Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've been keeping the rear seat of the JL in my office since right after I bought it. The other day I found my cat decided to make the seat her new favorite sleeping spot (I really need to buy a bag for it). This comes right after a trip home where I had relatives wanting to go places with me and room for one or two more would've been nice (first time years). So I put the back seat into the Jeep and life was good, until I decided to remove the freedom panels when I already had my top and doors off. I got the panels in the bag, folded and tumbled the rear seat just to find out that the back of the Jeep is not big enough to hold the freedom panels flat when the seat is there! Is this right or did I do something wrong?

I was short by what seemed like an inch or less. I ended up standing the tops vertically behind the rear seat with them strapped to the rear seat head rests, and it worked fine, it just seemed like it was such a close fit that maybe I got something slightly wrong. I was trying to stay just ahead of a group of 14 so I was rushing a bit.

EDIT: as I typed this it occurred to me, I might have had enough room to rotate the bag 90 degrees, that might fit... gotta try it when I get home tonight.
I don't believe the panels were intended to lie flat in back (they may fit with some fudging). They were meant to be stuffed in the bag & strapped vertically behind the front seats, just the way you described. Like you, I immediately removed the rear seat & stored it away, but I don't travel with the panels... once they're off, they stay behind.

The seat fits nicely in these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KKNOOJ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q98YPBM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
In the JLU the bag is designed to attach to the back side of the back seat. Check your OM, it may be the same in the 2 door.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I've been keeping the rear seat of the JL in my office since right after I bought it. The other day I found my cat decided to make the seat her new favorite sleeping spot (I really need to buy a bag for it). This comes right after a trip home where I had relatives wanting to go places with me and room for one or two more would've been nice (first time years). So I put the back seat into the Jeep and life was good, until I decided to remove the freedom panels when I already had my top and doors off. I got the panels in the bag, folded and tumbled the rear seat just to find out that the back of the Jeep is not big enough to hold the freedom panels flat when the seat is there! Is this right or did I do something wrong?

I was short by what seemed like an inch or less. I ended up standing the tops vertically behind the rear seat with them strapped to the rear seat head rests, and it worked fine, it just seemed like it was such a close fit that maybe I got something slightly wrong. I was trying to stay just ahead of a group of 14 so I was rushing a bit.

EDIT: as I typed this it occurred to me, I might have had enough room to rotate the bag 90 degrees, that might fit... gotta try it when I get home tonight.
What? No picture of the sleeping cat:(

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
If you hard top guys invest in a Bestop "Sunrider" top and leave your panels behind with no worries! A bit of $$$ but best you'll ever spend if leaving your HT on!! Panel storage... Bag 'em, forget 'em and hang 'em in the garage or wherever!

I wish I'd discovered this for my JK's! I think Jeep should offer these as an option, best thing ever! Would leave it on all the time but here in NE I don't like scraping Ice and snow off! As far as cold and noise not much different that panels!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored