Metalcloak 2.5” game hanger or Teraflex 2. 5”

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
I am looking at getting a lift for the Jeep.I have been debating on 2.3 or 3.5” game changer but today I took the Jeep in for service and saw a new jl with a 2.5 inch teraflex with falcon 3.3s. It got me wondering. Both look like great systems. I talked to the performance off road guy at the dealership and he said they both were great but he liked the teraflex what is everyone’s experience with either of these lifts good and bad?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I am looking at getting a lift for the Jeep.I have been debating on 2.3 or 3.5” game changer but today I took the Jeep in for service and saw a new jl with a 2.5 inch teraflex with falcon 3.3s. It got me wondering. Both look like great systems. I talked to the performance off road guy at the dealership and he said they both were great but he liked the teraflex what is everyone’s experience with either of these lifts good and bad?
Metalcloak everyday and twice on Sunday. Was the teraflex Jeep for sale? If so, go drive it and find a MC to ride in. MC rides considerably better than stock

I’d recommend the 3.5 GC

Brett

OP
OP
Dirt Tiger

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
Metalcloak everyday and twice on Sunday. Was the teraflex Jeep for sale? If so, go drive it and find a MC to ride in. MC rides considerably better than stock

I’d recommend the 3.5 GC

Brett
It was not for sale it was someone else that was getting service. I have found very few people here in nc that have a game changer. What kind of height did you get out a 3.5 gc? One of the things I liked about the gc is that if I wanted to go 3.5 all I got to do is get new coils. Thanks for the response

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was not for sale it was someone else that was getting service. I have found very few people here in nc that have a game changer. What kind of height did you get out a 3.5 gc? One of the things I liked about the gc is that if I wanted to go 3.5 all I got to do is get new coils. Thanks for the response
We love the MC gamechanger as it correctly (imo) addresses every part that needs addressing. Contact MC and see what authorized installers are in your area. Their website is being updated on that part but hopefully they will have something you can ride in. Everyone I take for a ride in is blown away by the improvements. The “it rides like a Jeep” is out the window now. Correct, swapping coils is the big difference but it’s easier and cheaper to do it once. The big thing on the 2.5” is you don’t need the smaller diameter front driveshaft as much as with the 3.5 when its flexed out.

Here’s mine with a heavy fridge and 37 on the rear and bumper with winch up front. Here’s two of three I built week before last. All 3.5” mc GC

Brett

6032F526-808E-492F-A5CD-D9FECBF80D64.jpeg

590BFF9A-6E84-4F10-81EB-F4422BE95F89.jpeg

AB26B537-4425-4DD6-BE17-D39A47480B35.jpeg

0F9EF2F8-D347-48BD-95CE-C9FA19490E60.jpeg

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
If you're in Mooresville, head over to Stanley and link up with the guys at Stacked Offroad, they'll let you take one of their RK equipped JL's for a ride I'm sure.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
... The big thing on the 2.5” is you don’t need the smaller diameter front driveshaft as much as with the 3.5 when its flexed out...

Brett
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was the shocks and control arms that were responsible for the amount of droop/flex. I had assumed that the need for a drive shaft would be the same with both the 2.5 and 3.5 kits since they use the same shocks and control arms. No? The only difference being the actual height. genuinely curious about this. Thanks

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was the shocks and control arms that were responsible for the amount of droop/flex. I had assumed that the need for a drive shaft would be the same with both the 2.5 and 3.5 kits since they use the same shocks and control arms. No? The only difference being the actual height. genuinely curious about this. Thanks
Ultimately, the shocks are the determining factor in the consideration of a driveshaft. Typically a taller lift will use longer shocks, if MC is using the same shock lengths on their 3.5 as on their 2.5, that is interesting and something to consider when making the choice to purchase a kit. Control arms will have almost no influence in this regard.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ultimately, the shocks are the determining factor in the consideration of a driveshaft. Typically a taller lift will use longer shocks, if MC is using the same shock lengths on their 3.5 as on their 2.5, that is interesting and something to consider when making the choice to purchase a kit. Control arms will have almost no influence in this regard.
Thanks for the info. I'm not saying MC is using the same shocks for sure, just my assumption based on what I've seen on their website and such. Admittedly, I have no first hand experience with their kits; just shopping around at the moment.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I'm not saying MC is using the same shocks for sure, just my assumption based on what I've seen on their website and such. Admittedly, I have no first hand experience with their kits; just shopping around at the moment.
Makes sense, I would not anticipate that they would use the same between the kits.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirt Tiger

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
I asked MC and they said that the only difference was the coils.
Ryan,

Thank you for the message. Yes, the only difference between the two kits are the coils. Very easy to upgrade from 2.5" to 3.5".

Matson
So it seems like they are using the same shocks for both the 2.5 and 3.5 kits. All the people that I have talked to have nothing but good things to say about the GC lift and the ride after. That has been constant and appealing.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s correct. You’d use for bumpstops to limit the flex which would reduce the need for the driveshaft. When the drivers side drops down the driveshaft rubs on the crossmember. The aftermarkets are narrower and stronger. The control arms won’t limit droop in this case

Brett

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
My good buddy runs MC’s 3.5 true dual kit and I’m on a 2.5 Rock Krawler adventure series 2 TT. MC makes a nice kit, wheels awesome and has a good ride but even he will tell you my RK kit rides a lot smoother than his.
Also one thing to mention is MC will lift you a lot higher than advertised height, his 3.5 gave him almost 5.5 inches of lift. RK was bang on with their advertised lift height, even with the big ol heavy warn on the bumper lol
Some look at the additional lift height as a plus, but some do have height restrictions (garages/parking areas) and higher also means you need to address pinion and geometry issues more

We both also ran Teraflex on our past Jeeps, he had a TJ and I was a JK, and we both experienced large amounts of spring sag, component failures and poor service from them

8D8590AF-8B76-4FE2-B6FC-199ABEC54D6B.jpeg

807FE58F-1644-4463-B936-10D9ED91CE96.jpeg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My good buddy runs MC’s 3.5 true dual kit and I’m on a 2.5 Rock Krawler adventure series 2 TT. MC makes a nice kit, wheels awesome and has a good ride but even he will tell you my RK kit rides a lot smoother than his.
Also one thing to mention is MC will lift you a lot higher than advertised height, his 3.5 gave him almost 5.5 inches of lift. RK was bang on with their advertised lift height, even with the big ol heavy warn on the bumper lol
Some look at the additional lift height as a plus, but some do have height restrictions (garages/parking areas) and higher also means you need to address pinion and geometry issues more

We both also ran Teraflex on our past Jeeps, he had a TJ and I was a JK, and we both experienced large amounts of spring sag, component failures and poor service from them

8D8590AF-8B76-4FE2-B6FC-199ABEC54D6B.jpeg

807FE58F-1644-4463-B936-10D9ED91CE96.jpeg
Good info here. One thing to add is that MC bases their lift height off a rubicon which is approx 1.5” higher than a sport. That is the reason for the gain of 5.5” also why some claim they don’t get the lift desired from the RK. Both are great and can’t go wrong either way

Brett

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Good info here. One thing to add is that MC bases their lift height off a rubicon which is approx 1.5” higher than a sport. That is the reason for the gain of 5.5” also why some claim they don’t get the lift desired from the RK. Both are great and can’t go wrong either way

Brett
RK is based on Rubicon for 4 doors, Sport for 2 doors. RK has a very true, nominal, lift height.
Sponsored