new one that was over the top (details escape me) or more than anyone should be using it for and it handled everything they threw at it.

The newer version is definitely improved and recommended but is a little more of a PITA to install (compared to the original) due to the added reinforcements on the corner bends. Nothing more than any other brand I am sure.

One thing I can say is that they stood behind their product and when there was word of a fault they jumped on it to correct any potential issues. If I was in the market for a winch plate, I would buy the Artec without hesitation.

Last edited:

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Thanks for the info. Agreed, that it's great to see a company stand behind their products.

Sponsored

Means2212

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2012 Ford Explorer, 2019 JLUR
Nice plate, but they said it will not with the Warn VR EVO winches. Fits Zeon. I wonder why?
It’s because of plastic molding on the VR. I got this winch plate and the VR Evo when it came out. I had to switch for the Warn plate. Unfortunately I was past the time to be able to send it back to Northridge4x4 so I’m stuck with it in my garage lol.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So about a week ago I ordered this Artec Winch plate from 4WP, item number JL5609, but the photo is of the old design. I checked the Artec website and the new redesigned plate has the same item number. So I’m really not sure which design I will receive. 4WP does say that the item ships directly from manufacturer. However, I paid 190 for it on 4WP whereas he price is 300 on the Artec website. It’s been almost a year since the redesign so it’s interesting if I will get the new design or some left over stock of the old design, considering I paid 190 instead of 300.

Evilcat

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL RUBICON
So about a week ago I ordered this Artec Winch plate from 4WP, item number JL5609, but the photo is of the old design. I checked the Artec website and the new redesigned plate has the same item number. So I’m really not sure which design I will receive. 4WP does say that the item ships directly from manufacturer. However, I paid 190 for it on 4WP whereas he price is 300 on the Artec website. It’s been almost a year since the redesign so it’s interesting if I will get the new design or some left over stock of the old design, considering I paid 190 instead of 300.
So which one did you get?