Sponsored

RC Spacer Lift Cost and extra work

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I agree that the front bump stop is pretty tricky, were you able to remove the brake line bracket from the back of the axel? The extreme terrain video do not show this but some other videos showed this trick and made it much easier to access that nut underneath.
I did not do that. Perhaps thats why it was so hard. What video did you see that in? Its definitely helpful to watch multiple like install videos as none of them seem to show you quiet all the little things you need to know. But yea if I can give little tips like that in a threat like this... perhaps it will make it that much easier for the next guy. I know reading these forums i have gotten tons of info that has made things easier for me with other things Jeep related!
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Hey guys,
Just a very practical question; How big is the box the lift kit comes in ? Weā€™re travelling to NY (Iā€™m in Canada), not sure which vehicle weā€™ll take there yet, and I was wondering how much space it would take in a trunk ?
Thanks !

OP
OP

Mark7411

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I just put the RC 2.5 spacer lift on my Sport a little over a week ago. Most i had done on my Jeep before hand was change the oil and oil filter. I didn't have the tools so worked with a friend that did and we knocked it out in 6 hours. Most of the lift was not hard at all. I followed a video from extreme terrain and it gave all the steps needed. The 1 part I did have alot of trouble with was putting on the bump stops in the front. The nut didnt want to thread the bolt easily and with big hands its almost impossible to thread the bolt with the nut. Perhaps there is a special tool that would help. I tried the tape trick and it wasnt working, that whole part set me back about 1.5 hours in total. In the end i got some different bolts and with alot of patience was able to get that bolt threaded (it was harder on the passenger side than the drive side). The other thing I did wrong was with the lowering and raising of the axle, my track bar got under the bracket it bolts into. So when I finished up the front end and wanted to bolt back in the track bar, I couldnt because it was under the bracket. Wasnt a big deal though I just unbolted it from the other side and moved it into the bracket, rebolted the top side and then the bottom and was good to go.

Never did an alignment. Jeep rides like stock to me. I could see doing the adjustable track bar while under there since its easy enough. But the stabilizers shouldnt be needed.

I'm not sure about the spare tire relocation bracket. I think the 35 will fit on the back... But i'm not sure if its too heavy or not. Anyone know the answer to that?
Hey do you think I could fix 35s on this lift on a stock rim. No backspaceing.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Friend of mine did for a week or so. Def wouldnt want to do any type of offroading, but if you are just doing normal daily driver stuff, i dont think you'd have a problem. I plan to put on 35s when my 33s need replacing. Right now I have the stock wheels, I plan on getting some aftermarket ones though before i get the 35s.

20190624_081830_HDR.jpg

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
I did not do that. Perhaps thats why it was so hard. What video did you see that in? Its definitely helpful to watch multiple like install videos as none of them seem to show you quiet all the little things you need to know. But yea if I can give little tips like that in a threat like this... perhaps it will make it that much easier for the next guy. I know reading these forums i have gotten tons of info that has made things easier for me with other things Jeep related!
It was the Litebrite video about 4 minutes in. They also did a RC lift install.

Sponsored

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there is a good website (tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator) to put in your current tire configuration and proposed configuration to see how things move around, then you can virtually add a spacer if you want to maintain the existing spacing

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta (Used to have an ā€˜03 TJ, awaiting opportunity to get a JL)
Hey guys,
Just a very practical question; How big is the box the lift kit comes in ? Weā€™re travelling to NY (Iā€™m in Canada), not sure which vehicle weā€™ll take there yet, and I was wondering how much space it would take in a trunk ?
Thanks !
I donā€™t have this lift, but Iā€™d guess that it should be no bigger than a couple shoeboxes...if you get the one without shocks. Itā€™s just spacers, relocations brackets, swaybar links, and assorted hardware. :like:. Probably didnā€™t answer your question, but I figured Iā€™d chime in since itā€™s been a couple days without an answer. ;)

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How does one get to $386 to repair a wire or wires? I'm asking, I'm truly baffled...
The locker wire is part of a harness. They had to splice in a new piece of wire to the harness, or replace the harness in its entirety. I also believe he had to disassemble some of the work to get to it.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Can someone let know what all is required or recommend it when doing a spacer left.

The place installing it is recommending all of this extra work. Is it really necessary, and is it priced right.

Iā€™m going to run 315/70/17 on the JL stock black rim.

Thanks for your help

Rough Country Lift $180.00
Labor $220.00
Alignment $120.00

That would cover your lift.

Rough Country Spare Tire Relocation Bracket (Jeep JL) $80.00
Labor $50.00

The adjustable track bar is to help correct the geometry of the front axle so both front tires sit in the same location on both sides of the vehicle. Recommended.

Rough Country Forged Adjustable Track Bar $140.00
Labor $100.00

The dual steering stabilizer is to help tighten the steering at the elevated level not required, but I do recommend.

Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer $125.00
Labor $100.00

With using the factory wheels Rough Country says the spacers are definitely necessary.
Pricing is about right. Definitely add the track bar. Stabilizer isn't required. I would drive it first and see how it rides with the stock stabilizer. The rear bracket install yourself. You'll be wasting $50 having them do it. It took me only 15 minutes to install the bracket.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I donā€™t have this lift, but Iā€™d guess that it should be no bigger than a couple shoeboxes...if you get the one without shocks. Itā€™s just spacers, relocations brackets, swaybar links, and assorted hardware. :like:. Probably didnā€™t answer your question, but I figured Iā€™d chime in since itā€™s been a couple days without an answer. ;)
Thanks for the input :)
I ended up chatting with @Northridge4x4 and they told me the box is 28.75ā€™ā€™x7.5ā€™ā€™x6.25ā€™ā€™ :)
Thanks !

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input :)
I ended up chatting with @Northridge4x4 and they told me the box is 28.75ā€™ā€™x7.5ā€™ā€™x6.25ā€™ā€™ :)
Thanks !
Beat me too it, still have the box in the garage and it is 6x7x29. Packed real well in two layers with foam. Heavier than it looks.

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
Has anyone swapped your shocks out for longer ones. Im ok with coil spacers but not sure I am good with shock extenders in the long term. Thought about going with the Fox shocks

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
My complaint about the bump stops. He explains an easier way. Thank God. Thought I would share.

Sponsored