Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to order another set through @Discount Tire direct today and had my first poor experience with them.

Long story short: Young guy answered the phone, believe his name was Evan. He seemed to be in a hurry, rushed me when I tried to talk, didn't take my info/check my account etc. Being close to the end of the day, he was checked out clearly. He stated the tire I wanted was out of stock. I asked him to check when it would be back in. I was informed that there would be a shipment in 2 weeks. I said that would be fine, let's move ahead. I attempted to give him my information to access my account, and to my surprise, he said "before we go any further I won't enter a hold or order the tires for you. The tire is out of stock and there is nothing I can do." When I informed him that DTD has done this for me before, he said he wouldn't do it. He then made up a story about the shipment, it may not show, it may be old news etc.

So it looks like I'll be ordering elsewhere. Unfortunate being that I have had great experiences prior and have bought around 60 tires/wheels from them in past few years.
Walmart or northridge4x4 ?
Sponsored

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see a lot of non-Rubi's or 33's, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here and share my experience with my JL Sahara. I tired to hit the common themes in the thread as well.

I picked up 5 Milestar Patagonia MT in 275/70r18 with Vision Manx 398 wheels, 18x9 +18 offset (roughly 5.7in backspace). I got the whole set at a steal; $148 each for the tires, $160 each for the wheels, $1800 out the door installed. Thank you Discount Tire!!!

I was skeptical about the Pat's, but between this thread, a lot of research and reading of other reviews, I was convinced to give them a shot. In spirit of honesty, my only concern was tread life. I ran 35in Kelly Safari TSR's on my JK and projected about 50k on those, so hearing that these would net 35k ish miles worried me. But... at $148 per tire, I couldn't find a proper argument for lower tread life. My first impressions and before/after pictures are below.

Tires: I've run several sets of mud tires in the past, I knew what I was getting into when I bought an E load LT tire. That's a big jump from the squishy, and quite frankly, terrible stock Bridgestones that came on the Jeep. No knock to Bridgestone, they have some good tires, but the stock set I had were terrible. I went through 3 tires in 12 months because of punctures from road debris. Purchasing the Mopar wheel/tire replacement program when I got the Jeep was the best purchase I've ever made. They replaced all 3 at no cost, but hell, I don't want to be in the dealer every few months replacing tires. This program will carry over to the new wheels and tires. Win-Win.

Noise: Anyway, these are a significant departure from stock. Yes, they are loud. I'd say louder than most people are letting on. I am OK with that though, I like the sound of a mud tire. However, they are not obnoxiously loud and probably on par with a ko2 or Duratrac. Definitely quieter than my TSR's were.

Ride: Being an E load, they are much more stiff than stock. Even at 34psi they ride stiff. I am OK with this though, it doesn't bother me and appreciate that quality. One thing that I noticed is, there is a bit of vibration from the lugs at low speed. When you roll at idle and the first few MPH's, you can feel the lugs. That goes away at speed, comes back when you decelerate to low speeds. I don't mind it, it's actually kind of neat.

Tracking: These have a tendency to wonder if not aired properly. If they are over inflated, like any mud or aggressive tire, they will lead your Jeep to wonder. I aired down to 34, still a bit high, but corrected most of that.

MPG's: Fuel efficiency, going from a 255 to 275 series, is not significantly impacted. I've noticed about a 0.5mpg drop in fuel economy.

Speedo: Not really effected. The speedo is off by 1mph over 50mph, and about 2mph over 70 mph. Keeping in mind, I only increased the size of the tire about 1.5 inches, I was not expecting a huge difference in the speedo readings.

Looks: Badass. I've had big Jeeps in the past, and given this gal will be taking many long road trips, I did not want to go too big. Just enough to be more capable than stock and have a proper stance. I'll be adding a Rubi takeoff suspension and front spacers soon, so that will add about 1in lift and level it out. I think this tire/wheel combo is a great compliment to that look.

