Would you ever get your rig wrapped?

• Total voters

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Found this video of TrailRecon getting his rig wrapped.

I like the idea of the new look & protection.

What do you all think? Would you ever wrap your rig?

I’ve seriously given it a lot of thought lately and would like everyone’s opinion.

600AA6C7-03B1-4F92-BC74-92B0E5CFCA38.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
its a great idea... choices are endless and when you get bored take it off do a new one!
I think that’s the main draw with the wraps. It seems mildly expensive but it does add some paint protection as well..

I wouldn’t want anything loud, maybe some subdued graphics. I like the map idea as well, but, I would have done a favorite island haha

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If someone offered it for free, I'm still not sure I'd do it. I like the colors of my Jeeps too much. (Steel Blue JK and Firecracker Red JL.)

How much does that typically cost, btw? How does it hold up to, say, branch pin stripes? I have a friend with it but she had a tear. I'm not sure if they were able to fix the tear or patch it.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If someone offered it for free, I'm still not sure I'd do it. I like the colors of my Jeeps too much. (Steel Blue JK and Firecracker Red JL.)

How much does that typically cost, btw? How does it hold up to, say, branch pin stripes? I have a friend with it but she had a tear. I'm not sure if they were able to fix the tear or patch it.
In the video it says around $2500-$3000 for a custom graphics wrap. I honestly thought it would be more expensive. I’m not sure on the repair but I’ll ask our local shop and report back.

Sponsored

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get mine wrapped per se, but I got a fairly large decal. What prompted me to do it was, that we had had a black Jeep for two years. When that lease was up, we leased a new one, but changed color. I don't exactly recall the familial decision-making process, but somehow we decide on white (I would have gone for a bolder color.) But after we had owned it for a while, unlike the black one, as I would look at the side of it, it just seemed to be a big, empty blank slate - just asking for some sort of art work. I actually thought of that topographic map-look first, and then I saw a mountain range graphic that I liked. Then a pine forest graphic, then a ... well, you get the drift. Anyway, this is what we ended up with...

IMG_2062.JPG

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get mine wrapped per se, but I got a fairly large decal. What prompted me to do it was, that we had had a black Jeep for two years. When that lease was up, we leased a new one, but changed color. I don't exactly recall the familial decision-making process, but somehow we decide on white (I would have gone for a bolder color.) But after we had owned it for a while, unlike the black one, as I would look at the side of it, it just seemed to be a big, empty blank slate - just asking for some sort of art work. I actually thought of that topographic map-look first, and then I saw a mountain range graphic that I liked. Then a pine forest graphic, then a ... well, you get the drift. Anyway, this is what we ended up with...

IMG_2062.JPG
As a career Graphic Designer with 20+ years experience...I can say that I love that design!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Found this video of TrailRecon getting his rig wrapped.

I like the idea of the new look & protection.

What do you all think? Would you ever wrap your rig?

I’ve seriously given it a lot of thought lately and would like everyone’s opinion.

600AA6C7-03B1-4F92-BC74-92B0E5CFCA38.jpeg

If I could get it for a good price I'd consider it. I've got a few trail scratches and the vinyl wrap seems like a good Idea to prevent that.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If I could get it for a good price I'd consider it. I've got a few trail scratches and the vinyl wrap seems like a good Idea to prevent that.
I think it would provide some protection on those narrow trails with limbs and trees within that personal Jeep bubble for sure.

I would like to get a piece of metal wrapped and test it. I may do that actually.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I’m scheduled to get my JLU Sport wrapped next week :). I got a good deal on an ‘18 leftover and am able to add the wrap and some other mods and still come in under what a bikini pearl Rubicon would run me.

I bought a black Jeep and like it, but it’s definitely not my dream color. It’ll be a good accent color and I’m sure if I start to hate my wrap I can always peel it off and go back to black. I’m also thinking the protection will be valuable too!

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m scheduled to get my JLU Sport wrapped next week :). I got a good deal on an ‘18 leftover and am able to add the wrap and some other mods and still come in under what a bikini pearl Rubicon would run me.

I bought a black Jeep and like it, but it’s definitely not my dream color. It’ll be a good accent color and I’m sure if I start to hate my wrap I can always peel it off and go back to black. I’m also thinking the protection will be valuable too!
Please post pictures when finished!
Sponsored