Sponsored

Top things you DON'T like about the New JL Wrangler

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Yeah...I'm ashamed to say I was. That was just me being a stupid $h!t...
Being a stupid shit and liking stupid shit are different things bud ;)
Sponsored

RaceAir

First Name
RaceAir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki DR-Z400SM
I don't like that mechanical, off-road options are ONLY available on the feature rich (some might contend feature over-rich) Rubicon.

I was shocked at the lack of stand-alone (non-package) upgrades on the Sport model. I am a Florida lad after a 2-door off-road stripped-down ride where the doors and back seat are going to be off faster than a prom dress. In order to get the axles and gearing I want I'd have to pony up for a Rubicon. That's not going to happen. I'm fully prepared to pay for options a la carte, but these mechanical/drive-train parts are not available unless I opt for the most premium of trim levels.

For example, (while I don't like it) I understand that if one wanted LED headlamps they only come bundled with with other LED items like tail lights, fog lamps, etc. Bundling like items with like items - that I get. What baffles is why getting a different axle ratio requires one to get a vehicle with a leather wrapped steering wheel, 7" touch screen, and one-touch power windows.

Mechanical options should not be linked to creature comfort do-dads.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot
I personally hate how Jeep is trying to upsell us to a Sahara/Rubicon. The Sport comes with downgraded fenders, wheels, grills, lights, interior tech and seats.
I agree here. I could be just as happy with a Sport S, if I could get the options that I want on it. However, to get the options I want requires a Sahara. It is like half the people at Jeep see the Trees and half see the Forest, but no one sees the Trees and Forest.

I would love to have a menu of options to chose from on any model I select.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
No doubt...obviously the play on words escaped you, but that's ok...:like:
No escape there.

My cheeky response might have escaped you, however.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree here. I could be just as happy with a Sport S, if I could get the options that I want on it. However, to get the options I want requires a Sahara. It is like half the people at Jeep see the Trees and half see the Forest, but no one sees the Trees and Forest.

I would love to have a menu of options to chose from on any model I select.
If I could just pick and choose any options I want on a base, that would be great. I want the sweet big Uconnect, but I'm not moving up to an S just for the privilege of being able to option it. Among other things.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I’ll keep my complaints short. I test drove it. I loved it. I ordered it. Complaint: Having a hard time being patient waiting on delivery.. BTW, I am glad my window replacements should be less frequent do to the rock catcher being raked back 15 degrees.. why that’s a complaint is beyond me.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No escape there.

My cheeky response might have escaped you, however.
It may have, but time to call a truce and allow this thread to get on with it....

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Back to the increased length thing. I still can't believe that they had roughly 1 inch (out of the 4 extra long inches they increased the vehicle length) to play with on increasing interior space and they choose to increase rear passenger leg room over driver or rear storage space.
They should have increased the leg room in the front of the wrangler for the driver if anything as there are some tall / long legged people who do not fit in a wrangler well as it is. This would at least make a few more tall people able to comfortably drive a wrangler, and lead to more sales. How many more sales is the increased leg room in the back going to lead to?

Stupid, stupid, stupid!
The increased WHEELbase is actually so they can increase the recline of the rear seats. They stated it in an interview somewhere and I'm glad they did, because most people don't have supermodel legs. You should be grateful for your gift and maybe post a pic of those legs ;)

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The increased WHEELbase is actually so they can increase the recline of the rear seats. They stated it in an interview somewhere and I'm glad they did, because most people don't have supermodel legs. You should be grateful for your gift and maybe post a pic of those legs ;)
If that's true, then that's the stupidest reason ever. Significantly impact the off road capability of the Wrangler so REAR PASSANGERS can recline their seats!! It's not supposed t be a mall crawler people mover SUV....

Very stupid.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
If that's true, then that's the stupidest reason ever. Significantly impact the off road capability of the Wrangler so REAR PASSANGERS can recline their seats!! It's not supposed t be a mall crawler people mover SUV....

Very stupid.
The wheel base increase is because of the drive train. What @Covfefe is confused about is why the JLU is 1" longer relative to the JL. (Both were increased but by different lengths) the JLU got the extra inch to allow for more room in the back. There was a thread that went into this a little while back.
Sponsored