Sponsored

Have you ever noticed how many idiots there are?

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just over a couple of inches?
I shit you not. I legitimately thought a zombie apocalypse was happening for about half a second. I was really scratching my head and my friend just casually pointed out it was supposed to snow a couple inches so people are "preparing"

If the news of a couple inches of snow did this.... I actually am terrified to see what it would look like if there was some *real* disaster. People would have maybe even purchased some of the eggplant....... Yeah eggplants were plentiful still :CWL:
Sponsored

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Surly you guys are kidding!

There are(hey use your blinker) not that ( get out the way) many id(no u turn dope)oits - guess you are right!!!!!!!!!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
NC doesn't get much snow, but this one time, when I was at Band Camp - we got a half inch of ice, it happened so fast one afternoon that everybody in Raleigh was taken by surprise. I have about 22 miles to get from work to home, I left at 1:30, I got home at 9:15. I sat on Hwy 401 for hours due to some Wake depupty closeing the road to wait for a sand/salt truck - hey Einstein, how do you think the truck is getting through with a 6 mile parking lot in front of him. I was driving a new Toyota 4Runner and totally stock, I was taking it easy and driving around all the wrecks.

Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
Don't even get me started;
1) the people who think they need to go hard left to make a right hand turn,
2) the people who drive with their high beams on
3) the people who put their hazard light on when it raining out,
4) the people who almost stop to make a turn (thats when I yell the curb isn't going to jump out),
5) the people who don't know that they actually have to approach the left hand turn instead of sitting 40' behind the line,
^) the people who don't realize they had the caps key on when they wanted to type a number.

I could go on forever..

DanOfTheNorth

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
I can deal with the assortment of bad drivers, but in my region the e-bikes are the hazard since they require no licensing and there are no rules for them (for the most part). I saw someone out riding one in mid-February … when it is below zero and there is snow/ice. I watch them regularly roll through red lights, make illegal turns, and generally take up too much space in a lane to prevent cars from going past them.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
4) the people who almost stop to make a turn (thats when I yell the curb isn't going to jump out),
5) the people who don't know that they actually have to approach the left hand turn instead of sitting 40' behind the line,
^) the people who don't realize they had the caps key on when they wanted to type a number.

I could go on forever..

Uh...I think you got yourself started. No disagreement here, though.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I can deal with the assortment of bad drivers, but in my region the e-bikes are the hazard since they require no licensing and there are no rules for them (for the most part). I saw someone out riding one in mid-February … when it is below zero and there is snow/ice. I watch them regularly roll through red lights, make illegal turns, and generally take up too much space in a lane to prevent cars from going past them.
Bicyclists (and Icicleists and E-cyclists) have a right to a lane. Get used to that. We are not required to ride in a gutter so that you can roar by inches from our elbows.

And yes, when it’s clear, we sometimes violate traffic laws in order to avoid sitting still in the kill zone, knowing that some don’t notice us, and some like you resent our very presence on “their” roads.

Stayin’ Alive....

That actually keeps us out of your way, though.

From my point of view, people like you are the real hazard.

Share the road.

Last edited:

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Bicyclists (and Icicleists and E-cyclists) have a right to a lane. Get used to that. We are not required to ride in a gutter so that you can roar by inches from our elbows.

And yes, when it’s clear, we sometimes violate traffic laws in order to avoid sitting still in the kill zone, knowing that some don’t notice us, and some like you resent our very presence on “their” roads.

Stayin’ Alive....

Share the road.
Post of the day...

Sponsored

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away

I could go on forever..
Number 4 is a classic.

DanOfTheNorth

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler

Stayin’ Alive....

Share the road.
I 100% agree with you. Cyclists I have no issue with, they don't have a death wish, as a whole they don't try to do anything that could wind up injuring themselves and are very conscious of their surroundings and limitations on their bikes. The e-bikes in my area are not the typical electric bicycles but smallerish 2 or 3 wheeled mopeds that are heavily marketed to the crowd that can't legally drive (loss of license offences), hence the local nickname of a DUIbike, and their users often do things that someone with a motorcycle wouldn't even attempt (based on the ability to get up to speed/make a quick turn). I overheard someone discussing their bike with someone who had a question, and the conversation went along the lines of … Ya I don't need a helmet, no insurance, and my bike can go up to 50 km/h, so I can get around the town and I don't need a car.

But then again they see the insane number of drivers run red lights/no longer advance greens … fair play in their mind as well.

There is probably a great use for those e-bikes as a method of transportation, but the fact some of them can do the speed limit, my area needs regulation on them, or if there is regulation, enforcement.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I 100% agree with you. Cyclists I have no issue with, they don't have a death wish, as a whole they don't try to do anything that could wind up injuring themselves and are very conscious of their surroundings and limitations on their bikes. The e-bikes in my area are not the typical electric bicycles but smallerish 2 or 3 wheeled mopeds that are heavily marketed to the crowd that can't legally drive (loss of license offences), hence the local nickname of a DUIbike, and their users often do things that someone with a motorcycle wouldn't even attempt (based on the ability to get up to speed/make a quick turn). I overheard someone discussing their bike with someone who had a question, and the conversation went along the lines of … Ya I don't need a helmet, no insurance, and my bike can go up to 50 km/h, so I can get around the town and I don't need a car.

But then again they see the insane number of drivers run red lights/no longer advance greens … fair play in their mind as well.

There is probably a great use for those e-bikes as a method of transportation, but the fact some of them can do the speed limit, my area needs regulation on them, or if there is regulation, enforcement.
Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

And once again, there was peace in the valley...

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
You want to see some real idiots go to west Texas and travel 285 between Pecos Tx and Carlsbad New Mexico. I’ve seen so many people get killed there the last three years. Most are due to idiots.
Try DFW. The idiots think the laws of physics and chemistry besides state laws don't apply to them.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You want real idiots, work in a prison for a while. You will see grown men want to fight because they think there is not enough frosting on their free piece of cake. Or fight or a .01 cent cup of kool-aid.
Sponsored