My new aftermarket LED headlights

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Not for me but you like them who cares what we think. Just saying.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think they're neat looking. Are they DOT approved? If not then that's a ding against them unfortunately.
Whether or not they are legitimately approved I donā€™t know, but the DOT markings are on them anyway.

lanman08

First Name
landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
I've looked at these headlights over and over for the last 2 to 3 weeks to see if I would like them. I figure if I took my time and each day looked then perhaps I would not have any regrets.

I made the decision to purchase just now. After thinking about it, it is cheaper, but probably even a better headlight than the factory LED.

upload_2019-6-27_11-22-20.png

upload_2019-6-27_11-25-5.png

https://www.ledfactorymart.com/prod...driving-lights-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2019

What do you all think?
I agree, if you like them, thats all that matters. I think they are different/unique.

Ps if you decide to get rid of your LED factory headlights and want to sell, let me know! I'm in wilmington and looking for some as well as LED taillights!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Whether or not they are legitimately approved I donā€™t know, but the DOT markings are on them anyway.
TLDR/ itā€™s likely theyā€™re legit. Cost of headlights have gone down. You can contact the seller/ manufacturer for clarification.

https://www.truck-lite.com/content/news/sae-vs-dot-truth-about-lighting-regulations
There is a great deal of confusion regarding lighting regulations in the industry. One common mistake is using the term "DOT approved." The United States Department of Transportation is not an approval agency and will not approve products. In the past, USDOT has sternly warned manufacturers that claim that their products are "DOT approved;" the correct language is "DOT compliant."

In the US and Canada, lighting products are certified by the lighting manufacturer as compliant, and unless the certification is "clearly erroneous," the certification will stand. The reputable manufacturer will state that its products are "designed to conform" to the elements of the FMVSS-108 requirements

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
TLDR/ itā€™s likely theyā€™re legit. Cost of headlights have gone down. You can contact the seller/ manufacturer for clarification.

https://www.truck-lite.com/content/news/sae-vs-dot-truth-about-lighting-regulations
There is a great deal of confusion regarding lighting regulations in the industry. One common mistake is using the term "DOT approved." The United States Department of Transportation is not an approval agency and will not approve products. In the past, USDOT has sternly warned manufacturers that claim that their products are "DOT approved;" the correct language is "DOT compliant."

In the US and Canada, lighting products are certified by the lighting manufacturer as compliant, and unless the certification is "clearly erroneous," the certification will stand. The reputable manufacturer will state that its products are "designed to conform" to the elements of the FMVSS-108 requirements
Hey, the more you know! Thanks.

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I've looked at these headlights over and over for the last 2 to 3 weeks to see if I would like them. I figure if I took my time and each day looked then perhaps I would not have any regrets.

I made the decision to purchase just now. After thinking about it, it is cheaper, but probably even a better headlight than the factory LED.

upload_2019-6-27_11-22-20.png

upload_2019-6-27_11-25-5.png

https://www.ledfactorymart.com/prod...driving-lights-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2019

What do you all think?
Euro trash design. S**t can them.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I like them:like: I know you asked for opinions, but it's your Jeep. If you like it, go for it! Screw the opinions of others. Zero Fox Given:rock:

Edit: at least they are true 9" and not some rebranded 7" (yeah looking at you Quake and other)
Boo, I like you usually, but not when you are picking on my Quake. ;) Made in USA proud with my Quake LEDs, Anyway, I like anything over the ones the OP is buying, anything.

And if you look at the light design on their website, the LEDs within the housing do not go the full width, so these are basically the same as Quake. They look like 7 inch lights in a 9 inch housing. And their English is not so good. ā€œIt perform well and provide a best driving experience in desert, smoggy weather or rain fog.ā€

On this forum, if you ask, you will get all honest opinions, you should have expected nothing less. ;)

372F63D4-AB0E-4821-9737-8E18996453D4.jpeg

565D8743-57F5-44E8-A634-0C33825F1101.png

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Boo, I like you usually, but not when you are picking on my Quake. ;) Anyway, I like anything over the ones the OP is buying, anything. And if you look at the light design on their website, the LEDs within the housing do not go the full width, so these are basically the same as Quake.

Lol that really sucks. I was just going by there 9" description. O I really like the Quakes. I just wished they do a full 9". It may have just been the pictures, but the ones I saw looked really small. What do yours look like? I'm thinking about the Oracle halos because I'm really impressed with my halogens. So much better than my TJ and JK stocks.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Lol that really sucks. I was just going by there 9" description. O I really like the Quakes. I just wished they do a full 9". It may have just been the pictures, but the ones I saw looked really small. What do yours look like? I'm thinking about the Oracle halos because I'm really impressed with my halogens. So much better than my TJ and JK stocks.
They are true 9ā€, he doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about. All headlight assemblies will still have a bezel around and you wonā€™t be able to see it is overlapped by the grille opening. Iā€™m the first person on this forum to have these installed and have wrote a review on these here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-of-these-9ā€-led-headlights-from-ebay.26863/

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
The Grey Jeep in my post is mine with Quake LEDs, you can click on the pic and zoom in to see better, I agree with you, I donā€™t love or hate the 7 inch design, 9 inch would be cool. But, over the halogens that I had, the performance is great, if they made this light in a 9 inch design, I would probably like it better, but again, I donā€™t hate the black ring around the outside,

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
They are true 9ā€, he doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about. Iā€™m the first person on this forum to have these installed and have wrote a review on these here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-of-these-9ā€-led-headlights-from-ebay.26863/
They are not a true 9 inch full light design, just compare them to the full 9 inch reflector and design of the stock LED light or the halogen light. Sure the housing might be 9 inches, but the light isnā€™t, has a black area surrounding the light, pretty easy to see in the diagram.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
They are not a true 9 inch full light design, just compare them to the full 9 inch reflector and design of the stock LED light or the halogen light. Sure the housing might be 9 inches, but the light isnā€™t, has a black area surrounding the light, pretty easy to see in the diagram.
Dude, I installed them and RUNNING them right now, can you not read? You donā€™t see the bezel.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I can read fine, duh.

Their own examples and diagram show this pretty well. If this is a 9 inch light, whatevs

7586AA3F-2F28-4E49-B67A-9565A57043DF.png

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Boo, I like you usually, but not when you are picking on my Quake. ;) Made in USA proud with my Quake LEDs, Anyway, I like anything over the ones the OP is buying, anything.

And if you look at the light design on their website, the LEDs within the housing do not go the full width, so these are basically the same as Quake. They look like 7 inch lights in a 9 inch housing. And their English is not so good. ā€œIt perform well and provide a best driving experience in desert, smoggy weather or rain fog.ā€

On this forum, if you ask, you will get all honest opinions, you should have expected nothing less. ;)

Damn that's a sexy hood :like:
Sponsored