Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
If this is mostly winter/snow I would get a Sahara that has the all terrain tires on it vs all season. If you get the LSD (rear slip) it comes with all terrain tires.

In terms of 4cylinder vs 6 I would drive them both back to back. I thought I was convinced I would want the 4 cylinder but test drove them both back to back and thought they were pretty close and decided on the 6. I had a JL Rubicon in Moab with the 6 and beat the tar out of it for 2 days on some crazy trails, and it had zero issues. I figure if it can handle that it will laugh at CT winters and trails :)

I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
To each their own. I don't have the LED package and don't miss it. I don't have the proximity door locks and wish I had gotten them, much as I had reached a price beyond which I did not want to go beyond, and the locks where the first to go.

They'll be near impossible, at least as of this writing, to add afterwards if you're one of those: "do I keep on having to take this dang fob out of my pocket to open the doors" kind of guy.

It sounds like, with no immediate need, that ordering yours is the way to go. As you probably know many dealers will give you various percentages off invoice (discussed elsewhere on the forum) and you don't end up, like buying a showroom model, paying more, in addition to possibly having to pay for features you don't want, or do without features you wish the showroom rig had.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
I have the 2.0. thought it was the best thing ever. Then my alternator and one of the batteries(dealer never told me which one) died. I had to wait a month and a half for that alternator. I no longer appreciate the 2.0 for what it is. I also no longer trust the BSG/mild hybrid system. To each is own, people will think what they want. That's just my .02 for you. Had I known then what I know now, I would've got the 3.6 even though people say it's a dog compared to the 2.0. Still doesn't have the BSG so I feel safer driving that instead

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 2.0. thought it was the best thing ever. Then my alternator and one of the batteries(dealer never told me which one) died. I had to wait a month and a half for that alternator. I no longer appreciate the 2.0 for what it is. I also no longer trust the BSG/mild hybrid system. To each is own, people will think what they want. That's just my .02 for you. Had I known then what I know now, I would've got the 3.6 even though people say it's a dog compared to the 2.0. Still doesn't have the BSG so I feel safer driving that instead
That would piss me off too. I understand your annoyance and see your point but fortunately it’s rare and lemons happen. Unfortunately, you got one.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
That would piss me off too. I understand your annoyance and see your point but fortunately it’s rare and lemons happen. Unfortunately, you got one.
And unfortunately Chrysler played their cards right and I wasn't able to file for a lemon...

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Did it get fixed?
For the most part. Still trying to get something else fixed that it was at the dealer for under the same repair order. The tech said no problem found to the 3 other things I asked them to look at. I'm only truly worried about the steering wheel snapping/clicking noise it makes. The back up camera and cooling fan I could care less about

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the most part. Still trying to get something else fixed that it was at the dealer for under the same repair order. The tech said no problem found to the 3 other things I asked them to look at. I'm only truly worried about the steering wheel snapping/clicking noise it makes. The back up camera and cooling fan I could care less about
Damn. Well at least they are getting it fixed. Hopefully you can move on with it and start to trust it again.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Car and Driver. Independent testing. The performance between the two engines is within tenths of a second and both have pros and cons. The V6 is not a dog. The 4cylinder has more torque while you are in boost. Outside of boost the V6 felt stronger at least based on my test drive.

V6
C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 6.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 20.1 sec
Zero to 110 mph: 28.7 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 7.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.3 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 4.9 sec
Standing ÂĽ-mile: 15.2 sec @ 90 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 113 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 176 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad*: 0.73 g
*stability-control-inhibited

4cyl
C/D TEST RESULTS
Zero to 60 mph: 6.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 20.1 sec
Zero to 110 mph: 27.7 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 7.6 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.8 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 5.2 sec
Standing ÂĽ-mile: 15.2 sec @ 90 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 112 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 194 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.74 g

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Damn. Well at least they are getting it fixed. Hopefully you can move on with it and start to trust it again.
Doubtful. I live in MA. I drove that thing down to NC and back. I drove it regularly up to northern VT. Had it failed any time going to or from those places I would've been screwed. It had 11,289 miles when that alternator failed. I realize that's not truly a new vehicle at that point, but still one would assume an alternator would last much further past that mileage. Also being that much mileage made me stop to think how long will this next one last if that failed so soon? Maybe I'm paranoid, maybe not. But I don't think I'll ever trust it to go on far trips with again

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati GT, Ferrari 355 F1 GTS, Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, BMW 335xi
Connor - your issues have not be covered under warranty?

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Connor - your issues have not be covered under warranty?
Yes they have. It just took an astronomical amount of time for them to fix. The dealer didn't want or care to diag the minor issues though, only the check engine light issue. I have since booked an appointment at another dealer. Both dealers are the same owners, just different locations. One was closer to me so I brought it there since I thought the one I bought my Jeep from didn't have Saturday service either and that's when my Jeep broke down. Now I'm bringing it to the dealer I bought it from in hopes they care to help me out a little

Nutmeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Wish I had the proximity on mine. Did not want to deal with the BSG so went 3.6. Jeep is not offering the 2.0 in the Gladiator which I now consider a clue.
Sponsored