cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From experience, super clean the surface. Apply them in an area which is as dust free as possible. Use painters tape to eyeball a location, then use a leveler to make sure it’s perfect. Repeat on the opposite side with a measuring tape. When you apply them, do it one half at a time. Use a rubber scraper or similar tool to make sure it’s firmly applied. Should look great!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
From experience, super clean the surface. Apply them in an area which is as dust free as possible. Use painters tape to eyeball a location, then use a leveler to make sure it’s perfect. Repeat on the opposite side with a measuring tape. When you apply them, do it one half at a time. Use a rubber scraper or similar tool to make sure it’s firmly applied. Should look great!
Can you come do mine when they come in? I’m OCD so this will take me about 12 hours to install lol

OP
OP
Dadams20

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! That’s a big help, I’m going with the wet method to make it easier to get any bubbles out .. hope I don’t screw this up!

Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looks Great! Was it as difficult as you thought?

OP
OP
Dadams20

Dadams20

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Great! Was it as difficult as you thought?
It was a lot easier than I thought it would be .. I screwed up a bit and was still able to correct the angle and get it right , happy with the outcome !

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I got my decals for Muttley.. I only get one chance to get this right, anyone have any tips on installing?

F5F8E483-4422-48C9-9F3D-72D650A47228.jpeg
Totally dig the decals! One thing though - I assume you got them from Pixel Decals, but that's not what the thread title says...

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Spray down the application surface and vinyl, liberally.
But I’m a conservative though.. Are there any other ways to install? I don’t really want to conform. LOL

Nice user name btw haha