Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop in Florida is the worst...

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
It's all about the heat AND humidity guys. 100 degrees in az is not the same as 100 degrees in florida.

oh and ESS sucks in either state.

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Florida man checking in. Anyone outside of Florida telling you to shut up about the heat has no idea what they're talking about.

When I forget to turn off auto-start/stop and my AC shuts off I can immediately tell. The "feels like" temp is usually well above 100 degrees in the afternoon here.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Florida man checking in. Anyone outside of Florida telling you to shut up about the heat has no idea what they're talking about.

When I forget to turn off auto-start/stop and my AC shuts off I can immediately tell. The "feels like" temp is usually well above 100 degrees in the afternoon here.
Sorry, but Florida does not own a monopoly on heat with humidity. Go to any other southern state and you'll find 100 degrees with high humidity in the summer as well.

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Wait, what? The ESS doesn’t turn off the engine when the AC is on, maybe because I have it on low, never had a vehicle that the ESS worked while the AC was one even my dad’s old Honda hybrid.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
This is clearly where you keyboard heroes are missing the point. My issue is the clear lack of common sense on the tech. If you are going to cut the engine, auto adjust the fan to account for the temperature. Having to add a routine to a startup is idiotic when the feature itself is desired if it were not for the overlooked issue of hot air at stop lights.

But keep being a tryhard with that keyboard. Killing it.
theres shouldn't be much change in fan speed if i understand u right .. what happens is as soon as the engine cuts out u start feeling the heat because the compressor stops working the fan speed is not of much help when there is nothing cooling the air charge . The system monitors the temps in the cabin and should kick on the engine as soon as it starts reading measurable amount heat. Max ac setting usually stops mine from shutting down between stops ..I wonder if it will work for u.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Wait, what? The ESS doesn’t turn off the engine when the AC is on, maybe because I have it on low, never had a vehicle that the ESS worked while the AC was one even my dad’s old Honda hybrid.
The ESS system while neat in theory, is goofy af.

Most of the times I'd be okay with it working, it's usually "not ready" because the heat or A/C is still getting things to temp, or because I'm on a very slight incline or some other unstated reason. And when it does work, it's always at the dumbest most ill-timed moments.. quick stop-and-go traffic, at an empty stop sign or when I pull into my driveway and pause before getting completely into my spot or taking a second too long to get it into park.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I liked it at first but after awhile it got annoying. Used my tazer to disable it. The gas savings is minimal with it on.

If you want better mpg and ypur going to have your jeep a long time invest in a good tune.
Sponsored