Sponsored

Pulled over for no doors

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
Well, I got pulled over for no doors in Pennsylvania by a local cop in my neighborhood. Not pleased at all. Was told it is illegal in Pennsylvania and next time it will be points and a hefty fine. He gave me the option of going to get my doors back on or the ticket. The cop was hard assed and looked for every infraction. Needless to say, I am afraid my days of riding doorless are one until we move. Doubt I’ll still own the Jeep by then.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Well, I got pulled over for no doors in Pennsylvania by a local cop in my neighborhood. Not pleased at all. Was told it is illegal in Pennsylvania and next time it will be points and a hefty fine. He gave me the option of going to get my doors back on or the ticket. The cop was hard assed and looked for every infraction. Needless to say, I am afraid my days of riding doorless are one until we move. Doubt I’ll still own the Jeep by then.
Get tube doors:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrassaE95

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
Did you not know it was prohibited in PA?
It wasn’t enforced. I’ve been riding around for over a year without them. And the state troopers said it was a gray area. It was a local cop that pulled me over. I see lots of jeeps here without doors.

It’s asinine that a state that allows motorcyclists to not wear helmets is worried about Jeep doors.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The law in Pa stipulates factory doors, but is open to different interpretations.
I thought I read that they were working on amending/revising this law?
I used to live in southern NJ, with their stupid laws there, also. Glad I left that area 10 years ago.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
No doors, no MC helmets, hmmmmm does seem PA kinda screwed up???

If you get MoPar tube doors don't forget to have your receipt in the glove box!

Go Jeep!!!

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just talked to someone about this. Can't remember if it was here or the other wrangler forums but he thought that law was amended last year in February. I'll see if I can find it. He actually carries a copy of it with him to prove that he can now drive with doors off. I did see that the PA State Police is going to crack down on vehicles with tires that extend beyond the fenders. I thought 1.5" past was ok but apparently it isn't and you can't get your vehicle legally inspected if the tires stick out. Here in Clearfield County there are a ton of vehicles with tires sticking out well beyond. Guy down the street has a truck with tires that stick out at least 5". Of course this is State Police, local police don't enforce it 'yet'.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would have taken the ticket and fought it voraciously, I have all the respect in the world for LEO; but I am not going to let them tell me how it’s going to be. I would have shown in court how the Wrangler is built with crash and occupant protection with and without doors and that the factory offers other doors options as well. It would get dropped and I would keep a record of the courts finding in my glove box.

That law is silly and should be removed. If motorcycles are allowed you should be allowed to do as you wish as well. It’s your life not theirs.

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I would have taken the ticket and fought it voraciously, I have all the respect in the world for LEO; but I am not going to let them tell me how it’s going to be. I would have shown in court how the Wrangler is built with crash and occupant protection with and without doors and that the factory offers other doors options as well. It would get dropped and I would keep a record of the courts finding in my glove box.

That law is silly and should be removed. If motorcycles are allowed you should be allowed to do as you wish as well. It’s your life not theirs.
You being from Texas and visiting PA might get away with it. Basically the law states that if it came with doors then it has to have doors on and not tube doors. I guess there were some old CJ's that didn't come with doors from the factory so you could drive them without doors. Probably still get pulled over and have to fight it, though. I read about someone who showed the police the old window sticker that clearly stated it didn't come with doors.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f97/pa-house-bill-976-driving-doorless-2094825.html

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pa-jeepers-be-warned-you-can-get-fined.7231/

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I’ve waved at locals and troopers alike without doors in Clarion, Elk, Forrest, and Butler Counties. No issues. My doors have been off for weeks. I think I’d have politely asked him to write the ticket if I were you. Someone needs to carry this issue to the endzone. No victim, no crime!
Sponsored