Sponsored

Hope nobody's order is delayed (train carrying new Jeeps derails)

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Bunch of Jeeps destroyed in a derailment in Nevada.

https://fox13now.com/2019/07/10/dozens-of-brand-new-cars-destroyed-in-spectacular-nevada-train-derailment

Dozens of brand-new cars destroyed in ‘spectacular’ Nevada train derailment

POSTED 4:45 PM, JULY 10, 2019

LINCOLN COUNTY, Nevada — Dozens of brand-new cars and pickup trucks were destroyed after 33 train cars derailed near Caliente, Nevada, on Wednesday.

Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee confirmed the crash just after 9:00 a.m. and said it happened about 30 miles from the Utah-Nevada border.

Lee said the crash was the most spectacular mess he has seen, with mostly new Jeep Rubicons and pickup trucks destroyed in the derailment.

County road 4230 from Elgin, Nevada, to Carp, Nevada, is completely closed until Thursday, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, and it will remain partially closed for the next 7-10 days because construction equipment, train cars and debris are blocking the road.

Lee said the train had cars hauling hazardous material but none of those cars were impacted by the crash. A hazmat tanker was two cars away from the derailed section of the train, according to Lee.

Lincoln County borders Utah and Arizona and ends just north of Mesquite, Nevada, on the south side.

Caliente, Nevada, is just over 100 miles from St. George, Utah.

Union Pacific is investigating the cause of the derailment and will turn the results of that investigation to the Federal Railroad Administration.

Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment1.jpg
Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment2.jpg
Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment4.jpg
Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment3.jpg
Jeep Gladiator Train Wreck Derailment5.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Looks like I'll be working tomorrow to build some new ones.
Well that sucks :(
Hopefully there weren't too many Wranglers on that train, especially ones already sold with owners anxiously waiting.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Well that sucks I would be super disappointed if that happened to my vehicle and had been waiting for it. But crap happens

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Easy for a lot of us that already have our JL's to make jokes, but I would have been really upset if that had happened to mine and I had to start all over.
I would have seen it as a sign to include the tow package that was a bitch to install (specifically Aux switches) and gladly reordered LOL

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I would have seen it as a sign to include the tow package that was a bitch to install (specifically Aux switches) and gladly reordered LOL
Some of us ordered that the first time around even though I have yet to tow or wire anything to it :rock: :giggle:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, My Firecracker Red Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator Rubicon is supposed to be in Mira Loma, CA on Friday. I should be passing through Nevada today. What are the chances that it's the one playing opossum in this picture?

jeepgladiator.jpg
Oh man, it’s not a zero chance, that’s for sure. Hope nobody on the train or nearby was hurt. Luckily these were all still corporate owned and insured.