Sponsored

Those of you with Pioneer Platform use the Wind Fairing?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Anyone here running the pioneer Roof Rack with their Wind Fairing system? http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/prod...airings/pioneer-wind-fairing-1272mm-50-_43250

I gotta say the noise after installing my Pioneer Platform is really loud. I'm guessing its the wind running through the grooves of the roof rack. I'm wondering if the actual WIND FAIRING makes a different and if its worth 150+ price tag. I'm tempted to fabricate my own.
Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I installed the Pioneer Platform wind fairing...Just got back from a trip to Yellowstone, driving against 40 mph wind gusts on 70-80 mph highways.
The roar from the 'flying brick' front end more than covered any noise from the Platform. I did not notice any noise in calm conditions at moderate speeds. The fairing exceeded my expectations in silencing any turbulence through the rack slats.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I installed the Pioneer Platform wind fairing...Just got back from a trip to Yellowstone, driving against 40 mph wind gusts on 70-80 mph highways.
The roar from the 'flying brick' front end more than covered any noise from the Platform. I did not notice any noise in calm conditions at moderate speeds. The fairing exceeded my expectations in silencing any turbulence through the rack slats.
I think I may have to pony up the money for the fairing also. My biggest complaint with my JL is the wind noise going 60+mph. It doesn't sound like air leaks its literally just the JEEP pushing air. What I don't understand is there are other vehicles that have the boxy design of the wrangler that doesn't sound this noisy. Its gotta be the Hard TOP. I'm tempted to coat that thing in sound deadener to see if it makes a difference.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Does the fairing interfere with removal of the freedom panels?

Sponsored

Sagamisan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Anyone here running the pioneer Roof Rack with their Wind Fairing system? http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/prod...airings/pioneer-wind-fairing-1272mm-50-_43250

I gotta say the noise after installing my Pioneer Platform is really loud. I'm guessing its the wind running through the grooves of the roof rack. I'm wondering if the actual WIND FAIRING makes a different and if its worth 150+ price tag. I'm tempted to fabricate my own.
I have the Rhino Rack backbone system with both the cross bars and the pioneer platform.

The cross bars were super loud. Too loud actually to use for my liking. But surprisingly enough the pioneer platform is practically silent.

My system sits on the low profile standoffs. No wind fairing

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
How much is the wind fairing? It shouldn't be too hard to make one out of plexiglass or a thin sheet of aluminum and some brackets right?
Sponsored