That it. Any questions, let me know.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice summation, give 30 psi a shot, think that's the sweet spot for my E-Rated Pats :)
And yeah, they do add some badassness!

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When you roll at idle and the first few MPH's, you can feel the lugs. That goes away at speed, comes back when you decelerate to low speeds. I don't mind it, it's actually kind of neat.
The Falkens from the factory do this too. I think it’s great.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have a wholesale account with DTD. Called and was told Pats out for who knows how long. Checked Northridge and they have plenty in stock and were cheaper than DTD. I have a set of 35s arriving today

slacker83

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I have a wholesale account with DTD. Called and was told Pats out for who knows how long. Checked Northridge and they have plenty in stock and were cheaper than DTD. I have a set of 35s arriving today
A week ago I tried to order through Discount tire and they told me it could be 6-8weeks for the 315/70/17's I wanted and that time frame wasn't definite. I ended up going to another local tire place that would match the prices but I had to pay labor, so cost me $150 more than Discount Tire but I knew when tires were going to be here.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I ordered a set of 315/70-17 (35")Milestars off Amazon at ~$160/each. They arrived about a week later. Date codes indicated all 5 were made within a month of my order. I've had them on for about 1000 miles, a lot of that offroad. They are super-quiet on the highway and hook up real well offroad so far. Have had a little bit of chunking from some of the rocky trails, but no worse than any other tire I've run offroad. I used balance beads to balance them, and they are doing wonderful so far. Best 4x4 tires I have purchased, worth every penny. I cant believe how good they are, or how little I had to pay for them.

I also weighed them, and found them several pounds lighter than all the other 35's out there. They were 8 pounds less per tire than the General Grabbers of the exact same size.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I ordered a set of 315/70-17 (35")Milestars off Amazon at ~$160/each. They arrived about a week later. Date codes indicated all 5 were made within a month of my order. I've had them on for about 1000 miles, a lot of that offroad. They are super-quiet on the highway and hook up real well offroad so far. Have had a little bit of chunking from some of the rocky trails, but no worse than any other tire I've run offroad. I used balance beads to balance them, and they are doing wonderful so far. Best 4x4 tires I have purchased, worth every penny. I cant believe how good they are, or how little I had to pay for them.

I also weighed them, and found them several pounds lighter than all the other 35's out there. They were 8 pounds less per tire than the General Grabbers of the exact same size.
For the 38s, Milestar lists 82 pounds. I weighed two sets. Both sets came in at 78 pounds. It was a pleasant surprise.

corysal

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I read through this entire thread and might've overlooked this. Will Patagonia 37x12.5x17 fit on stock rubicon wheels?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I read through this entire thread and might've overlooked this. Will Patagonia 37x12.5x17 fit on stock rubicon wheels?
It is out of spec. The wheel is too narrow which makes the tire balloon out. Many shops won't mount them but there are people who have done it. You will need wheel spacers so that you don't rub while turning.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow. killer price. when did you purchase them?

for you guys on the 35s, what psi are you running them at?
Purchase date June 9th, 2019. Total for (5) tires shipped to my door including taxes and tire disposal fees ended up being $906.

I'm running them at 30psi on the road. 8psi seems good offroad. These things are soft and squat easily.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Purchase date June 9th, 2019. Total for (5) tires shipped to my door including taxes and tire disposal fees ended up being $906.

I'm running them at 30psi on the road. 8psi seems good offroad. These things are soft and squat easily.
ah, yeah theyre not that price any more lol. nor when i was shopping a couple of weeks ago. Northridge had the best price and still does i believe.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah, yeah theyre not that price any more lol. nor when i was shopping a couple of weeks ago. Northridge had the best price and still does i believe.
I watched the price on and off for 2 months, and they usually stick with what their current price is. This seller posted 20 tires available at that price and I snagged what I needed in a heartbeat. Keep watching.

Note: The local Discount Tire declined to price-match them. Said they would lose money if they did...
Sponsored