Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler June 2019 Sales Figures (US and Canada)

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

UNITED STATES

FCA Reports June 2019 U.S. Sales

• FCA US reports best June retail sales in 18 years; best total sales in 14 years
  • Ram pickup trucks notch record as sales jump 56 percent to 68,098 vehicles sold
  • Jeep® Gladiator captures an estimated 7 percent of the mid-sized truck market in its first full month in dealerships
  • Dodge Charger posts highest June sales in 12 years
  • FCA ends monthly sales reporting; first quarterly report to occur Oct. 1
July 2, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reported its best June in 14 years as total sales climbed 2 percent to 206,083 vehicles, driven by Ram pickup trucks which had its highest month of sales since the brand was detached from Dodge and launched as a standalone division in 2009.

Sales of Ram pickups for June rose 56 percent to 68,098 vehicles. For the quarter, Ram pickup truck sales finished at 179,454 vehicles.

Jeep® Gladiator sales reached 4,231 vehicles sold, which helped the nameplate capture an estimated 7 percent of the mid-sized truck market after only one full month on dealership lots.

The Dodge Charger also reached its highest level since 2007 with sales of 9,034 vehicles.

Overall, June retail sales for FCA US hit the highest level in 18 years with 156,588 vehicles sold. Fleet sales totaled 49,495 vehicles and accounted for 24 percent of total sales.

"For the first-half of 2019, Ram has been on a tear since we made the strategic decision to enter the year with a three-truck strategy. The new Ram 1500, Ram Classic and Heavy Duty are all generating a huge response from customers and critics alike,” Head of U.S. Sales Reid Bigland said. “This is now the third month Ram pickup sales have surpassed 60,000 since December. Our dealers had a steady stream of customers all month long.”

June results also mark the end of monthly sales reporting by FCA US LLC. The first quarterly sales report will occur on Oct. 1, covering the months of July, August and September.

See the attached table for the breakdown of brand and nameplate sales.

Jeep Wrangler Sales Figure Stats June 2019.jpg

CANADA

FCA Canada Reports 2019 June Sales
  • June record sales for Ram Heavy Duty (HD), up 158 per cent
  • June record for Jeep ® Grand Cherokee, up 34 per cent
  • June record for Jeep Wrangler, up 21 per cent
  • Sales of Dodge Grand Caravan up 14 per cent in June
July 3, 2019 , Windsor, Ontario - FCA Canada today reported June 2019 sales of 21,566.

"June sales year-over-year saw solid increases from both the Ram and Jeep® brands," FCA Canada President and CEO Reid Bigland said. "The highly-anticipated Jeep Gladiator pickup and new Ram Heavy Duty continue to arrive in Canadian dealerships and are resonating well with consumers."

Sales Highlights
Ram brand sales were up 7 per cent compared with sales from June 2018. Within the brand, Ram HD saw the largest increase with 2,683 sales, an increase of 158 per cent over the same month of the prior year.

Jeep brand sales were up 1 per cent this month, compared with the year prior. Jeep Wrangler set a June record with 2,497 sales, a 21 per cent boost from the same month of 2018. Calendar year-to-date, Jeep Grand Cherokee has achieved record sales and set a June record with 1,629 sales, an increase of 34 per cent over the same month last year. Jeep Compass saw an increase of 25 per cent with 611 sales. The all-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator, the most capable midsize truck ever, recorded 278 sales in June.

Dodge Grand Caravan sales were up 14 per cent with 2,744 sales.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 11.16.46 AM.jpg
Sponsored

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Numbers are clearly down for Wranglers (for the US). Does it mean anything for us consumers? Given the current inventory of 2018 still remaining on the lots, would the lower sale numbers translate into added incentives for July and August?

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm pretty sure they are down only because of the spike they got last year by rolling out a new model. Also the Gladiator is probably taking some Wrangler sales this year. I'm guessing FCA anticipated both things, so I'm not sure if inventories are actually higher than normal. I was at my dealership today and their inventory looked low to me. Only three Gladiators on the lot, for example, at a big city dealership in a state where Jeeps are hugely popular.

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Impressive how the GC is still going strong despite being on an 10 year old platform. Shows how good of a vehicle it is.

Numbers are down across the board though, for most automakers. And they’re not expected to recover. Some are arguing that we’ve reached “peak car.”

A Jeep-sharing future is just around the corner. Show up to your favorite trail, use your phone and find a Jeep right away. Then when you’re all done having fun, just leave it parked on someone’s front yard.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Our Grand Cherokee Trailhawk lease is up in March. Guess what we're going to replace it with? Yep, another one. Probably the exact same color too. It's fantastic. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like, but want to give them a couple years to shake it down unlike me buying a (late build) first year Wrangler lol

Impressive how the GC is still going strong despite being on an 10 year old platform. Shows how good of a vehicle it is.

Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Ram Trucks don't seem to be hurting too bad.
No, and basically Ram and Jeep are and have been carrying FCA all along. However, those models that are selling well are outliers, as most of the industry is seeing a drop in sales overall which is expected to continue.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I'm pretty sure they are down only because of the spike they got last year by rolling out a new model. Also the Gladiator is probably taking some Wrangler sales this year. I'm guessing FCA anticipated both things, so I'm not sure if inventories are actually higher than normal.
The quick answer is that the Wrangler was always a niche vehicle. Those who were Jeep people jumped on the redesign, so the sales spiked. But the reality is that it was (and should remain) a somewhat limited market. It wasn’t that long ago that it was rare to see a Jeep on the road. Now I see at least 3 per parking lot. The market is a little saturated, especially considering that the global car market is pushing to compacts and/or hybrids.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The market is a little saturated, especially considering that the global car market is pushing to compacts and/or hybrids.
Even in California, the vast majority of vehicles being sold right now are tall compact station wagons (erm, suvs.. crossovers, whatever the heck we call them). I like how people try to make them more macho by calling them SUVs and trucks, but they're really just tall, plasticky, awkward looking station wagons.. with the requisite angry looking grille. Can't miss that.

Anyway, Jeeps are kinda small compared to some of the other behemoths on the road - navigators, escalades, tahoes - even the new explorer is huge lol.

The part that Wranglers suck at is gas mileage. The PHEV might fix that.

I still think Chrysler's biggest enemy is their own dealers, lol.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am not sure I follow that logic, could you please elaborate? Is it similar to the unemployment rate is low because so many people have 2 jobs?
You’re saying there was a “first year spike” in JL sales. Problem is that when FCA said they sold 240,000 Wranglers in 2018, that number included both JK and JL. They built 99,000 JK Wranglers for 2018, which means JL didn’t even come close to selling near the 190-200,000 units that JK has been selling.

2019 will be the first year of JL only sales. FCA has tripled Wrangler fleet sales in an effort to keep them moving as retail demand falls.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Chrysler generally makes great looking vehicles. You can always tell a Chrysler vehicle and even in the old days Chrysler never disappointed with their body design. And then there is of course the Wrangler and it is a totally different animal from the rest of the pack. Most of cars today just look like dozen of eggs in a cardboard box, they just all look the same. You can call me old fashioned but I always wished to drive an American automobile .

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
I think a lot of it has to do with it being used in fleets and rentals and is cheap as shit. I drive one for work and it sucks compared to the Pacifica I used for two years. Loved that van but the new tax laws prevent me from writing mileage off now so back to a company ride.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Interest rate increases, big price increases,consumer debt over load has dealt a blow to new JL sales, at least in my area...Regional sales have an impact, my area sees Sport, Sport S sales, Saharas languish on the lot. Maybe "Peak SUV" is here...
Sponsored