Sponsored

water coming in when doors are open when it rains.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
What to do when raining. I've noticed when it's raining, why is water pouring in when we open the doors?. The other day my wife opened the door to race to the front door of our house, water was pouring in when she opened her passenger door. I did see this somewhere on some discussion. I think it was on YouTube. Why is the rain gutter not preventing this?. Anyone have a fix for this, or is it just a design issue that can't be corrected. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice not to get all wet when we open the doors.
Sponsored

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta (Used to have an ā€˜03 TJ, awaiting opportunity to get a JL)
What to do when raining. I've noticed when it's raining, why is water pouring in when we open the doors?. The other day my wife opened the door to race to the front door of our house, water was pouring in when she opened her passenger door. I did see this somewhere on some discussion. I think it was on YouTube. Why is the rain gutter not preventing this?. Anyone have a fix for this, or is it just a design issue that can't be corrected. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice not to get all wet when we open the doors.
Reading your thread title, I thought this was going to be some kind of joke topic, of course water comes in when itā€™s raining with the door open!. But seriously, I donā€™t have a JL yet but I believe itā€™s a design quirk of the rain gutter? Iā€™ve read about this issue a while back on the forum but donā€™t remember exactly the verdict if there was a fix for it or not...

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
The key is to pretend itā€™s normal and say imagine how much more comes in when doors are off!

This also applies to wind noise, death wobble, tapping lifters, and the stereo switching to radio with incoming phone calls. Fca quality is real baby!

Last edited:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The key is to pretend itā€™s normal and say imagine how much more comes in when doors are off!

This also applies to wind noise, death wobble, tapping lifters, and the stereo switching to radio with incoming phone calls. Fca quality is real baby!
Positive thoughts...it's all a Jeep owner has. LOL

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Youā€™ll notice the water drips onto the plastic piece that gets dirty off the sole of your shoes/boots. You should take the opportunity to wipe this clean whilst itā€™s wet. This is a design feature. FCA works hard to give us these hidden extras.

Sponsored

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Haha I read a similar thread a few weeks ago then after I bought my new JLU it was raining and when I opened the door all this water trickled in and on my left leg. Then I forgot about it and another day it was raining and I went to get inside and same thing happened again except I got more wet when trying to get inside and sit down. Just another joy of owning a Wrangler :like:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Get some JB weld or whatever that Chinese looking glue putty is and fill in the front of the rain gutters, that seems to work.

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
Laughed when I read this post. I discovered this rain #1 as a new Jeep owner. When I looked at the rain gutter design I got it right away. Itā€™s a quirk.
Sponsored