Wow!

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JLU Sport S 2015 Transit 250
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
Last week, we went on our annual summer vacation. This time it was down to Myrtle Beach. This was our first long distance trip in the JL. Over the winter, we had taken a short road trip (around 2 hours away) and had to keep it under 65 the whole time, otherwise it angered the death wobble gods; but that’s another story.
This was a 1300 mile round trip and I was a bit nervous; we had the track bar replaced and (2) SS replaced, but there has always been roughly an inch of play in the wheel. Would I drive 600 some odd miles and hate this thing, would it make it with no problems?
We set out, made it half way before stopping for the day (I can’t do long trips in one shot anymore!) with absolutely no problems what so ever. As we pulled into the hotel parking lot, I was curious and clicked through the menu to check mpg...I almost fell over when it showed 28.3 avg mpg!
I know it’s not completely accurate, but even if it’s close, that’s not too bad (I’m just too lazy to keep track of mpg the old fashioned way). I’m not a right lane, keep 5 below the limit driver but I also don’t run the piss out of it either. When it was needed, the throttle opened up and we got a scootin!
The rest of the trip was great, the JL was great and I’d do it again in a heartbeat. The steering was not nearly as rough on the arms as I thought it would be, still not as good as our previous JKs but I can live with it, plus it gave me something to do while driving!
The gas mileage is what floored me. It will usually average around 23 mpg during our normal driving (per the computer, using 87 octane). Pulling in the driveway at home after the trip, I looked down and saw 30.2! I wish I’d have taken a picture.
The 2.0 is just awesome! More than enough power, awesome low end torque and very, very good gas mileage.
I just had to share this, thanks for reading!
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Plan on going to Myrtle sometime, so anything you can tell me about would be much appreciated

OP
OP
Mojito Sport

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
That's pretty impressive fuel mileage. How did you enjoy Myrtle Beach?
Absolutely loved it! We’ve never been to Myrtle but definitely plan on coming back! The atmosphere, the people and the traffic were all just wonderful. My only regret was not being able to stay longer

OP
OP
Mojito Sport

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
Plan on going to Myrtle sometime, so anything you can tell me about would be much appreciated
Just enjoy it, would be my advice. We are not people who go out and party, we just like having a laid back vacation so we didn’t do much except enjoy the beach. I will tell you, I am very impressed by how well the traffic flows down there. Even a busy stretch of highway is a breeze to get through.
Sponsored