Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
For his initial hatred and semi-misconceptions, @Skip The Road is banned from the forum for one day.

Oh, and when you get your Sarah...pics, or it didn't happen. There are rules.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

best post so far this morning to read. Welcome to the club

Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
My salesmen said it was great and I should post it as an introduction to the group. But I forgot to add that I think I am going to have tennis elbow because it seems like Jeeps are the new midlife crisis vehicle and every yuppie wanting a penis extension has one so there needs to be a way to identify a yuppie from a real Jeep person so that I only wave at the cool real jeep people and ignore those yuppie jerk offs like me. May be ignoring plastic bumpers will work.
Don't pre-judge, just wave at everyone you can. Some of us keep our Jeeps looking mostly stock because they still kick ass for pretty much any use except extreme rock crawling. I haven't done Moab, but I'm still a Jeeper.

Although you will find that many of the soccer moms won't wave back, and some of the guys that turned their YJ into a monster truck competitor. I think they may be pre-judging everyone.

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
....and welcome to the club Skip. I used to feel the same way about a certain brand of bicycle in my earlier days. I thought everyone who rode one was a douche. Because I new a total douche who couldn't stop talking about them. Then I rode one and liked it a lot. Even a douche can be right once in a while.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
For me, I've wanted to have a motorcycle since I was a kid riding a Honda Mini Trail 50 (if you remember them - God bless you!) and I planned to get a Honda 750 when i turned 16, well that day came and went. I'll be 60 this week and still no bike. Why? well, all my buddies that rode - told me about all the close calls and near misses, and some guys had some horrible accidents too. But with the Jeep, doors off and topless, it's pretty darn close!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
For me, I've wanted to have a motorcycle since I was a kid riding a Honda Mini Trail 50 (if you remember them - God bless you!) and I planned to get a Honda 750 when i turned 16, well that day came and went. I'll be 60 this week and still no bike. Why? well, all my buddies that rode - told me about all the close calls and near misses, and some guys had some horrible accidents too. But with the Jeep, doors off and topless, it's pretty darn close!
If I lived in an urban area I probably wouldnt ride. I put my bike down once, in 30 plus years, avoiding a deer. The roof off is my favorite way to go, but its not exactly the same as snaking my way on a mountain road . At 60 your reflexes are slowing down , good move avoiding a bike now. Happy Birthday btw!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it. 5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.
Hahaha . . . Truly enjoyed reading your experience. Congrats and enjoy your new Jeep!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Wait til your wife sits in bed with you scanning the internet for cute accessories to put on your jeep :) My wife was like "are you ever going to hurry up and install the lift".

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Never thought of a wrangler like that at all. If I had to put those labels on something it would be corvettes and Harleys. Especially Harleys, those guys are douche bags. I always looked at wranglers as a laid back chill vehicle to drive and that's how i feel driving it, never really in a hurry.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
so there needs to be a way to identify a yuppie from a real Jeep person so that I only wave at the cool real jeep people and ignore those yuppie jerk offs like me. May be ignoring plastic bumpers will work.
One of my online profiles describes me as "50% Yuppie, 50% Hillbilly, 100% 'Murican" and that about sums it up. Yuppie it up all week commuting, and strip it down and take it offroad on the weekends. It's great that it can handle both roles.
Sponsored