Stuck in "I" Status for 17 days

Burandtman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've been in "I" status for 17 days and from reading other posts I have determined that means there is either a massive backup or a serious issue with my build. Is anyone else stuck in "I" or have further insight into its meaning?
Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
YES! Mine has been in "I" since 6/10. 22 days!! I have an escalated inquiry with Jeep CS and my dealership's GM is asking around also. Not getting any answers. I've ruled out a backup of orders since others with same options are getting delivered much sooner. I'm thinking it has a serious issue or they simply lost track of it. I just want an informative update.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I saw you also ordered with ACC. I'd find this wait acceptable if they told me I was getting an improved version of ACC.

OP
OP
Burandtman

Burandtman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I saw you also ordered with ACC. I'd find this wait acceptable if they told me I was getting an improved version of ACC.
That would be nice but it is unlikely. Just today I had Jeep CS send my case in for review so I guess we will see what happens

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If FCA works like GM there may be a constraint on one of your chosen options. It happens quite often with Corvette orders. There's are more orders for an option than the supplier can keep up with. Don't know if that's the case with you guys, but you never know. Good luck, I hope you both get yours further down the line soon.

Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I emailed my dealer today and half-jokingly said we could get a new order filled before they tell us what happened to the original order. He replied saying that they can only submit customer orders for 2020’s now. This could explain why so few 2019’s seem to be coming off the line the last several days. I then asked if they had all the option packages and details for the new model but he hasn’t replied yet. He did say they no longer have the Moabs so they must have some 2020 details. This could get interesting.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I emailed my dealer today and half-jokingly said we could get a new order filled before they tell us what happened to the original order. He replied saying that they can only submit customer orders for 2020’s now. This could explain why so few 2019’s seem to be coming off the line the last several days. I then asked if they had all the option packages and details for the new model but he hasn’t replied yet. He did say they no longer have the Moabs so they must have some 2020 details. This could get interesting.
we're still building 2019's. should be changing over to 2020's in a few weeks.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
we're still building 2019's. should be changing over to 2020's in a few weeks.
Thanks for chiming in, JLEngineline. It seems mine will be one of the last to be completed (Lol). Do you have any suggestions for how we can find out what’s really going on with our orders? Myself nor our dealer’s managers can get any answers. It seems very odd that a vehicle would be in Inspection status for nearly five weeks.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Thanks for chiming in, JLEngineline. It seems mine will be one of the last to be completed (Lol). Do you have any suggestions for how we can find out what’s really going on with our orders? Myself nor our dealer’s managers can get any answers. It seems very odd that a vehicle would be in Inspection status for nearly five weeks.
I wish that I could help but I really don't know.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Mine finally progressed to JB status yesterday and today onto KZ. Looks like its finally happening.

5 1/2 weeks in Inspection status! I sure wish I could get an answer as to why. If I have persistent issues, I'll be looking into the details of that Lemon Law. I guess after 5 1/2 weeks they had plenty of time to very well fix whatever the heck was wrong with it.

Sponsored

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Mine finally progressed to JB status yesterday and today onto KZ. Looks like its finally happening.

5 1/2 weeks in Inspection status! I sure wish I could get an answer as to why. If I have persistent issues, I'll be looking into the details of that Lemon Law. I guess after 5 1/2 weeks they had plenty of time to very well fix whatever the heck was wrong with it.
Saw your thread from July & I've had similar issues with inspection delay. Did you finally receive your Jeep & have you been happy with it? Thanks!

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Saw your thread from July & I've had similar issues with inspection delay. Did you finally receive your Jeep & have you been happy with it? Thanks!
It was smooth and quick once it got out of Inspection. Two months and 4,000 miles later, I'm completely happy. No apparent reason for the delay in inspection but no issues whatsoever so far.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
The length of the inspection delay doesn't necessarily correspond with the severity of the issue. Prolonged "I" status means that some defect has been found in the build that is awaiting rectification. Some of the most common were bolts for which the head has snapped off from being over tightened.

The problem is getting such vehicles into the shop where remedial work is done. Vehicles with common issues can be grouped together for scheduling repairs since this allows for efficiencies in repetition. Conversely, a vehicle with a relatively minor issue might sit for a period of time if it is the only one waiting for a specific type of repair.

The manager responsible for this remedial work used to post on Reddit, and for a period of time, gave status updates to customers in "I" status. He once indicated that spending as much as a month in "I" status for non critical issues was not unheard of. However, periods longer than that could be a sign of a more serious problem.

Unfortunately, it appears that FCA chased him off of social media a long time ago so it's no longer possible to get word from the horse's mouth.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
The length of the inspection delay doesn't necessarily correspond with the severity of the issue. Prolonged "I" status means that some defect has been found in the build that is awaiting rectification. Some of the most common were bolts for which the head has snapped off from being over tightened.

The problem is getting such vehicles into the shop where remedial work is done. Vehicles with common issues can be grouped together for scheduling repairs since this allows for efficiencies in repetition. Conversely, a vehicle with a relatively minor issue might sit for a period of time if s the only one waiting for a specific type of repair.

The manager responsible for this remedial work used to post on Reddit, and for a period of time, gave status updates to customers in "I" status. He once indicated that spending as much as a month in "I" status for non critical issues was not unheard of. However, periods longer than that could be a sign of a more serious problem.

Unfortunately, it appears that FCA chased him off of social media a long time ago so it's no longer possible to get word from the horse's mouth.
Thank you for a great explanation. I used to work in an automotive-related production facility so kinda suspected something along the lines of what you stated. My biggest frustration was not being able to get any type of explanation from Customer Service. I didn't expect much details but couldn't get the slightest assistance from anyone and that was ridiculous.
Sponsored