Sponsored

end of 2019 orders and start of 2020?

gwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
First time poster, so forgive me if this is in the incorrect spot.

I tried to special order a JL Rubicon today. The dealer told me that currently if I want the 3.6 liter engine, it needs to be paired to a stick shift. Does anyone have any intel on why this may be? The order guide I looked at here said I could get cylinder and an automatic tranny
I'm in the same boat. I asked Dillon in Idaho for a quote and was told that they can't price one because I want a 3.6 and automatic.
Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm in the same boat. I asked Dillon in Idaho for a quote and was told that they can't price one because I want a 3.6 and automatic.
Jeep Customer Care told me something along the lines of “not all of the ordering options are available for the entire month” and that they “anticipate that engine/transmission configuration to be available around the second week of August”

Seems pretty dumb.

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Jeep Customer Care told me something along the lines of “not all of the ordering options are available for the entire month” and that they “anticipate that engine/transmission configuration to be available around the second week of August”

Seems pretty dumb.
That sounds like a pre-chewed answer. Makes no sense to me...

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Unless they’re REALLY trying to push the 2.0 and they need to keep 3.6 orders low.

Order banks have been open since June, how could their still be glitches in the system?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

Seems pretty dumb.
This is very common. FCA regularly limits allotment. They often do it to keep production flowing/not run out of parts.

Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
This is very common. FCA regularly limits allotment. They often do it to keep production flowing/not run out of parts.
I’ll just keep on trying. Nothing else to do over the summer. Teacher life

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I got my order placed today

Drtwhls

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Call Kent at Peterson in Nampa, ID. He placed my order with no issues. Kent was cheaper than Dillon's quote too.

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Seems pretty dumb.
Carlton is correct. Certain options open and close based on suppliers ability to get parts to them.

Also 2.0 is being pushed because of cafe standards.

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Carlton is correct. Certain options open and close based on suppliers ability to get parts to them.

Also 2.0 is being pushed because of cafe standards.
So if my order is in D Status, it may have to wait until the following month to go into production because some items are on restriction for the remainder of the current month or cycle? I guess I can understand that, but it's still crappy...

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
So if my order is in D Status, it may have to wait until the following month to go into production because some items are on restriction for the remainder of the current month or cycle? I guess I can understand that, but it's still crappy...
I had a jeep jump back and forth between D and D1 for over three months. When a jeep will be built is a crap shoot.

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes, that is correct unfortunately. The factory does try to make sure sold orders get priority, to help a little

Right now on the JT, they are holding body colored hard tops and front trail cameras for sold orders only. Dealers can't order them for stock

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Yes, that is correct unfortunately. The factory does try to make sure sold orders get priority, to help a little

Right now on the JT, they are holding body colored hard tops and front trail cameras for sold orders only. Dealers can't order them for stock
Oh well... it won't come soon enough regardless...

yardsale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ordered a Rubicon with one touch top, leather, the 3.6 and auto trans today no problems. This is to replace my previous order which was destroyed in the train crash.

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
Ordered a Rubicon with one touch top, leather, the 3.6 and auto trans today no problems. This is to replace my previous order which was destroyed in the train crash.
2-door or 4-door?
Sponsored