Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I am tentatively planning on a Uwharrie trip on Saturday Morning with Mike @obwahn, Anyone else interested?
I really want to not like this since we seem to never hook up :)
Sponsored

sgbrown25

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S - Sting Gray, 2013 WK2 Grand Cherokee
I've been lurking for a while, thought I would go ahead and check in. 2019 JLU Sport S - Sting Gray. Here she is at Freeman Park (Carolina Beach) last weekend. Not many mods yet, but in the market for Rubicon takeoff wheels/tries and suspension. Glad to be a part of the Jeep community.

IMG_3018.JPG

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've been lurking for a while, thought I would go ahead and check in. 2019 JLU Sport S - Sting Gray. Here she is at Freeman Park (Carolina Beach) last weekend. Not many mods yet, but in the market for Rubicon takeoff wheels/tries and suspension. Glad to be a part of the Jeep community.

IMG_3018.JPG
Welcome!
I thought they were restricting access to Freeman Beach? I heard if you had a pass already you could go but they were not giving out new passes and limiting daily access to allow the beach to recoup. We have a pass for the beach down by the aquarium but you can't camp there.

sgbrown25

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S - Sting Gray, 2013 WK2 Grand Cherokee
Welcome!
I thought they were restricting access to Freeman Beach? I heard if you had a pass already you could go but they were not giving out new passes and limiting daily access to allow the beach to recoup. We have a pass for the beach down by the aquarium but you can't camp there.
You're correct, they're only allowing daily access to folks who already have season passes or those who have purchased a campsite reservation (which is what we did). Restrictions seem to have really reduced the amount of traffic out there, which means fewer "squatted" trucks tearing up and down the beach.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am tentatively planning on a Uwharrie trip on Saturday Morning with Mike @obwahn, Anyone else interested?
Looks like we have 5-6 going down on Saturday morning. Message @Sean L or me if anyone is interested.

Sorry @mgroeger Saturday working better for our schedule than Sunday this time.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can always tell your wife “you’re on your own this weekend” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LOL, I can't, she needs my help to set up a wedding that our flower shop is doing and I also have a show on Saturday night for an improv group I am part of.

I did have @EagleJL reach out to me and he might be my friend on Sunday because you jerks, er I mean, fellow NC'rs won't.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in Raleigh or surrounding area that is running 37s on their Rubicon. Would love to see in person before I decide lift/tire size.

Thanks,

Kevin
I just happen to be visiting the area and have 37's and the Mopar 2" lift on my 2dr. I'm staying in High Point. PM me if you wanna try and see her.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
I just happen to be visiting the area and have 37's and the Mopar 2" lift on my 2dr. I'm staying in High Point. PM me if you wanna try and see her.
I appreciate it obwahn. Heading up to the mountains this weekend and will likely stop by Rubitrux to check out a few in Boone.

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Looking forward to Sunday! This will be the first time with this Jeep. Maybe we can all go on a Saturday sometime.

LKNOJ

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Noob question here. For a first trip out to Uwharrie, what are the “must haves” for extra gear? Tow straps, air compressor, CB radio, etc....? I plan to gear up gradually over time (as budget allows) and eventually get a winch, etc... but looking for advice on what to make sure to have before venturing out on the maiden voyage.
Sponsored