First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
@mpk1970
@rlaracue

*After seeing this (and I wasn’t even in the market for an exhaust system) I might pull the trigger LOL
Maybe I'm stupid but I can't tell the difference between any number of the different exhausts out there from a YouTube video.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
You must listen wise cricket. Pump up the volume.
Doesn't matter I'm not in the market for any exhaust mods at the moment but if I was the dual out back is a little too sporty for my taste on something that is supposed to be a off road vehicle. Maybe dual out the sides tucked up behind each rear tire but I haven't seen anything like that available.

OP
OP

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
@mpk1970
@rlaracue

*After seeing this (and I wasn’t even in the market for an exhaust system) I might pull the trigger LOL
Well I'll let you know how my Borla Cat Back S type sounds. When I was in market for new Charger Scat Pack, I kept seeing tremendous results with Borla Atak....that led me back to Borla....far less complaints vs. others it seemed

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Borla makes high quality stuff. Everything I have heard it’s product on sounded good. The problem is, the 3.6 doesn’t sound good with any aftermarket exhaust.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@mpk1970
@rlaracue

That is a great axle back. The only issue I have see with it is paint flaking off the pipes. Borla will replace it should it happen and they are aware of it.

OP
OP

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
That is a great axle back. The only issue I have see with it is paint flaking off the pipes. Borla will replace it should it happen and they are aware of it.
Forgot to mention, that is another problem I saw with ALL the black painted Axle Backs, seems like either corrosion or paint issues.
That made the Cat Back easier decision for me

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Forgot to mention, that is another problem I saw with ALL the black painted Axle Backs, seems like either corrosion or paint issues.
That made the Cat Back easier decision for me

Good choice!

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you don't plan on doing any hardcore offroading/crawling, our MF series catbacks/axlebacks should be perfect for you! These offer the deep refined sound we are known for while maintaining interior comfort and stock-like volume under light throttle conditions. If we can answer any questions about our MF-series kits, please PM or call us at 1-800-990-0905!

I just installed the Magnaflow Rock Crawler on my 2-door Rubi on Saturday. I'm very happy with it! The install was very straight forward, and I had no fitment issues that others have had. The most difficult part was getting the stock muffler off the exhaust mounts (was working without an exhaust removal tool haha). The install took me less under 2 hours from start to finish.

After the install, when I first started it up, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping it would be a little louder. I was wanting something pretty aggressive sounding. However, after driving it bit, I've grown to like it. As we all know, the 3.6L performs best at over 2,000 RPMs. The same with this exhaust. Its fairly timid when it starts to purr, but after the engine gets under load and hits 2,000 RPM and over, it really comes to life.

Regarding the clearance, it tucks up really nice and high. You cant see it at all actually unless you get under the Jeep. Really happy with it. Thanks @Magnaflow !
Thanks for choosing MF for your Jeep! We're happy to hear that you are loving the new sound. One thing to keep in mind-our mufflers take about 1k miles of driving before the packing material is fully heat cycled. During this time you will experience an increase in the overall volume.

Sponsored

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
i went with the Gibson single exit in stainless. not too loud very little drone and perfect tone for me. can also get the tip in the black ceramic coating finish. Very easy and straight forward install. im pleased with it @gibson

grrnmo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 Door (2.0l)
Occupation
Teacher - Computer Systems
Can anyone "in the know" here clarify simply...will an axle-back exhaust designed for the 3.6l fit the 2.0l turbo? I seem to see people who say they installed 3.6 systems on their turbo 4cyl JLs (mine is a 2-door), but I don't want to order a whole system only to find it won't fit.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can anyone "in the know" here clarify simply...will an axle-back exhaust designed for the 3.6l fit the 2.0l turbo? I seem to see people who say they installed 3.6 systems on their turbo 4cyl JLs (mine is a 2-door), but I don't want to order a whole system only to find it won't fit.
It all depends on the manufacturer. Our axlebacks fit both the 2.0L and the 3.6L while the catbacks have unique part numbers. Other brands' product line may be set up differently. We would recommend checking the fitment details from the specific manufacturer before purchasing anything to be sure!

grrnmo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 Door (2.0l)
Occupation
Teacher - Computer Systems
It all depends on the manufacturer. Our axlebacks fit both the 2.0L and the 3.6L while the catbacks have unique part numbers. Other brands' product line may be set up differently. We would recommend checking the fitment details from the specific manufacturer before purchasing anything to be sure!
Well I've got the Rock Crawler arriving tomorrow, so...let's see how it goes ;)
Sponsored