Sponsored

JL negotiating better than invoice price?

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Any update on which dealer this was?
Sorry, just noticed your post. It was "San Diego Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram on Camino del Rio S. I left out a couple of hiccups that left me not feeling the warm fuzzies about the dealership though.
Sponsored

jamielong

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra
Mine is Sahara JL Leather, infinity sound system, roof and fenders color coded. Price was little more than 48k and we deal it down to 43,500. When I was about to leave home I realized it has no GPS. Since I asked for Navigation they offered me to go $ 500 less. So final price (without taxes, paper work etc). was 43k.

Can you post the paperwork ? this is the jeep Im looking at as well and gives me a little power on negotiation when I have that with me .

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Can you post the paperwork ? this is the jeep Im looking at as well and gives me a little power on negotiation when I have that with me .
Sure Let me find the documents tonight and send it to you.

poisonivis

First Name
Ivis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wangler Unlimited Sahara
I know I am posting very late on this post. However, this post helped me with my negotiations on my new fully loaded Moab Jeep Wangler. I bought mine at Arrigo Dodge in Tamarac, Fl its sticker price was $54,485 and my final price with over the phone negotiations was $49,485. We purchased it on 12/28/2018. Hope this helps.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hey guys,

I was at the dealership last week and ended up buying a 4 door JL rubicon. What I noticed was I was able to get a better price doing good old fashioned negotiating than using the 1 percent under invoice discount.

I got a 4 door rubicon stick shift with premium audio, LED lighting, and 3 piece freedom top. MSRP price for this is $44,975. Invoice price for this is $41471 and 1 percent under invoice is $41056. I was able to get it at about 4 percent under invoice at $40,208 with just your average negotiating.

Point of the post is, if you’re getting a new JL from the lot, I would try old fashioned negotiating first before bringing up tread lightly or any other companies that offer 1 percent under. Hope this helps

F383CA88-6511-477A-B276-61FDF8695FB5.jpeg
Thanks for the post. I am looking to purchase in the next 2-4 weeks. I am hoping to find one already built that fits what I am wanting. In negotiating on one already built, I think the best way is to negotiate off the msrp sticker price. I am hearing a great deal is right at 12% off. I feel that the "invoice" price on a piece of paper may not be totally accurate or truthful. The window sticker... it shows everything right there.

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Thanks for the post. I am looking to purchase in the next 2-4 weeks. I am hoping to find one already built that fits what I am wanting. In negotiating on one already built, I think the best way is to negotiate off the msrp sticker price. I am hearing a great deal is right at 12% off. I feel that the "invoice" price on a piece of paper may not be totally accurate or truthful. The window sticker... it shows everything right there.
I’m thinking the same on the 12% off sticker. Seems to be the trend on Koons. What I’m using on the configurator to gauge my lease bs buy options.

CriswellJeep

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JK Unlimited Sahara
Hey guys,

I was at the dealership last week and ended up buying a 4 door JL rubicon. What I noticed was I was able to get a better price doing good old fashioned negotiating than using the 1 percent under invoice discount.

I got a 4 door rubicon stick shift with premium audio, LED lighting, and 3 piece freedom top. MSRP price for this is $44,975. Invoice price for this is $41471 and 1 percent under invoice is $41056. I was able to get it at about 4 percent under invoice at $40,208 with just your average negotiating.

Point of the post is, if you’re getting a new JL from the lot, I would try old fashioned negotiating first before bringing up tread lightly or any other companies that offer 1 percent under. Hope this helps

F383CA88-6511-477A-B276-61FDF8695FB5.jpeg

Congrats on your purchase I wish you great enjoyment with your new Rubicon. For your next new Jeep I would like to offer some assistance or for anyone you know. 7% under invoice plus another 1% for Tread Lightly anywhere in the US.

Happy Crawling!

Julius

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Congrats on your purchase I wish you great enjoyment with your new Rubicon. For your next new Jeep I would like to offer some assistance or for anyone you know. 7% under invoice plus another 1% for Tread Lightly anywhere in the US.

Happy Crawling!

Julius
Julius Green... you have my attention!

