What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
you have to get that in just the right spot i was able to look from the bottom side and see the sheet metal they slide into. ill try and get a picture of it when i get home today and repost!
Thanks!

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I'm probably too late, but check out this video, at about the 1:51 mark. I followed these steps to install my smoked side markers today!

I went the cheap and easy way out for mine, one can of lens tint for $3.00. Haven't gotten it inspected yet so not sure if it's legal, but we'll see next month I guess haha

Ceramic (2).jpeg

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please show pictures of the lights mounted? I didn’t see any good place for mine in the fender wells.

Scott
Absolutely, I have already removed everything, but again last night's effort was the mock up.

I will used automotive grade 3M double sided tape and screws. I will not used the rubber mounts either where they will make them visible from beside the Jeep (front/rear wheel wells).

More to follow

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Hmm, I can get the bungee's in but I'm having trouble getting the clips into place.
I ditched the clips and put the bungees around the 4 screws that hold the windshield. Meaning, so that the screws held the bungees, by unscrewing the screws, push the bungees in, screw the screws back in, so that the screws are going through the loop of the bungees.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Hmm, I can get the bungee's in but I'm having trouble getting the clips into place.
If you still have trouble, I can tell you that dropping the windshield is really not as much trouble as I expected. I dropped mine to make it easier to mount my 67 Designs JL Rail system on dash.

Don't believe people who tell you you need a special wiper arm removal tool... mine came off super easy with a little wiggling while pulling. Pull wiper arm caps off, pull wiper arms, undo 4 bolts with the provided Jeep wratchet, and fold down the windshield. Whole thing was <10 minutes and made the install SO much easier. Convinced now that I've done it once, I could get my time down to <5 minutes.

ds4888

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Advertising
I like it. How difficult was install? What color is that, gloss or matte black?
I used the matte black. I did it while the wheels were on my jeep. I also didn't have the best lighting and I'm pretty blind and impatient. It took a few hours, but I managed to get them on there. There were some air bubbles which I managed to shrink with a heat gun, and there are some spots that overlap, but once you take a few steps back, it looks ok. Not sure how long it'll last, but if they don't hold up I plan on having them professionally painted.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
If you still have trouble, I can tell you that dropping the windshield is really not as much trouble as I expected. I dropped mine to make it easier to mount my 67 Designs JL Rail system on dash.

Don't believe people who tell you you need a special wiper arm removal tool... mine came off super easy with a little wiggling while pulling. Pull wiper arm caps off, pull wiper arms, undo 4 bolts with the provided Jeep wratchet, and fold down the windshield. Whole thing was <10 minutes and made the install SO much easier. Convinced now that I've done it once, I could get my time down to <5 minutes.
Thanks! Damn good description

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Biggest pia ever. Idk if the sport is different but the screw is so far over you can barley get to it . I overlooked it the first try because in the video it looks like the next screw over. I had to buy new screwdriver with a longer neck. I broke the round clip the goes over the screw on the marker light bracket but it diddnt effect anything. I also had a extra screw laying around from yesterday when I got pissed off and started unscrewing stuff around that area but I couldn't figure out where the hell it goes. Moral to the story when you got a screaming toddler and crying 1 month old that you can hear from the drive way and you tell wifey " I'll just be 10min” ur bound to rush and do something stupid. I guess my modding days are over .

IMG_20190724_155439.jpg

Last edited:

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Biggest pia ever. Idk if the sport is different but the screw is so far over you can barley get to it . I overlooked it the first try because in the video it looks like the next screw over. I had to buy new screwdriver with a longer neck. I broke the round clip the goes over the screw on the marker light bracket but it diddnt effect anything. I also had a extra screw laying around from yesterday when I got pissed off and started unscrewing stuff around that area but I couldn't figure out where the hell it goes. Moral to the story when you got a screaming toddler and crying 1 month old that you can hear from the drive way and you tell wifey " I'll just be 10min” ur bound to rush and do something stupid. I guess my modding days are over .

IMG_20190724_155439.jpg
Your modding days might be over for now but once the kids get older, you'll have time to mod again.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Your modding days might be over for now but once the kids get older, you'll have time to mod again.

Maybe the wife will cut me some slack tomorrow since it's my birthday:LOL: my LED tailights and mopar gas cover came today and I still have to do the front marker light on the passenger side.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Installed my Pedal Commander. No pic of the unit itself because I mounted it behind the lower dash panel in the driver’s footwell, then connected it to the app on my phone. If I need it, it’s super easy to pull out. Only took a quick drive, but seems like City +2 or +3 will suit my driving style.

6A288E81-C2EE-4735-9F5F-E4FFC652B580.jpeg