Hothead Headliners

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Just my .02: I’ve had these and my JLUR for over a year now. I painted the inside of my hard top black and then waited a few days and installed the sound assassin strips and the hot headliners. They were awesome for about a week. They started falling down at random times almost immediately. I scuffed and sanded and used acetone again and same deal. Ended up going with industrial Velcro to hold them up but even that couldnt hold them. They are now in a pile in the corner of my garage stuck together with the original adhesive next to my hard top. It’s obviously warm now so I am using the soft top but want to figure out what I need to do to get them back on the hard top before winter. I’m open to suggestions on better adhesive, but it seems like they are just slightly too big for the indentations in the hard top so the adhesive is being pulled away from the actual surface of the top. Some fit better than others though, but they all eventually fell. I’m debating using some gorilla glue or liquid nails or whatever.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Just my .02: I’ve had these and my JLUR for over a year now. I painted the inside of my hard top black and then waited a few days and installed the sound assassin strips and the hot headliners. They were awesome for about a week. They started falling down at random times almost immediately. I scuffed and sanded and used acetone again and same deal. Ended up going with industrial Velcro to hold them up but even that couldnt hold them. They are now in a pile in the corner of my garage stuck together with the original adhesive next to my hard top. It’s obviously warm now so I am using the soft top but want to figure out what I need to do to get them back on the hard top before winter. I’m open to suggestions on better adhesive, but it seems like they are just slightly too big for the indentations in the hard top so the adhesive is being pulled away from the actual surface of the top. Some fit better than others though, but they all eventually fell. I’m debating using some gorilla glue or liquid nails or whatever.
First off, I'm sorry that you had an issue with our headliners. I personally get very irritated when I buy a product that doesn't work, and what's worse is when the company makes it difficult to contact them for a return or refuses to take it back at all. What I'm having a hard time understanding is why you didn't contact me the first time one of the panels fell down which was almost immediately after installing them. That would have taken so little effort especially compared to everything you say you tried, and right now your headliners would be firmly in place and I would be sleeping instead of responding to an extremely negative review. My personal cell number is listed as our business number on our web site and in 100s of posts on Jeep Forums. I am very easy to reach and would have fixed whatever issue you, or anyone, has with our products to your/their satisfaction. I will still do that. Just call or email me.
714-872-2071
[email protected]
Mark

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
First off, I'm sorry that you had an issue with our headliners. I personally get very irritated when I buy a product that doesn't work, and what's worse is when the company makes it difficult to contact them for a return or refuses to take it back at all. What I'm having a hard time understanding is why you didn't contact me the first time one of the panels fell down which was almost immediately after installing them. That would have taken so little effort especially compared to everything you say you tried, and right now your headliners would be firmly in place and I would be sleeping instead of responding to an extremely negative review. My personal cell number is listed as our business number on our web site and in 100s of posts on Jeep Forums. I am very easy to reach and would have fixed whatever issue you, or anyone, has with our products to your/their satisfaction. I will still do that. Just call or email me.
714-872-2071
[email protected]
Mark
I just installed the headliner and the sound assassin and have had no issues. This is the second set I have installed with no issues (previously installed the same set up on my old JK and ran it with no issues for over 3 years). Sounds like painting the hardtop may have created the issue with the tape not sticking.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I just installed the headliner and the sound assassin and have had no issues. This is the second set I have installed with no issues (previously installed the same set up on my old JK and ran it with no issues for over 3 years). Sounds like painting the hardtop may have created the issue with the tape not sticking.
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking the same thing about the paint, but the person that wrote that post has not responded to me even though I sent them 2 PMs. Just in case anyone reading this post doesn't know, if you have any issues with Hothead Headliners please contact us before trying to fix the issue yourself. We will fix things to your satisfaction. My cell number is below.
best regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
714-872-2071

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
I followed Mark’s directions and install went smooth and looks fantastic to me. I actually like the Oreo look( white and black) breaks up the all white top just enough imo.

I’m getting ready to go back to hard top once I install my storage for it. I’ll give updates then. Quality company and product period.

Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I'm planning to install Hothead liners in my JLUR. I was planning to paint the inside of the hard top prior to that. I'm heavily leaning on doing a Rustoleum Matte (black). I sprayed one quick coat on a white PVC to get an idea and this is the result. IMO it goes quite well with the interior plastic areas. Has anyone done Matte for the roof with the Headliners installed?

Jeep Wrangler JL Hothead Headliners IMG_3461.JPG

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Hi,
we've got that question a lot. The topliftpro would damage the headliners on it's own, but if you put something in between where the lift actually pushes on the headliner panels you will be good. Maybe a thick piece of carpet would work but better would be a piece of plywood with some carpet on it. You wouldn't want wood directly against the headliners.
I hope that helps,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
Just wondering what other folks might have done in this situation. I was wondering about those furniture mover things? I figure it needs to be something to help spread the weight?

We just installed our HotHeads Headliner this evening, I still need to put together the TopLift Pro that we got, so interested in learning about best practices.

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking the same thing about the paint, but the person that wrote that post has not responded to me even though I sent them 2 PMs. Just in case anyone reading this post doesn't know, if you have any issues with Hothead Headliners please contact us before trying to fix the issue yourself. We will fix things to your satisfaction. My cell number is below.
best regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
714-872-2071
I have to say, I was debating on the hothead headliner but when someone gives their cell phone, it pushed me over the edge. I do the same with my clients and am always available to them. I appreciate that level of service.
Sponsored