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
Just purchased JLUS 18 /color hard top/leather/cold wthr/infotainment/axle/proximity/led/all wthr/tow/etc.

Sticker 51,545, paid 43,265, about 17% off / Phoenix auto nation. They also tossed in Tint.

There are plenty of 18’ sitting here in Phx so this deal was very little haggling...

Sponsored

ISUFan22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee
Located in Denver, CO. Looking at a '19 JLUR, MSPR is $59,035. This version has the Sky One-Touch top, 8-speed, V6, which I do know are limited supply currently - mostly related to the power top. Currently in my area, there are only a few vehicles on the lot with this package/MSRP, but only 1 of them in the color I want - and that one is still in transit.

I have read here (great info from this group) to expect ~5-6% (or more in some cases) lower than invoice, plus taxes, etc.

Based on what I shared with local supply on the JLUR I am specifically interested in, can I expect this type of "discount"? I spoke with a dealer today and I had to leave for an appt, I asked him to email me his best offer, and that was $1600 off MSRP, which we know isn't much of a deal.

I am also interested in an upgraded rim/tire, hoping to get down to final price and negotiate that at dealer cost, at end of sale. I do have a trade, but will discuss that once I hit final pricing on the JLUR.

Thx for any input!

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Located in Denver, CO. Looking at a '19 JLUR, MSPR is $59,035. This version has the Sky One-Touch top, 8-speed, V6, which I do know are limited supply currently - mostly related to the power top. Currently in my area, there are only a few vehicles on the lot with this package/MSRP, but only 1 of them in the color I want - and that one is still in transit.

I have read here (great info from this group) to expect ~5-6% (or more in some cases) lower than invoice, plus taxes, etc.

Based on what I shared with local supply on the JLUR I am specifically interested in, can I expect this type of "discount"? I spoke with a dealer today and I had to leave for an appt, I asked him to email me his best offer, and that was $1600 off MSRP, which we know isn't much of a deal.

I am also interested in an upgraded rim/tire, hoping to get down to final price and negotiate that at dealer cost, at end of sale. I do have a trade, but will discuss that once I hit final pricing on the JLUR.

Thx for any input!

Any dealer offering a competitive under invoice price will allow you to order exactly what you want. I just ordered at 6% under invoice in IL. I put an order in 3/14 and my Jeep was delivered to dealer 3/27. It came too fast (thats what she said) and now I have to wait until 4/3 for my 30 day TreadLightly discount to go into effect (signed up on 3/4 thinking I was ahead of the game).

Check the map for competitive dealers in CO and order up!

https://sites.google.com/view/wranglerdeals/home

Holnugget

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I just purchased a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and the sticker was $54,770. They didn't show me a dealer invoice like other dealers do but rather knocked off $3;500 right away. I shopped around and came back to them and was able to get them down to $49k before taxes and tags. This included a $1k rebate that USAA is sponsoring for its members this month (July to Aug 2019). The Jeep was bought in WY and I tried negotiating with some dealers in MD (b/c I’m moving from MD to WY and still flying back and forth), but the best I was getting in MD was 1% below that dealer invoice which would have been closer to $51k on this model. Wranglers are very difficult to negotiate on. I’m happy with my 11% off sticker and super happy with my first Jeep ever!

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
I bought a 2019 JL Rubicon in Culpeper, VA on June 29th and paid about 14.5% under MSRP. Sticker was $55,480 and I paid $47,399. Out the door with taxes, title/plates, fees, etc. ws $51,855. This dealership only had two 2019 JL Rubicons left. There were some great deals offered around Northern Virginia that weekend as well that came in after I bought this Jeep. I used USAA car buying to start the process so the dealers all knew up front there was competition.

KCGeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Hey all, new user to the site! I have been shopping around for a new Rubicon for a while now, and I finally put in an order for a 2020 Unlimited Rubicon last night with my local dealer. The MSRP came out to $56,820 and was able to get my local dealer down to $50,000 even out the door. This included the $199 doc fee, so the actual price of the Rubicon came out to $49,801 or more than 12% off MSRP.
Sponsored