Sponsored

Have you ever noticed how many idiots there are?

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Are you kidding?? It's your type of rationality that pisses motorists off. It's your type that gives decent, law abiding cyclists a bad name. If you are going to use the road, on any bicycle, obey the laws, period. You dont need to ride the gutters, but you also dont need the entire lane. Be respectful to motorists, and they will respect you.
I just read a post from you in which you said “I just hit 100 on the freeway...”

It’s in the “Top Speed” thread. On page 2 right now.

I break laws on the bike FOR my safety, and for that reason only.

Why do you go 100mph on a public road in a freaking Jeep?

Take your hypocritical sanctimony and stick it where the sun don’t shine.
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
AMEN! "SHARE THE ROAD" comes along with share the rules... stop running stop signs and red lights and breaking a million other traffic laws and maybe, just maybe you will see less pissed off drivers as you peddle your bike down the middle of a lane and ignore the fact that just about every state has a slower traffic keep right law... (even if its not enforced)

I take as much of a lane as I need for my safety. No more, no less.

And I could not care less if that pisses you off, Sir.

And I don’t peddle my bike. My bike is not for sale.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
NC doesn't get much snow, but this one time, when I was at Band Camp - we got a half inch of ice, it happened so fast one afternoon that everybody in Raleigh was taken by surprise. I have about 22 miles to get from work to home, I left at 1:30, I got home at 9:15. I sat on Hwy 401 for hours due to some Wake depupty closeing the road to wait for a sand/salt truck - hey Einstein, how do you think the truck is getting through with a 6 mile parking lot in front of him. I was driving a new Toyota 4Runner and totally stock, I was taking it easy and driving around all the wrecks.
When I lived in Raleigh for a couple years after living in OH, I sh&t you not they sent us how from work early because we were forecast 1-2". Of course the Food Lion was like a nuclear bomb went off in the city. Of course nothing ended up happening but I would have hated to see what actually happened if we did get the 1" of snow.

However, not going to lie. 1" of ICE is different than snow and Raleigh is not equipped to handle snow let alone ice.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I take as much of a lane as I need for my safety. No more, no less.

And I could not care less if that pisses you off, Sir.

And I don’t peddle my bike. My bike is not for sale.
I stay on the right side of the road. Just yesterday, I had to wait for some dumbass to decide where he wanted to ride. Riding down the middle of the lane side by side is not what you are supposed to do.:angry:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I stay on the right side of the road. Just yesterday, I had to wait for some dumbass to decide where he wanted to ride. Riding down the middle of the lane side by side is not what you are supposed to do.:angry:
The only time a considerate cyclist rides in the middle of a lane is when there is not enough room for a vehicle to safely pass even if he stays as far right as he can.

Don’t want to tempt bicycle-hating bozos to try to squeeeeeze by.

It’s my life at stake. Said bozo might break a mirror.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I just read a post from you in which you said “I just hit 100 on the freeway...”

It’s in the “Top Speed” thread. On page 2 right now.

I break laws on the bike FOR my safety, and for that reason only.

Why do you go 100mph on a public road in a freaking Jeep?

Take your hypocritical sanctimony and stick it where the sun don’t shine.
Your deflecting from the issue. Let me see your logic. Someone says that they dont agree with your thinking, so you attack them on a totally unrelated subject??? Focus on the topic at hand. If you want to flame me, after searching my "Post Hkstory", then do so on the proper thread. Reminds me of my kids. One says: You shouldnt eat with your mouth open, and the other says, well, your ugly". Kind of funny to watch and listen to. Until each is ratting the other out, for everything they have done in the past.

AMEN! "SHARE THE ROAD" comes along with share the rules... stop running stop signs and red lights and breaking a million other traffic laws and maybe, just maybe you will see less pissed off drivers as you peddle your bike down the middle of a lane and ignore the fact that just about every state has a slower traffic keep right law... (even if its not enforced)
Well said.
See, @brazos , he is staying on topic.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Your deflecting from the issue. Let me see your logic. Someone says that they dont agree with your thinking, so you attack them on a totally unrelated subject??? Focus on the topic at hand. If you want to flame me, after searching my "Post Hkstory", then do so on the proper thread. Reminds me of my kids. One says: You shouldnt eat with your mouth open, and the other says, well, your ugly". Kind of funny to watch and listen to. Until each is ratting the other out, for everything they have done in the past.

Well said.
See, @brazos , he is staying on topic.
You said I should “Obey the laws, period.”

