The Jeep Soap Opera part 1, Guiding Light: Wife mad at me and a dose of karma

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4 Door
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it.

5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.

Update: Still can not order the Jeep the way I want it speced. Rental fees now at $3,900. But Leon from Criswell has been awsome through this process. This forum is how I found out about him. Give him a call @ 202.557.0032 if interested.
Sponsored

Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Let me start out by saying that I have hated jeeps my entire life. They are impractical, noisy, bumpy, cold/hot, cant drive straight and they are designed to be used in a place that 90+% of the time they wont be used for. What made it worse for me was when the 4 door came out and every jerkoff yuppie now thought they were cool and rugged because they had one parked in their subdivision garage.

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it. 5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.
I know you dont care what anyone thinks but you want to know what I think ? I think its freakin awesome ! Im just wondering how youre gonna keep it away from your wife. My wife has completely taken over ours. (hers)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I ordered an f150 from enterprise because my truck had to be put into a shop for 3 days. F150 was never transferred and all they had was something called a Sarah. I didn't even know what that was. Once I saw it I told them no way and they said that it is all they have. My wife's dream vehicle is a jeep and when we bought her a new car 3 months ago I said hell no. Well I left enterprise with this overpriced 4 door yuppie monstrosity. I got home and my wife though it was hilarious. The next day I took the tops off and that was my $58,000 mistake. I love speed boats but now mine has become a family thing instead of my thing. If it goes out so do 3 more people wanting to do 3 different thing. I realized that every thing I hated about Wranglers are what I love about boating. I loved it. Now remember this is a rental and when I got home I wanted to take the doors off so why not. I drove over a 100 miles that night. It was the same as driving a boat at night. My truck was fixed but I didn't drive it. 5 weeks later my rental bill is at $2,500 and I just ordered a 2020 $56,000 Rubi in orange. I shall name her punkin. So now my wife is pissed at me and I have had to seek advice from people that I ridiculed to their faces for owning one. The karma part is that now that I want one they can"t finalize the order because of the 8.4 and advanced safety package issue. But that will just give me more time to order accessories. I don't know how much time punkin will see off road but she sure will look pretty tailgating at the Bengals games. So I am excited about my midlife crisis/yuppie/over priced/ penis extension that I am buying and don't care what anyone else thinks about me for owning one.
Freaking hilarious dude... I love it, I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing with you..... :rock:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4 Door
I know you dont care what anyone thinks but you want to know what I think ? I think its freakin awesome ! Im just wondering how youre gonna keep it away from your wife. My wife has completely taken over ours. (hers)
My wife isn't talking to me otherwise to say that I always hated them and I wouldn't let her get one.

OP
OP

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4 Door
Poor Sarah didn’t see what was coming to her when you brought her home reluctantly, got her completely naked, and rode her for 5 weeks.
But she's no rubicon she is black and high class saharh

OP
OP

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4 Door
Freaking hilarious dude... I love it, I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing with you..... :rock:
My salesmen said it was great and I should post it as an introduction to the group. But I forgot to add that I think I am going to have tennis elbow because it seems like Jeeps are the new midlife crisis vehicle and every yuppie wanting a penis extension has one so there needs to be a way to identify a yuppie from a real Jeep person so that I only wave at the cool real jeep people and ignore those yuppie jerk offs like me. May be ignoring plastic bumpers will work.

Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
My salesmen said it was great and I should post it as an introduction to the group. But I forgot to add that I think I am going to have tennis elbow because it seems like Jeeps are the new midlife crisis vehicle and every yuppie wanting a penis extension has one so there needs to be a way to identify a yuppie from a real Jeep person so that I only wave at the cool real jeep people and ignore those yuppie jerk offs like me. May be ignoring plastic bumpers will work.
God damn. Never thought of myself as this. Figured I was doing the responsible thing by not putting another Explorer on the road (even though we were going to go ST) and letting my kids pick the color. Figured if I wanted a mid life crisis car it would’ve been a GT500 or new Vette, lol.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I keep my wife from driving MINE by ordering a 6 speed manual and neglecting to teach her how to drive it. :like::LOL::jk:

OP
OP

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4 Door
God damn. Never thought of myself as this. Figured I was doing the responsible thing by not putting another Explorer on the road (even though we were going to go ST) and letting my kids pick the color. Figured if I wanted a mid life crisis car it would’ve been a GT500 or new Vette, lol.
Same here. But I just paid as much as a base model vette.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Love this thread. My wife is from Utah and never owned a Jeep but has always wanted one. I was against it (I like sports cars and my wife drives a minivan with three kids and all that it entails).

A few weeks ago I rented a JL Rubicon in Moab for a few days and did the trails.. Just bought one and my wife is still on vacation and I’m surprising her with it when she gets back with the kids.

The question will be who will drive it more..
Sponsored