Sponsored

How many of you have had a flawless Jeep?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... The second issue is every once in a while I get a message on the instrument panel that my ESS is not working and to have it serviced at the dealership. I generally always remember to turn off the ESS, so not a big deal for me. The ESS error always resets itself when I restart the engine the next time I drive my Jeep. My Sahara is an amazing vehicle !
Sounds exactly like what mine did. I didn't worry about it either since I always turn it off anyway. Turns out it was a door sensor. Not an issue and a simple fix for the dealership. Not what I consider an issue though, since I turn ESS off anyway, and even if you don't it doesn't really affect anything. The Jeep still drives and functions fine, it just won't shut off when you stop. In reality most of us prefer that way.
Sponsored

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
First time Jeep owner. In fact, first time North American car owner. Just reading these threads and am getting paranoid. Particularly with the ESS and battery issues.

I've had my 2019 JLU for almost three weeks now and put around 1000 kms (600 miles) on it. So far (knock on wood) no issues other than water from the gutter dripping into the cabin when I opened the door in the rain.

So how many of you have had zero issues with your JL?
2018 Sport 2 door Punk’n 2.0L turbo. Purchased November 2018 with currently 3000 miles. No problems whatsoever so far.

583A3647-47C6-41B3-BD78-BD25EBD051AB.jpeg

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
So far, so good here.

When I bought mine I asked the sales guy if all of the recalls and TSBs had been addressed. He said, most certainly. Appearantly, the dealer gets fined $25k if they sell a vehicle that has not been cleared of recalls and TSBs.

Watchthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
We’ve had our Jeep 11 months today and covered 21900 miles with no problems. Hopefully stays that way till the 2021 model comes out.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I just traded in my 12 year Jeep Patriot for the Wrangler. In the 12 years I had to change the lower control arms and fix couple of bolt joints and yes I changed the front rotors. If you get to read any auto forum you will mostly read about the problems other drivers are experiencing with their vehicles and it doesn't matter whether it is a Jap or an EU car . Lots of Europeans would love to drive a Mustang or Wrangler but American wheels are very expensive in Europe. They can keep their fancy overrated Mercedes and Citroen but I always prefer driving an USA car.[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I bought my 2018 JLU MOAB 8 months ago today with 11 miles on it. It now has 11,622 miles and has not been back to the dealership since the day I bought it. I changed the oil myself at 2,500 miles, 5,000 miles and 10,000 miles (I don’t trust the dealership after all I’ve read on the forum, even with the first 4 being free). I did a 5 tire rotation at 6,000 miles and am about to do another. I’m reluctant to say (with a major knock on wood for fear of jinxing), that my Jeep has been flawless. It’s kind of ironic with all of the problems that are commonly experienced by so many others, that this has been the first new car I’ve bought (out of at least 25 or so over the years) that I’ve gone this long with not a single thing needing fixing, especially because I’m a picky S.O.B.!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
First off don't take 90% of the complaints for real some people complain just for like.
There is no PERFECT vehicle every Vehicle has an issue. So make your own decisions this forum is good for scaring people for no reason.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So far, so good here.

When I bought mine I asked the sales guy if all of the recalls and TSBs had been addressed. He said, most certainly. Appearantly, the dealer gets fined $25k if they sell a vehicle that has not been cleared of recalls and TSBs.
Then your dealer is lying.

Recalls, certainly, but dealers do not apply TSB fixes unless a customer complains about the issue. TSBs are not performed on all vehicles whenever they come in or on vehicles on the lot, only in response to customer complaints. That's the only way the dealer will get reimbursed for the work.

Think about TSBs not as a "fix this on all vehicles in the field" notice, but rather a way for the service department to know "if a customer complains about this, this is the fix."

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Then your dealer is lying.

Recalls, certainly, but dealers do not apply TSB fixes unless a customer complains about the issue. TSBs are not performed on all vehicles whenever they come in or on vehicles on the lot, only in response to customer complaints. That's the only way the dealer will get reimbursed for the work.

Think about TSBs not as a "fix this on all vehicles in the field" notice, but rather a way for the service department to know "if a customer complains about this, this is the fix."
Interesting..

Well either way at this point it's been flawless, lifted and all

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
2018 Sport S two door. I'm 16 days away from my one year anniversary. I'm at around 15,500 miles right now and will be over 16k when I hit my year. It's been just about flawless. The one issue: I've got the 3.5" display, after a few months the touch screen started acting up. I called the dealer and they said to take off the positive battery lead for at least 45 minutes and it would reset. I left if off for four hours, and sure enough it's been working perfectly ever since. Couldn't be happier with my Jeep.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... I changed the oil myself at 2,500 miles, 5,000 miles and 10,000 miles (I don’t trust the dealership after all I’ve read on the forum, even with the first 4 being free).....
Yeah I always do my own oil changes too. It's not like oil changes are hard, or expensive if you do your own anyway. I can't believe dealerships charge over $100 for it.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
First time Jeep owner. In fact, first time North American car owner. Just reading these threads and am getting paranoid. Particularly with the ESS and battery issues.

I've had my 2019 JLU for almost three weeks now and put around 1000 kms (600 miles) on it. So far (knock on wood) no issues other than water from the gutter dripping into the cabin when I opened the door in the rain.

So how many of you have had zero issues with your JL?
My ESS left me in a six lane intersection in Los Angeles stranded in the middle, horns blowing. Died two more times before I got it to the dealer. They had it for four days and over the weekend. They had to wait for a tech to read the codes? Then said it was a seatbelt and the airbag thing. Still like my jeep, just not so much the ESS.

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL - The GOAT; 2012 JK - Junior
10,000 miles/10 months - no issues

100 times better than the 2015 Trailhawk that I had for sure and just more expensive than the two TJs I've owned but flawless thus far. If not, I have a warranty.

Wrangler-Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Sahara Unlimited
I have a 5months old JLU Sierra. It has the 3.6l with the 8 speed auto. What a great combination, I love it. Drove it from NH to West Texas and back and averaged 24MPG. The only issue I had was the passenger side rear seat belt tangled in the seat such that the seat could not be folded. Dealer fixed it but within days it did it again. The belt was too short to be routed correctly. I bought a 6" longer belt and changed it myself. End of problem. Love my JLU.
Sponsored