What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

LIVESTRONG

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Spent this afternoon installing the Teraflex 1.5” spacer lift and new wheels and tires. This is the first work that I’ve ever done on a vehicle besides an oil change or changing a flat. I have to say it went pretty smoothly except that my torque wrench didn’t seem to be working. I’m psyched about how it turned out.
My whole body is sore even though I work out all the time. Took about five hours.
Thanks to @rzitup for the wheel/tire inspiration.
XD Grenade 17”
KO2 315/70/17

40A755B1-D57C-43E9-9B39-FC30A50C6058.jpeg
Looks fantastic!

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Here's a little thing, but quite useful. I installed a Fumoto F316L oil drain valve in the JLU during this weekend's oil change. I have had a Fumoto in the KJ for years, and have used them on inboard marine engines as well. If you don't use one, well, you might want to consider snagging one. They sure do make oil changes a lot easier and a lot less messy. I use a bit of 3/8" vinyl tubing to drain directly into an empty five quart oil container. I also leave about an inch of tubing with a silicone plug in one end, to keep dirt out of the drain stem. Here is their website, and the valves are readily available on Amazon. They are quite reliable, but there is a little safety clip available for heavy off-road use as well. http://fumotousa.com/

fumoto1.jpg

fumoto2.jpg

fumoto3.jpg
Love those things. Had one of my JK...now I have one on my JLUR.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ill have to look into that. I had a cheap set that I used and they just snapped when I went to tighten them. Just curious, what brand punches do you have?
Whatever you use make sure you put it all the way down to the handle so you dont create so much leverage

RonLlamas

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLU
Awesome! I actually just ordered one for my note 8. Did you drill the extra holes like the video said if need be?
I didnt find that I needed to, the screws and 3m tape are sufficient. If you're hanging heavier stuff on this rail then probably that's the way to go but I dont plan on anything crazy

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Beamtech H13 bulbs. I used the 8 K version with passive cooling, and they went in just like stock. Difference is huge. Now I have Diode Dynamics’s DRL/turn signal leds coming on Tuesday. Really just wanted better light output, but now I wanna match .

CE31006D-CF47-4FFC-8670-E8DDDC1774B1.jpeg
And now with DD turns and DRLs.

B10E1B8A-03DE-4981-977B-7FB1267FADB7.jpeg

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Installed a SteeringSmart Yeti XD adjustable front track bar on the Jeep today. The steering now has a much more solid feel to it which is what I was hoping for. :like:

yeti_track_bar.jpg
I unfortunately did not have the same luck. I installed the Yeti track bar along with TeraFlex stabilizer, new gear box (not the one that was released 2 weeks ago) and adjustable LCA's and I'm still getting the wondering on the highway. Not sure what to do next at this point

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
My whole body is sore even though I work out all the time. Took about five hours.
Thanks to @rzitup for the wheel/tire inspiration.
XD Grenade 17”
KO2 315/70/17

EB6D0AB9-A163-438F-9235-E400B7506E9E.jpeg

165CC660-0DA3-44E7-89DC-1648093E6299.jpeg
Dude, tell me about it. I've done work on vehicles before but way back in High School. Installing the lift this past weekend was easy but man my body parts are SORE!! Especially my hands and fingers.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Picked up my 2019 MOAB from the Custom Shop. MOPAR lift, Fuel wheels, Toyo tires, Stabilizer bar, Rough Country steps.
I love the way she came out.

5FB5A872-D297-41A4-9E12-358431983E0B.jpeg

That rascal is plumb gorgeous!

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I unfortunately did not have the same luck. I installed the Yeti track bar along with TeraFlex stabilizer, new gear box (not the one that was released 2 weeks ago) and adjustable LCA's and I'm still getting the wondering on the highway. Not sure what to do next at this point
What’s your caster?
What’s your toe in?
What’s your air pressure?

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Caster 5.5
toe-in 0.2
tire pressure 34psi
I would adjust your caster a little higher closer or even slightly above 6.0 and see how that works. Ive heard of folks going close to even 7

I assume your axle has been centered correctly?

Have you purchased either an adjustable rear track bar or even a rear track bar relocation bracket?

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I would adjust your caster a little higher closer or even slightly above 6.0 and see how that works. Ive heard of folks going close to even 7

I assume your axle has been centered correctly?

Have you purchased either an adjustable rear track bar or even a rear track bar relocation bracket?
Maybe I'll try adjusting them a little more and see if that helps.
I measured my axle to see if it was centered and it was from what I could tell. I measured from the shock to the fender on each side.
I haven't touched the rear track bar or anything on the back for that matter. I didn't think that would have an impact on the steering or wondering issue.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Maybe I'll try adjusting them a little more and see if that helps.
I measured my axle to see if it was centered and it was from what I could tell. I measured from the shock to the fender on each side.
I haven't touched the rear track bar or anything on the back for that matter. I didn't think that would have an impact on the steering or wondering issue.
Might drop air pressure lower as well, what size tires do you have? im running between 30 (cold) and 32 (warm) PSI on my 32 inch tires.
Have you checked status of your d-link? I have seen where the ball join where the d-link connects to pitman arm, is loose and causes wander like symptoms. at least, less response to correction. I plan to replace mine at some point, even though I don’t have any bad steering issues.
Centering of the trackbar shouldn’t be done using the body, but instead to the frame on each side. My Jeep guy educated me on this, where I was using the body too. I was about 3/16 off, maybe it was only 1/8, and he set it according to the frame instead. not that it will help with wander, but just sharing in case you also have any sort of shimmy or wobble.
Tires balanced?
just a couple more thoughts, in additional adding a bit more caster as noted already from another person.