Rubicon now requires upgraded wheels?

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
You guys are talking about the configurator the dealers have access too right not the website?
Correct. The website is still set up for configuring 2019's but Jeep is currently only doing custom orders. The dealer system for placing custom orders currently requires the upgraded wheels to configure a custom 2020 order.
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Need someone to confirm this, i plan on ordering in 10 days, and this is not good for me.
I can confirm. My dealer is Criswell, they are one of the largest volume dealers for this forum and the manager verified it yesterday. Don't know when/if it will change back. By the time you order in 10 days it might not require the update anymore but there's no way to know.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
That's some BS, i was going to order in 10 days after my vacation, this better resolve.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I can confirm. My dealer is Criswell, they are one of the largest volume dealers for this forum and the manager verified it yesterday. Don't know when/if it will change back. By the time you order in 10 days it might not require the update anymore but there's no way to know.
My dealer is Criswell too.

What did you end up doing?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Nope. Had to pay extra. Worst is that I like the stock wheels much better.
I’m with you. I like the regular wheels better. In fact, if need be, I would pay extra to NOT have the silver ring! LOL!!!! Just all comes down to personal preference.

Doesn’t matter much anyway if you get bigger tires. Even 35’s need wider wheels than the 7.5” on the Rubicon’s. You can run them, but 7.5” width wheels will void your 35” and 37” tire warranties.

Sponsored

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
My dealer is Criswell too.

What did you end up doing?
Waiting. I'll give it a few days. If it's still required by end of next week, I'll just order the upgrade. No choice

OP
OP

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
yes, $995. I'm starting to lean towards getting the upgraded wheels because of this jeep posted in the Sting Gray thread. I love the old school army look. I'm ordering dual tops and a black mesh bikini top anyway. So if i get the softop in tan I can have the body color hardtop, go nude with the bikini top and then have a completely different look with the tan soft top. Not sure how it would look with the standard wheels but it looks great to me as-is with upgraded wheels.

tan top.jpg

tan top 2.jpg

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'd like a polished wheel without black paint. I guess I could always find upgraded sahara takeoffs, those look kinda cool.

Sponsored

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
This is the kind of crap that really turns me off to ordering or buying a Jeep. I already think they nickel and dime you with some of their option packages. A few hundred here and there to add items that come standard on many sub-30K vehicles is sorry to if you ask me with the asking price of these to begin with.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. The website is still set up for configuring 2019's but Jeep is currently only doing custom orders. The dealer system for placing custom orders currently requires the upgraded wheels to configure a custom 2020 order.
Uggg such bad news, been waiting on the 8.4” and advanced cruise control which might be fixed by the 15th and now this, I already have my order in for fuel Anza wheels, don’t want to waste 900 on rims I am going to dump on Craigslist for 100 each

JLRubi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited
You guys are talking about the configurator the dealers have access too right not the website?
Yeah, this is coming right from the dealer's system. I was at the dealer a couple weeks ago and you didn't have to order the upgraded ones.

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
This stinks, I don't like the upgraded wheels, I guess not only am I waiting for the 8.4 & advanced safety feature to be resolved, now I'm waiting on wheels too before I place my 2020 order.

gwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The dealer called me Thursday also when building my order. He said that all Rubicons require the $995 wheels even on sold orders. I like the standard better so I guess I'll wait it out a few weeks and see.
Sponsored