Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
668AE233-B93E-428F-9618-741E5DFFF462.jpeg
EFB8A0BD-F58C-4070-9D21-89D186CBB3E9.jpeg
24C406C0-A376-4961-962E-C57ADC98598C.jpeg
May I join all you Firecrackers?
Picked up my 2019 MOAB a week and a half ago. Absolutely love it. Been told my silver gray hair looks great with the red and black. LOL . Yep I’m a 64 year old lady Jeeper refusing to act my age
Congratulations and welcome! Your Moab FC Red looks great. You are never too old to be a Jeeper.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
What tires/size are those? Did you need spacers?
Wheel spacers are not required when mounting bigger 35" tires on factory wheels unlike on the previous JK models.
The tire size on the Jeep you are referencing is 37x12.5x17 BF Goodrich TA KO2s. I can't speak to whether wheel spacers are needed or not for 37" tires. Perhaps someone else can can provide the answer.

Last edited:

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Rubicons can accommodate 35s with no suspension changes, but 37s require a suspension change if you don't want to rub. Non- Rubicons are a different story altogether.

My understanding is if you go bigger than 35s, you'll need a different wheel from the factory wheels, as I understand the factory wheels are not wide enough.

When considering a non-factory wheel, a good place to begin is with a wheel that is specifically designed for the JL.

AEV is a reliable source and they say:

The AEV Borah Wheels were designed to fit the new platform perfectly. These hubcentric wheels measure 17x8.5 wheels with 5.72in backspace (+25mm offset) which provides all the clearance needed for bigger tires without adding stress to the axle.

Be careful with wheels not specifically designed for the JL, and beware of wheel spacers altogether.

Sponsored

Sponsored

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Glad to finally be able to officially join the club!

Just got it two days ago. It’s my first Wrangler and I think it rocks!

AF93B3B6-235A-4359-9BFE-B80B5EA47589.jpeg
Really is outstanding! Now have some fun

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Looks good. I really think Jeep did a great job on the wheels this generation, even on the stock Sport.
I wasn't sure about the hardtop either but scratched up windows on the soft top would drive me nuts. Plus winters in Massachusetts can be fierce. So....hardtop it is.
My Sport S 2 door, Firecracker Red, will be awesome!

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
Hi Mike - My order (submitted Feb 5) was for the Firecracker Red Rubi, painted top and fenders, steel bumpers, NAV, cold weather, Tow & Aux switches, proximity key, MANUAL trans, cloth interior, Mopar mats..... I managed to squeak MSRP just under $50K - LOL. I read yesterday that the manual trans is limited availability for a day or a week or who knows, but it looked like I dodged that bullet! Not sure why some orders seem to fly through and others get caught up a little. I hope you get yours soon!!
How do you like your manual transmission?
Sponsored