Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

codylancaster

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just ordered 295/70/17 Patagonias for our new 2019 JL that's getting ready to leave Toledo in time for Xmas :)
Nothing but great reviews for these tires, looking forward to running them!
I just got a set too, how have you been liking them so far?

I have some vibration, noticeable in the steering wheel (wobbles at certain speed) and can can feel it just around 55ish. I think it is improper balance and will have it checked.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

I have some vibration, noticeable in the steering wheel (wobbles at certain speed) and can can feel it just around 55ish. I think it is improper balance and will have it checked.
No probs here, did you get new wheels too? If so you might need hub adapter rings if your wheels aren't hubcentric.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

Sounds like the shop did a poor job balancing your tires. I have had two sets (38s and 40s) with no issues.

I actually have a third set (38s) waiting to go on the 2020 JLUR I ordered.

codylancaster

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
No probs here, did you get new wheels too? If so you might need hub adapter rings if your wheels aren't hubcentric.
I appreciate the feedback. Yea, the center bore is 78.1, going to get a set to have them put on when i have them check the balance. Just ordered, be here tomorrow!

OrangeJeeper

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Sounds like the shop did a poor job balancing your tires. I have had two sets (38s and 40s) with no issues.

I actually have a third set (38s) waiting to go on the 2020 JLUR I ordered.
Carlton, what wheels are your running in your profile pic?

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
How many miles do you all have your Patagonia's? I know they aren't rated for 60,000 miles like KO2s but I definitely don't want to be replacing tires after 20,000. Majority of my driving will be on the highway and city streets like everyone else but I'd like to upgrade to 35s without breaking the bank.

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Funny thing you mentioned this. The day after I got mine, I had a strong wheel shimmy at 55+. It became nauseating at 65+ and tough to hold the wheel. I took it back to DT for rebalance. Turns out, I had 2 tires that were out of round and they had to order 2 new tires.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Funny thing you mentioned this. The day after I got mine, I had a strong wheel shimmy at 55+. It became nauseating at 65+ and tough to hold the wheel. I took it back to DT for rebalance. Turns out, I had 2 tires that were out of round and they had to order 2 new tires.
I've had 2 set's now, 37s and 38s and never had a problem.

Sponsored

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I Shouldn't base my opinion of a tire on aesthetics, but I just can't get over the looks of the tire. Made in China doesn't help.. I have 39" KM3 on order for a JK and waiting to see how they size-up.... Range C, reported to be 37.25" mounted... for me, a much better alternative to the the tweener tire. Bigger than a 37" and not quite a 40.
How do you like the KM3?

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I didn't see a lot of non-Rubi's or 33's, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here and share my experience with my JL Sahara. I tired to hit the common themes in the thread as well.

I picked up 5 Milestar Patagonia MT in 275/70r18 with Vision Manx 398 wheels, 18x9 +18 offset (roughly 5.7in backspace). I got the whole set at a steal; $148 each for the tires, $160 each for the wheels, $1800 out the door installed. Thank you Discount Tire!!!

I was skeptical about the Pat's, but between this thread, a lot of research and reading of other reviews, I was convinced to give them a shot. In spirit of honesty, my only concern was tread life. I ran 35in Kelly Safari TSR's on my JK and projected about 50k on those, so hearing that these would net 35k ish miles worried me. But... at $148 per tire, I couldn't find a proper argument for lower tread life. My first impressions and before/after pictures are below.

Tires: I've run several sets of mud tires in the past, I knew what I was getting into when I bought an E load LT tire. That's a big jump from the squishy, and quite frankly, terrible stock Bridgestones that came on the Jeep. No knock to Bridgestone, they have some good tires, but the stock set I had were terrible. I went through 3 tires in 12 months because of punctures from road debris. Purchasing the Mopar wheel/tire replacement program when I got the Jeep was the best purchase I've ever made. They replaced all 3 at no cost, but hell, I don't want to be in the dealer every few months replacing tires. This program will carry over to the new wheels and tires. Win-Win.

Noise: Anyway, these are a significant departure from stock. Yes, they are loud. I'd say louder than most people are letting on. I am OK with that though, I like the sound of a mud tire. However, they are not obnoxiously loud and probably on par with a ko2 or Duratrac. Definitely quieter than my TSR's were.

Ride: Being an E load, they are much more stiff than stock. Even at 34psi they ride stiff. I am OK with this though, it doesn't bother me and appreciate that quality. One thing that I noticed is, there is a bit of vibration from the lugs at low speed. When you roll at idle and the first few MPH's, you can feel the lugs. That goes away at speed, comes back when you decelerate to low speeds. I don't mind it, it's actually kind of neat.

Tracking: These have a tendency to wonder if not aired properly. If they are over inflated, like any mud or aggressive tire, they will lead your Jeep to wonder. I aired down to 34, still a bit high, but corrected most of that.

MPG's: Fuel efficiency, going from a 255 to 275 series, is not significantly impacted. I've noticed about a 0.5mpg drop in fuel economy.

Speedo: Not really effected. The speedo is off by 1mph over 50mph, and about 2mph over 70 mph. Keeping in mind, I only increased the size of the tire about 1.5 inches, I was not expecting a huge difference in the speedo readings.

Looks: Badass. I've had big Jeeps in the past, and given this gal will be taking many long road trips, I did not want to go too big. Just enough to be more capable than stock and have a proper stance. I'll be adding a Rubi takeoff suspension and front spacers soon, so that will add about 1in lift and level it out. I think this tire/wheel combo is a great compliment to that look.

That it. Any questions, let me know.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Thanks, I was hoping to find a review of someone running 275/70/18s on a Sahara. I’ve a couple of concerns - I’m running in Canada and Michigan, so snow and ice are an important bit. I’m leaning to the KO2s still because of the severe snow rating.

Do you need the oversized tire relocation mount for 33” on 18” rims tires on the Sahara?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Thanks, I was hoping to find a review of someone running 275/70/18s on a Sahara. I’ve a couple of concerns - I’m running in Canada and Michigan, so snow and ice are an important bit. I’m leaning to the KO2s still because of the severe snow rating.

Do you need the oversized tire relocation mount for 33” on 18” rims tires on the Sahara?
33s mount right up. No modifications needed.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
How many miles do you all have your Patagonia's? I know they aren't rated for 60,000 miles like KO2s but I definitely don't want to be replacing tires after 20,000. Majority of my driving will be on the highway and city streets like everyone else but I'd like to upgrade to 35s without breaking the bank.
I have almost 10k in mine and they are wearing fast. I’m actually disappointed. I was hoping to get 25-30k out of them but it’s looking like I’ll be lucky to get 20k. I easily got 35k out of my nittos over the year and could still sell them used with good tread. I’ve rotated them every 3k so far. I should have expected this for as soft and light as they are. 38” mostly highway driving
Sponsored