Sponsored

Coments, Pictures and Videos from Badge of Honor Trails.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We also did the three badge of Honor Trails in Windrock back in June. I rained some, so that made it interesting. There was a lot of water.

Panter Rock Trail #51. I would suggest going clockwise on this loop trail. We went counter clockwise and It had a spot we had to winch up with 37s. Maybe if it was not wet, we could have got up, but it would have been easier to to go down it. It was a quick winching, but it was something we could have easily done going the other direction. There was many nice waterfalls along this trail. Even one you could easily get to walk under.
20190622_163633.jpg
20190622_170733.jpg
20190622_172410.jpg

Trail 16 was the hardest and it is amazing that we did not get any body damage. It was wet and there was sliding down hill on this trail while it is wet. Sorry no pics of this as I was in full concentration mode. My wife may have some on her phone, Maybe I will update it after I check.

Trail 26 was easy, there was one rock shelf to drop off and other that than it was easy. The rock shelf could be bypassed by staying way to the left on the trail for the most part.
20190622_111608.jpg
20190622_111719.jpg
20190622_112829.jpg

In our group there was a JKUR on 35s an stock JLUR and my JLUR on 37s. The stock JLUR was able to go everywhere but with some scraping and he had to bump it in some spots. We also did Nemo's Tunnel, but that is for a different thread.

Trail 16 was the hardest. I think it was best going from the top down. Lucky we did not run into any traffic coming the other way.
We ran 16 bottom to top. At the start of every hill climb, I would look at @ThirtyOne and say “this is the last climb” and they just kept coming. It is, by far, the hardest trail I’ve ever run. With that said, I’m still fairly new to the whole wheeling thing but I’ve been lucky enough to watch and learn from @chevymitchell.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Not unless she’s done so without telling me and parking it around the corner. Time to investigate. :bandit:
Lol just give in man:like: I'm working on my husband too. But he just isn't into the Gladiator:crying: I think it looks really nice lifted and larger tires. Hell, I'm trying to get him to "let" me go do some offroading. He doesn't want me to break anything :CWL:
This would be my only badge of honor

TeamADW+BOH+Gravel+Road.jpg

JLJS74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4DR JL
Living near Chicago, its sad that there are none of these somewhat close...

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Living near Chicago, its sad that there are none of these somewhat close...
Agree 100%.

I did Badlands in Attica, IN a few months ago, and one of these days I'll go up to the little offroad park in McHenry. But I'm slowly indoctrinating my wife into Jeeping by watching a zillion Lite Brite, Trail Recon, etc, videos all the time, and she's starting to give me the "hey, that looks fun..." Maybe some weekend trips to IN or MI are not out of the question, and she's always wanted to road trip out west.... :devil:

Sponsored

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I swear our wives must be sisters. My wife loves the skinny pedal, scares me sometimes. Always bugging me for a Hemi swap, and is already talking about 1 tons and 40’s on her new Gladiator. Girl is gonna be the death of me.
YEAH! 40s and Dana 60s. Now your talking.