Sponsored

Has anyone ordered from out of state and had your new Jeep shipped?

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Earnhardt is one of the few dealers that I haven't yet approached. Criswell will do 8% below and Ourisman 8.25%, both with TL/AR. I wonder if I can get Earnhardt to 6% with TL/AR. That would give me enough incentive not to deal with shipping.
Scott, I talked to a guy named "CJ" at Earnhardts in Gilbert. He seemed like a no BS type guy. He talked like 5% below was no problem. I didn't mention TL/AR. I was planning on talking with him when I'm ready to buy. If you do try and deal with him, let me know how it goes. But now I may as well wait for the 2020 models since I hear they are only a few months away.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Scott, I talked to a guy named "CJ" at Earnhardts in Gilbert. He seemed like a no BS type guy. He talked like 5% below was no problem. I didn't mention TL/AR. I was planning on talking with him when I'm ready to buy. If you do try and deal with him, let me know how it goes. But now I may as well wait for the 2020 models since I hear they are only a few months away.
My thought exactly! I may get bored and swing by there tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
My thought exactly! I may get bored and swing by there tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!
Have you guys ordered yet? I am in Phoenix, gonna order from Criswell later this month. If you haven't maybe we can see if we can get a discount by all 3 of us ordering?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
My local dealers won't come close to the Criswell or Ourisman deals. I don't have time for a cross country road trip to bring the JL home to the Phoenix area, but figure I'll still come out way ahead, even if I have to pay for shipping. Has anyone else done this? Tips and recommendations would be much appreciated!
I had worked a deal with Criswell at 8% under invoice and was planning on having it Courtesy Shipped form the Jeep plant to another dealer. I was just informed this morning that Criswell has STOPPED offering that option today after they had told me "yes" yesterday. Not happy!

So, I'm trying to see if I want to still do the deal and get a transport company ship it the 1400 mile / $850 journey to my house or office.

Sponsored

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Have you guys ordered yet? I am in Phoenix, gonna order from Criswell later this month. If you haven't maybe we can see if we can get a discount by all 3 of us ordering?
Keithd60, I have not ordered yet. Now that the ordering is open for the 2020's I'm getting closer. I think I know what I want and will start looking for a deal. Would love to find 8% below invoice, but would be happy with 6 or 7% too if "dealer fees" are not to big. If I can only save 2% by going out of state, I'm sure it would be worth it to me.

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
my dealership only searches out 250 miles, but still couldn't fine what I wanted in a manual. Once they knew I wasn't going to be buying one of the automatics they had on the lot, and was about to leave, they increased their search and found exactly what I wanted 450 miles away, down in Ohio. I drove it off the lot 2 days later. it was like 1400 extra, but the manual was 2k less than the automatics.

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
I had worked a deal with Criswell at 8% under invoice and was planning on having it Courtesy Shipped form the Jeep plant to another dealer. I was just informed this morning that Criswell has STOPPED offering that option today after they had told me "yes" yesterday. Not happy!

So, I'm trying to see if I want to still do the deal and get a transport company ship it the 1400 mile / $850 journey to my house or office.
Yeah, I’m working with them too and I was trying to be optimistic but I figured that wouldn’t last. I spoke with Patrick a few minutes ago and he said they got overwhelmed with drop ship requests from forum members so they had to pull the plug. I get it and I can’t say I blame them for stopping it. Good for the few who got it while they could! But you know what they say....If it sounds too good to be true......

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Probably also because if you do that once or a few times it’s ok. If you do it a bunch of times someone at HQ is probably going to raise an eyebrow. My guess is it isn’t kosher in the franchise agreement lol. I am not a lawyer though.

This tells a greater story: the customer service at the other dealers is so shitty that the one decent dealer got overwhelmed lol

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Had one shipped in from Arizona to Pittsburgh, cost me $1400 but it was a deal that no other dealership could beat.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
My local dealers won't come close to the Criswell or Ourisman deals. I don't have time for a cross country road trip to bring the JL home to the Phoenix area, but figure I'll still come out way ahead, even if I have to pay for shipping. Has anyone else done this? Tips and recommendations would be much appreciated!

As a former dealer in Pa, I used Gene at 412-915-9150 to move my vehicles.

Gene has a driver, who lives in LA, that does the coast to coast trip from time to time?

Gene may be a little freaked out wondering how you got his number?

Just tell him that Don Bindas in Naples Florida gave it to you.

Gene is bringing my 2020 Rubicon down to Florida after it's built.

Maybe he can combine all our Jeeps into one load for a better price?

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
Probably also because if you do that once or a few times it’s ok. If you do it a bunch of times someone at HQ is probably going to raise an eyebrow. My guess is it isn’t kosher in the franchise agreement lol. I am not a lawyer though.

This tells a greater story: the customer service at the other dealers is so shitty that the one decent dealer got overwhelmed lol
That’s exactly why I figured it wouldn’t last. And yes, totally agree on the other dealers. I visited a local one a few days ago and the experience was atrocious. I’m so thankful for this forum and all the great recommendations for respectable dealers who don’t play stupid games with informed customers!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I emailed and filled out the contact form for like 8 dealers. Two actually answered and one more put me in their mailing list. It’s pretty funny because they’re probably losing a lot of sales over this.

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
I’m in Tempe and ready to order a 2020. Let’s get a group buy going with Earnhardt!

jplusk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Keithd60, I have not ordered yet. Now that the ordering is open for the 2020's I'm getting closer. I think I know what I want and will start looking for a deal. Would love to find 8% below invoice, but would be happy with 6 or 7% too if "dealer fees" are not to big. If I can only save 2% by going out of state, I'm sure it would be worth it to me.
I’m in Tempe and ready to order a 2020. Let’s get a group buy going with Earnhardt!
Sponsored