First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL, 1963 Ford Fairlane, 2012 Honda Civic EXL
Good morning

I getting confused with regard to installing 6 lights to the AUX switches
I found some 4 light information but none for 6 lights.

The lights are the KC Apollo Pro (MAX 130w each )
Wiring diagram pic enclosed.

On one hand I thought I should use one of the supplied relay per set (2) of lights (so three relays in total) and just connect all the yellow (20amp) fused leads together to the battery and all the grounds together to the ground and all the white load ( 3amp fused) to the AUX Switch...

Now I'm wondering if that's correct.

Or do I just cut off all that stuff and connect all the red light leads connect to 40amp AUX switch and all the black leads to the ground.

I figure each light must be around 9amps each..
So that seems wrong with a 40amp fuse

I'm right in the middle of this at the moment..so any help at all would be great...

Thanks

15618973041967912368644419025057-jpg.jpg

P.s. I posted this in reply to another thread in stead of starting a new one.. if I broke a rule..my apologies
Sponsored

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you want to control the pairs of lights on separate switches?

If so, use three relays, and hook the output of each of 3 aux switches to each of 3 green wires to the relays. You don’t need the a black or white wire from the aux switches as shown in the diagram above.

If not, use three relays, and hook the output of one aux switch to each of the 3 green wires to the relays. Again, you don’t need the black or white wires.

You will need the black and yellow wires from the relays to the battery. The green wires to the relays are triggers and don’t draw the full current of the lamp, so both confines above will be within the current limits of the aux switches.

ETA: can you post a link to the specific lites on KC’s site?

OP
OP
Cutterwolf

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you want to control the pairs of lights on separate switches?

If so, use three relays, and hook the output of each of 3 aux switches to each of 3 green wires to the relays. You don’t need the a black or white wire from the aux switches as shown in the diagram above.

If not, use three relays, and hook the output of one aux switch to each of the 3 green wires to the relays. Again, you don’t need the black or white wires.

You will need the black and yellow wires from the relays to the battery. The green wires to the relays are triggers and don’t draw the full current of the lamp, so both confines above will be within the current limits of the aux switches.

ETA: can you post a link to the specific lites on KC’s site?
Hi...first...thanks for the reply...
I'm having trouble getting the exact link...they are the KC #9150 6 inch 100 watt halogen .

I'd like to have them all on one switch AUX #1. I also found this after digging through a bunch of boxes....so the wires to the switch is the confusing part now...I understand what you said about the green to AUX ..but i can just kill all the whites and black....

15619026505843047283252550002477.jpg

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That diagram is great. Wire all three relays as shown in the top two relays shown in the diagram.

You don't need the black and white wires shown to the switch shown in the diagram because you won't be using the switch that comes with the light kit, and Aux SW#1 already has it's own power and ground (which are used for the LED on the switch itself.)

BTW, use Brown/Pink stripe for Aux SW#1. I suspect you'll pick up that wire under the hood, and it will go to all three of your green wires into the relays. Also, you can configure the Aux switch through the radio to come on with or without the ignition on.

auxswitches-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
Cutterwolf

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That diagram is great. All three relays as shown in the top two relays in the diagram. You don't need the black and white wires shown to the switch because you won't be using the switch that comes with the light kit, and Aux SW#1 already has it's own power and ground (which are used for the LED on the switch itself.

BTW, use Brown/Pink stripe for Aux SW#1. I suspect you'll pick up that wire under the hood, and it will go to all three of your green wires into the relays. Also, you can configure the Aux switch through the radio to come on with or without the ignition on.

auxswitches-jpg.jpg
Fantastic....it seemed way harder in my head..lol....

Have a great day....

Back to work...

Thanks again for the help....

Sponsored

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
(reading your other thread) I'll also add you shouldn't need any special fuses between the green wires and the Aux switch. The Aux switches are fused, and you'll have fuses on each of your yellow "supply wires" from the battery.

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic....it seemed way harder in my head..lol....

Have a great day....

Back to work...

Thanks again for the help....
You're welcome. I made a few minor edits to my previous post to clarify. Let me know if that updated post causes any confusion.

OP
OP
Cutterwolf

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No..this is great....the only issue I see is that the wife wants me to stop and go shopping for groceries....other than that....I think I should be good...thanks again....

mortimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No..this is great....the only issue I see is that the wife wants me to stop and go shopping for groceries....other than that....I think I should be good...thanks again....
Happy to help. Let me know how things work out (with the lights ;))

Sponsored

BoundlessBasu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 330i
Saving this for reference. I always wanted to do KC lights for the windshield like that. What mount bar did you use? And any whistling while driving?

OP
OP
Cutterwolf

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its not so bad..the tires are louder..lol

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
What mount bar did you use?
Every time I search the web it doesn't seem like KC has lightbars for JL's, how did you do it? (I'm new to all this so excuse me if this is a dumb question)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cutterwolf

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Cutterwolf , sorry for highjacking the thread a month later but are those 35's with no lift?
Hey ..lol...no problem..no they are 37's with a 2.5 RC budget boost. I got my JL before there were lifts available.
Ill probably swap that out next year, but it works fine for now...
Sponsored