Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Are there any products you would recommend for cleaning leather seats? I’ve seen Armor-All wipes, but I’ve heard those things dry out whatever they’re cleaning (vinyl, rubber, leather).

Reason: after a week on the beach with my wife and 2 year old son, I’ve come to realize I should have spent $30 on a set of Walmart seat covers. Instead, I bitched and complained and blew it off. Duly noted for next time. We’ve been here since Sunday, and so far, they’ve managed to get sunscreen, deodorant, sand, ocean water (maybe just the salt) and fruit juice spatter on my seats. Normally, I’d be super pissed but this was on me, as this was my oversight. My Rubi is getting a
Full clean when we get home.

So, what’s the easiest way to clean leather interior without damaging it? Not looking for show and shine, just simple and effective. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Griots makes a nice interior cleaner that is safe for leather. Leaves no signs of film or grease behind. I can’t stand a slimy or slick surface. Only thing inside that I dont use it ok is the gauge cluster and screen.

Last edited:

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Adams has some really good stuff actually! Paid for a mystery box recently and it had cleaner and conditioner and a pad , and I was actually very very surprised at the outcome! Very great stuff and it smells good too! And it doesn’t leave you slipping all around in your seats either.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any products you would recommend for cleaning leather seats? I’ve seen Armor-All wipes, but I’ve heard those things dry out whatever they’re cleaning (vinyl, rubber, leather).

Reason: after a week on the beach with my wife and 2 year old son, I’ve come to realize I should have spent $30 on a set of Walmart seat covers. Instead, I bitched and complained and blew it off. Duly noted for next time. We’ve been here since Sunday, and so far, they’ve managed to get sunscreen, deodorant, sand, ocean water (maybe just the salt) and fruit juice spatter on my seats. Normally, I’d be super pissed but this was on me, as this was my oversight. My Rubi is getting a
Full clean when we get home.

So, what’s the easiest way to clean leather interior without damaging it? Not looking for show and shine, just simple and effective. Thanks in advance!
I understand you're asking about a way to clean & not a 'what to use,' but maybe some ideas here.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...oner-cleaner-are-you-using.18829/#post-460765

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eather-seats-for-cleaning-conditioning.21472/

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tend to stick with 303 products lately. Keep in mind the finished leather/vinyl in the Jeep doesn't require the same care as "real" leather. A lot of the products people will suggest aren't meant for finished leather that's in the Jeep. It won't hurt it, it just isn't necessary or even beneficial.

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/303-Leather-...erospace+303&qid=1564777504&s=gateway&sr=8-11

303 leaves the surface feeling slicker but not greasy. Tends to act sort of like a wax in that it is easier to clean if you keep up a coat of 303. TBH, the nice thing about finished leather is that it isn't picky about what you use to clean it.

Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I tend to stick with 303 products lately. Keep in mind the finished leather/vinyl in the Jeep doesn't require the same care as "real" leather. A lot of the products people will suggest aren't meant for finished leather that's in the Jeep. It won't hurt it, it just isn't necessary or even beneficial.

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/303-Leather-...erospace+303&qid=1564777504&s=gateway&sr=8-11

303 leaves the surface feeling slicker but not greasy. Tends to act sort of like a wax in that it is easier to clean if you keep up a coat of 303. TBH, the nice thing about finished leather is that it isn't picky about what you use to clean it.

I also use 303 on finished leather, this is what you should use.

Real leather find a high quality human hand lotion and go to town.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Griots interior or leather cleaner is great stuff or sonax leather/alcantara cleaner. I use both. All my interior is coated with Cquartz leather coating so it’s real easy to clean

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
I use saddle soap to clean and Lexol for the conditioning. Vacuum and use an old tooth brush to remove sand from the seams.

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
Zaino Leather in a bottle. Only thing I used on my Porsche. I use it on my wife's Cherokee as well. Wipe it on & let it dry..no buffing and it leaves a nice leather smell!

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I use CarPro Inside and a Colourblock leather/ textile brush if I need to agitate a soiled area.

Sponsored

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I use to get crucified on detailing forums by the "experts" for this, but - it worked. Get a clean - let's say new, spray bottle, 20 oz distilled water, 1 oz of Woolite. Mix well and use. It cleans great and remember, most vehicle leather is coated anyway with a clear coat like your paint.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Every Vehicle I own has light colored seats Tan in the Jeep,BMW,Chevy 2500 light grey and Tesla White.
I use Dawn Dishwashing soap (Non BLEACH) I use a lent free cloth add a fair amount of Dawn add water lather up my seats and use another damp cloth to remove soap and then I condition I have used this method on my vehicles for years and they all look great. Dawn is good for your hands. But I always condition ofterwards. I can do the complete vehicle in 10m.

1 year old seats daily driver JLUR
IMG_0328.JPG

DSC_0258.JPG
Sponsored