Sponsored

New TSB JL 2018 2019: Vehicle wanders requires constant small steering corrections - New Track Bar

Darkcanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I dropped mine off this morning for this fix. Will report back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi all, this HELPED a lot for me. Brought to my dealer with SB number on my hands. He checked the build date and voila'. 2019 Jl 2 doors here built in NOV 18. It is 90% better with the new track bar + alignment
What did they set your toe-in to?

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Hi all, this HELPED a lot for me. Brought to my dealer with SB number on my hands. He checked the build date and voila'. 2019 Jl 2 doors here built in NOV 18. It is 90% better with the new track bar + alignment
What dealer in CT are you using? Mine had no clue at the onset even though I had JeepCares involved. I had to push to get them to replace the track bar and to update software. They did replace my stabilizer with little issue.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
What dealer in CT are you using? Mine had no clue at the onset even though I had JeepCares involved. I had to push to get them to replace the track bar and to update software. They did replace my stabilizer with little issue.
I brought it to Falveys in Norwich. Spoke with the owner. He was happy to help.

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - There are only two alignment adjustments on a JL - toe and steering wheel center. Adjusting aster requires longer or adjustable LCAs. Camber is not adjustable.
They did a wheel alignment

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Put my Jeep in the shop on Monday for this TSB. As others have said, I think it has helped quite a bit with the problem. You can see from the below photo of my alignment that the right front toe was out of spec before the work...by quite a bit. All the other numbers were in line. That would have played a major factor in the wandering...right?
upload_2019-7-31_6-17-7.png

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped mine off yesterday, they ordered a a new trackbar and steering stabilizer for me. I'll update once that is complete.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped mine off yesterday, they ordered a a new trackbar and steering stabilizer for me. I'll update once that is complete.
Considering I've replaced these two components and it still wanders....your wasting your time. Good Luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Put my Jeep in the shop on Monday for this TSB. As others have said, I think it has helped quite a bit with the problem. You can see from the below photo of my alignment that the right front toe was out of spec before the work...by quite a bit. All the other numbers were in line. That would have played a major factor in the wandering...right?
upload_2019-7-31_6-17-7.png
Did it wander equally right and left, or was it wandering more to one side? If one side, which side?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Considering I've replaced these two components and it still wanders....your wasting your time. Good Luck.
Its part of the TSB, and I won't know how well it works until they actually do it. so not a waste of my time.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Did it wander equally right and left, or was it wandering more to one side? If one side, which side?
It was about the same both directions...actually...it wandered all over the damn place! LOL This is (mostly) my first Jeep so am not sure where the line between "a Jeep Thing" and issue really lies. My girlfriend's 2000 TJ is a completely different beast...because it has 180k. It drives crappy all the time. I tease my g/f that driving her Jeep is like Jim Carey driving the Land Rover in "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective".

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had the TSB done yesterday and it didn't help for me. Might even be a little worse. I am taking it to my mechanic to have him look it over and do an alignment as the steering wheel is off center now. More later.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Its part of the TSB, and I won't know how well it works until they actually do it. so not a waste of my time.
Some people have reported success, and some say no difference with the new trackbar. So it will depend on each individual case. A few in the other steering threads said the new AE steering box fixed everything.
Sponsored