Sponsored

Coments, Pictures and Videos from Badge of Honor Trails.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Hot Springs is fun. For a good challenge, before descending the hill on Rubicon Ridge, take the trail to the left, Baileys Boulders.

CA9A2A90-B65A-4C5F-A08A-45E18304784A.jpeg

Or, Ingrid’s Revenge

3853DDD6-F5A5-4167-B570-8FEEEBC6458F.jpeg

No honor badges for these though.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hot Springs is fun. For a good challenge, before descending the hill on Rubicon Ridge, take the trail to the left, Baileys Boulders.

CA9A2A90-B65A-4C5F-A08A-45E18304784A.jpeg

Or, Ingrid’s Revenge

3853DDD6-F5A5-4167-B570-8FEEEBC6458F.jpeg

No honor badges for these though.
I saw those. Nope. I’m good. :)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In all honesty, until I get a better suspension under my JL, I won’t be doing those either. I’ve done it on 35’s, but had a real suspension.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Keep in mind that these trails run from easy to difficult. And many of the ones with difficult sections (like the Rubicon Trail) have bypasses on the most difficult sections. Research each one first, but a stock sport should be able to complete at least some of the trails that are mild to moderate.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Keep in mind that these trails run from easy to difficult. And many of the ones with difficult sections (like the Rubicon Trail) have bypasses on the most difficult sections. Research each one first, but a stock sport should be able to complete at least some of the trails that are mild to moderate.
I was referring specifically to Baileys Boulders that @UKCATS mentioned. I saw it while I was there. It’s not anything that appeals to me. It requires a heavily modified Jeep, a very skilled driver with little regard for self preservation, a disregard for keeping said Jeep damage free, gigantic balls and a tiny brain, and some luck. None of which describes me. Lol.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was referring specifically to Baileys Boulders that @UKCATS mentioned. I saw it while I was there. It’s not anything that appeals to me. It requires a heavily modified Jeep, a very skilled driver with little regard for self preservation, a disregard for keeping said Jeep damage free, gigantic balls and a tiny brain, and some luck. None of which describes me. Lol.
Tiny brain? My brain is huuuuge, That’s why my head is so large, lol. A lot of you guys (not all) that do easy trails now, will get bored eventually, become more confident in your rig and skills, and will start experimenting with the more challenging stuff. It’s the natural progression.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We have a bunch of pics from 4 different badge trails (i ran 3 of them and shotgun on the 4th). The best part to me has been meeting new guys and seeing new places. Places you can’t see without going off-road. To me that has nothing to do with how hard the trail is.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have a bunch of pics from 4 different badge trails (i ran 3 of them and shotgun on the 4th). The best part to me has been meeting new guys and seeing new places. Places you can’t see without going off-road. To me that has nothing to do with how hard the trail is.
Plus the on road shenanigans when a person, who shall remain nameless, runs over a speed limit sign in the middle of the road and gets yelled at by Barney Fife.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Tiny brain? My brain is huuuuge, That’s why my head is so large, lol. A lot of you guys (not all) that do easy trails now, will get bored eventually, become more confident in your rig and skills, and will start experimenting with the more challenging stuff. It’s the natural progression.
My wife had never off roaded a Jeep. I put her in the driver seat in Windrock and it is all over but the crying. I have to temper her and say things like its called rock crawling not rock jumping. The harder the obstacle, the more she wants to try it. She is all in. I did not even get a chance to run the hard stuff at Drummond Island because I could not get her out of the driver seat.

On a good note she is like we need hydro assist steering and wants to re gear and she wants 40s...... and the llst goes on and on. I had to tell her. It is my Jeep, I do get to drive sometimes other that to the trail and home from the trail. .lol

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We also did the three badge of Honor Trails in Windrock back in June. I rained some, so that made it interesting. There was a lot of water.

Panter Rock Trail #51. I would suggest going clockwise on this loop trail. We went counter clockwise and It had a spot we had to winch up with 37s. Maybe if it was not wet, we could have got up, but it would have been easier to to go down it. It was a quick winching, but it was something we could have easily done going the other direction. There was many nice waterfalls along this trail. Even one you could easily get to walk under.
20190622_163633.jpg
20190622_170733.jpg
20190622_172410.jpg

Trail 16 was the hardest and it is amazing that we did not get any body damage. It was wet and there was sliding down hill on this trail while it is wet. Sorry no pics of this as I was in full concentration mode. My wife may have some on her phone, Maybe I will update it after I check.

Trail 26 was easy, there was one rock shelf to drop off and other that than it was easy. The rock shelf could be bypassed by staying way to the left on the trail for the most part.
20190622_111608.jpg
20190622_111719.jpg
20190622_112829.jpg

In our group there was a JKUR on 35s an stock JLUR and my JLUR on 37s. The stock JLUR was able to go everywhere but with some scraping and he had to bump it in some spots. We also did Nemo's Tunnel, but that is for a different thread.

Trail 16 was the hardest. I think it was best going from the top down. Lucky we did not run into any traffic coming the other way.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My wife had never off roaded a Jeep. I put her in the driver seat in Windrock and it is all over but the crying. I have to temper her and say things like its called rock crawling not rock jumping. The harder the obstacle, the more she wants to try it. She is all in. I did not even get a chance to run the hard stuff at Drummond Island because I could not get her out of the driver seat.

On a good note she is like we need hydro assist steering and wants to re gear and she wants 40s...... and the llst goes on and on. I had to tell her. It is my Jeep, I do get to drive sometimes other that to the trail and home from the trail. .lol
I swear our wives must be sisters. My wife loves the skinny pedal, scares me sometimes. Always bugging me for a Hemi swap, and is already talking about 1 tons and 40’s on her new Gladiator. Girl is gonna be the death of me.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just so I’m not misunderstood, nothing wrong with just running easy, scenic trails. I quite enjoy running scenic stuff in Colorado and Moab. The important thing is to get out and enjoy it. However, I do like a good challenge every now and then.
Sponsored