So your driving a Jeep 100 miles an hour IS on topic.

Your hypocrisy is crystal clear.

Bicyclists should obey all laws....

...but...I’m gonna hit a hunnerd in this rascal!

And I didn’t search your posts. That thread was resurrected yesterday, and I remembered seeing your post when I read through it.

If you can’t see the relevance of calling you out for going 100 in a Jeep when you just told me to “obey all laws”, you just aren’t very bright.

Edit: And of course I DID address the central topic, with all 3 of you. I did not try to deflect. Pointing out that you are a hypocrite was just a fun sidelight.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29342

I have always said if cyclists had to pay the insurance premium I have to pay to drive my Jeep or car or what I drive to ride their bikes I’m sure they would be more careful also there isn't many cops looking to ticket these unsafe cyclists here. About 2 weeks some cyclists doing 30mph or faster (meanwhile speed limit is 25 in NYC) made contact with my Rubicon. He went through a red light thinking he was Superman. I was doing 20 mph and never saw him coming not even the person behind me saw the cyclists. Yes it wasn’t my fault ( I have about 10 witnesses saw him fly through the light) bc he flew through a red light but at the end of the day it’s supposedly fault and now my insurance is going to skyrocketed. I share roads I respect cyclists but if you want to be an ass and make a mess your as good as the gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have always said if cyclists had to pay the insurance premium I have to pay to drive my Jeep or car or what I drive to ride their bikes I’m sure they would be more careful also there isn't many cops looking to ticket these unsafe cyclists here. About 2 weeks some cyclists doing 30mph or faster (meanwhile speed limit is 25 in NYC) made contact with my Rubicon. He went through a red light thinking he was Superman. I was doing 20 mph and never saw him coming not even the person behind me saw the cyclists. Yes it wasn’t my fault ( I have about 10 witnesses saw him fly through the light) bc he flew through a red light but at the end of the day it’s supposedly fault and now my insurance is going to skyrocketed. I share roads I respect cyclists but if you want to be an ass and make a mess your as good as the gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

Around my neck of the woods, most cyclists are courteous, but I have seen up close what happens when they arent. Bicycle vs. Truck, truck always wins. With everyone texting, while driving, taking up an entire lane of traffic, on a bike is stupid. It takes just one tenager, on the phkne, to ruin your day.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Sorry to hear that

I nearly had one hit my truck as he blew through a red, I got lucky.

Only good bicyclist is one in the park, neighborhoods or 6 feet under

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
The only time a considerate cyclist rides in the middle of a lane is when there is not enough room for a vehicle to safely pass even if he stays as far right as he can.

Don’t want to tempt bicycle-hating bozos to try to squeeeeeze by.

It’s my life at stake. Said bozo might break a mirror.
I'm usually on your side @brazos ... but on this bike thing I respectfully sorta disagree. But then again I'm in CA so my opinion might be tainted ;)

Most bicyclists I see are the one's who regularly run through red lights in traffic, regularly fail to obey the rules of the road whether or not safety is in play, and act as if the vehicles are infringing on their right to rule the road. Could just be the area but 9 out of 10 they are acting like total dweebs. I USED to ride on the road but choose not to since there is such animosity between cars and bikes... a LOT of this animosity is created when bicyclists demanding the same rights as cars but yet flippantly ignore the same rules that cars must obey.There may be those bicyclists who are considerate... I just haven't seen that. Though that's not to say there aren't bicycle hating bozos out there either.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Sorry to hear that

I nearly had one hit my truck as he blew through a red, I got lucky.

Only good bicyclist is one in the park, neighborhoods or 6 feet under
Always good to get the moron perspective, I reckon.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Always good to get the moron perspective, I reckon.
You deal with them in NYC, especially when the commie mayor's keep adding more useless bike Lanes that only get used 4 months of the year.

Now back on topic, I should of seen if it was already discussed, but how many people how the passing lane on the highway just cruising like it's Sunday?

Deleted member 29342

You deal with them in NYC, especially when the commie mayor's keep adding more useless bike Lanes that only get used 4 months of the year.

Now back on topic, I should of seen if it was already discussed, but how many people how the passing lane on the highway just cruising like it's Sunday?
Oh you know about NYC streets and their bike lane. Check this bike lane out. The light was red when I took the picture so don’t start no crap. :giggle:

879A9165-E338-421D-AB24-19975BB96D51.jpeg