Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
So I’ve got a Punk’n Gladiator ordered and I wanted to ask you guys (since you’re in the best position to know): is there any actual metal flake in Punk’n?

I love the color. Wouldn’t have ordered it otherwise. But I’ve yet to detect the supposed metal content in any Punk’n Jeeps I’ve seen. What gives? Is it just only visible under super specific lighting conditions?
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
So I’ve got a Punk’n Gladiator ordered and I wanted to ask you guys (since you’re in the best position to know): is there any actual metal flake in Punk’n?

I love the color. Wouldn’t have ordered it otherwise. But I’ve yet to detect the supposed metal content in any Punk’n Jeeps I’ve seen. What gives? Is it just only visible under super specific lighting conditions?
I read that the paint has small glass flakes and not metal flakes. It looks flat to me, which I prefer. Love this color.

Chrissalexx

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punkn’ JLUR 2.0 ESS
After hours of lurking through the thread, I have yet to find the picture(s) I am looking for: a NAKED (topless and doors off) Punk'n orange with tan leather. If anyone can post or link pictures of this combo, I'll be eternally grateful!

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Did some light off-roading on dirt and sand. Had zero issues but had to do a lot of cleaning! :giggle:

1.png
2.jpg
3.png

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger

Yes 100% it does. It took weeks before I could see it but at just the right angel in the sun you can see it. It's more like a pearl effect than a metallic.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yes 100% it does. It took weeks before I could see it but at just the right angel in the sun you can see it. It's more like a pearl effect than a metallic.
It's more glass flakes in the clear coat than metal flakes or pearl.

Sponsored

Buckeyedave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Last Halloween was quite warm actually, but I do have a Jack skellington decal I made for the hood.
It goes on for Oct/Nov. Drove it into work like this this morning and it was only 52 degrees out, wasn't cold at all, did have my hoody up though
I am getting full size skeleton pirates to sit in the seats for Halloween, a fog machine, cob webs.
My jeep will be apart of my Halloween décor this year lol, just for trick or treaters lol
You will have to post some pics when you do. I go crazy at my house with Halloween, and would love to see what you do. I was planning on putting a fake xmas tree on top of my Jeep after Thanksgiving with lights, and plugging them in inside the Jeep while driving any where.

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
Ooooooooo...more photos, please. Did you have it done at a body shop?
Yes I got it done at a body shop in Toronto. It was $350 Canadian for it... only took 2 days. Looks much better in person but I'm super happy with it, much better than the lame grey in my opinion.

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_6593.JPG

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Yes I got it done at a body shop in Toronto. It was $350 Canadian for it... only took 2 days. Looks much better in person but I'm super happy with it, much better than the lame grey in my opinion.

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_6593.JPG
Thanks. I think that looks fantastic! Love it.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

As others have responded, there are actually flakes of glass in the Punk'n color. This particular color took 6-8 months to develop. Here's an interesting article on this topic... https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...r-offers-a-color-thats-a-treat-for-halloween/
Sponsored