Sponsored

Rear driver side seat belt buckle placement?

johnnytaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ
First time post but have been lurking for awhile. Got my JL Sahara a few days ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Coming from a 2008 Lexus GS and 2003 Wrangler TJ Sport, this is the best of both worlds, well sorta. :)

My JL Sahara's back seat driver side seat belt buckle (receiver part) was jammed under the seat but I didn't notice until I got home from the dealer. I pulled it out and think I have it in the right spot but I'm not sure. It looks weird. Can someone take a picture of it with the seat up and also down (while lifting the little cover)? Just want to be sure I have it right and it's safe for back seat passengers.

with seat up. notice where belt comes up from the side of the seat and the bungee-type cord. should the belt be coming from the back of the seat, not side?
UtefE28QtmXxLHKGLcJJt1rhqKlbceoy0MqjBiWgBjwTFz4YNs8ACZNGP4U-582ofY0MIPAmyXdNhI2n9=w2351-h1322-no.jpg

with seat down, lifting panel up. belt is between the seats.
tF5TucbG52XCxSVrTWCHurPB9JSFX5jR-3QLUC_R0CYCbnJ9gHS_b4emwrDb-xkv5SdRLdIj_Xl-hezSl=w2351-h1322-no.jpg

another view with the seat up. wondering if i somehow need to redirect the belt to that blank space.
nHyW2ga98-GoFOmgZd3ZHHUDuNNCdDxa3tIBSiMQtK9jS0a_w5EISOdYPJT41OuH0rWSdbyBrRG9QJvMUK=w744-h1322-no.jpg

Thanks in advance.
jt
Sponsored

Curtman1962

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler JL, '13 Accord Coupe
Occupation
GM
I would like to know the same. What the heck is the elastic for?

Jeeper123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL turbo
First time post but have been lurking for awhile. Got my JL Sahara a few days ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Coming from a 2008 Lexus GS and 2003 Wrangler TJ Sport, this is the best of both worlds, well sorta. :)

My JL Sahara's back seat driver side seat belt buckle (receiver part) was jammed under the seat but I didn't notice until I got home from the dealer. I pulled it out and think I have it in the right spot but I'm not sure. It looks weird. Can someone take a picture of it with the seat up and also down (while lifting the little cover)? Just want to be sure I have it right and it's safe for back seat passengers.

with seat up. notice where belt comes up from the side of the seat and the bungee-type cord. should the belt be coming from the back of the seat, not side?
UtefE28QtmXxLHKGLcJJt1rhqKlbceoy0MqjBiWgBjwTFz4YNs8ACZNGP4U-582ofY0MIPAmyXdNhI2n9=w2351-h1322-no.jpg

with seat down, lifting panel up. belt is between the seats.
tF5TucbG52XCxSVrTWCHurPB9JSFX5jR-3QLUC_R0CYCbnJ9gHS_b4emwrDb-xkv5SdRLdIj_Xl-hezSl=w2351-h1322-no.jpg

another view with the seat up. wondering if i somehow need to redirect the belt to that blank space.
nHyW2ga98-GoFOmgZd3ZHHUDuNNCdDxa3tIBSiMQtK9jS0a_w5EISOdYPJT41OuH0rWSdbyBrRG9QJvMUK=w744-h1322-no.jpg

Thanks in advance.
jt
Hey there,

I just saw your initial post about this seat belt latch bungee cord, as I was searching for the same thing. I took a deep look at the issue and found it has a hook on the opossite end of the bungee that was hooked to the bottom side of the seat metal frame. It took me about 5 min to reroute the bungee and hook the the side nearest the seatbelt latch. It seams to work fine with a little more give.

I will update if I encounter any issues. I hope this helps.

ltivarovsky

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JL)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So, did you find out what it's for?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Mine is attached the same. In fact it is in a terrible spot that actually keeps the rear driver's side sear from laying down flat when folded forward. I don't get it all. Like, at all.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I think the bungee is there to keep it in place. This way if you get a rear passenger and they prefer a belt you don’t have to search through the abyss for it.