OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Installed Motor City Aftermarket doorless mirrors and an alien sun shade. Getting ready for doorless/topless driving. Ordered EAG tube doors through the Vicious Off Road's Memorial Day sale. My rear bumper/tire carrier from Expedition One is finally being finished and hopefully should be shipped this week.

QGlPDBe.jpg
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Nice. I've been debating that Expd 1 rear carrier myself, looking fwd to your photos.

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Nice. I've been debating that Expd 1 rear carrier myself, looking fwd to your photos.
Thanks, I think it's one of the best looking bumpers with the features I was looking for (backup sensors, license plate relocation, additional back up lights and works with the OEM hitch/harness).

Just be aware of their wait times. I placed my order back in late Jan and it's been 18 weeks now :(

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Won second place in the JL class in the NovaJeepers Show and Shine. Also installed the EAG tube doors. I'm really impressed with them, especially for the price.

IIqLxYZ.jpg

2hiEIqd.jpg

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Went camping over Father's Day weekend, did some hiking at Seneca Rocks in WV.

rnlMcYh.jpg

Nzm3ZRY.jpg

aJMwvQ7.jpg

Expedition One finished my rear bumper/tire carrier and it shipped. Slowly waiting for it to make its way from Utah.

One happy achievement was Jeep sharing one of my IG pics on their account:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
five months of waiting and it's finally here!!!

WiVXG5l.jpg

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Battled the heat and started the install on my Expedition One Core Series 2 rear bumper/carrier today. Finished installing the bumper and the wiring for the backup LEDs. I have to say that the quality, design and finish is amazing. Looks really good.

Unfortunately, didn't realize that the backup sensor brackets on a plastic rear bumper don't come out like the steel ones. So I couldn't install the backup sensors. Thankfully, I found a thread with the part numbers and made an order with Quadratec. Half of the parts won't arrive until mid July :( Installing the two middle sensors is going to be a PITA. I ideally don't want to remove the bumper/carrier to install the sensors/brackets, hoping I can remove the tow hitch and it'll free up the space needed. And crossing my fingers that there aren't any false positive sensor issues.

KOrcipc.jpg

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Battled the heat and started the install on my Expedition One Core Series 2 rear bumper/carrier today. Finished installing the bumper and the wiring for the backup LEDs. I have to say that the quality, design and finish is amazing. Looks really good.

Unfortunately, didn't realize that the backup sensor brackets on a plastic rear bumper don't come out like the steel ones. So I couldn't install the backup sensors. Thankfully, I found a thread with the part numbers and made an order with Quadratec. Half of the parts won't arrive until mid July :( Installing the two middle sensors is going to be a PITA. I ideally don't want to remove the bumper/carrier to install the sensors/brackets, hoping I can remove the tow hitch and it'll free up the space needed. And crossing my fingers that there aren't any false positive sensor issues.

KOrcipc.jpg
FYI it is possible to remove the sensors from the plastic bumper. We did that with ours but we had to epoxy them onto the new bumper since they're not the same design as the steel bumper ones. Just some food for thought.

If you also don't mind, can you post the link for the OEM sensors? If we ever replace our bumper I'll need to order new ones since they're epoxied onto the current bumper lol

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
FYI it is possible to remove the sensors from the plastic bumper. We did that with ours but we had to epoxy them onto the new bumper since they're not the same design as the steel bumper ones. Just some food for thought.

If you also don't mind, can you post the link for the OEM sensors? If we ever replace our bumper I'll need to order new ones since they're epoxied onto the current bumper lol
Here is what my installer used

6MH84RXFAB

Bezel, RIGHT

$2.42

6MH85RXFAB

Bezel, LEFT

$2.42

6MH82RXFAB

Bezel, RIGHT

$2.42

6MH83RXFAB

Bezel, LEFT

$2.42

68295601AB

Bracket, LEFT

$1.61

68295600AB

Bracket, RIGHT

$1.61

68295602AB

Bracket, RIGHT

$1.61

68295603AB

Bracket, LEFT

Sponsored

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Here is what my installer used

6MH84RXFAB

Bezel, RIGHT

$2.42

6MH85RXFAB

Bezel, LEFT

$2.42

6MH82RXFAB

Bezel, RIGHT

$2.42

6MH83RXFAB

Bezel, LEFT

$2.42

68295601AB

Bracket, LEFT

$1.61

68295600AB

Bracket, RIGHT

$1.61

68295602AB

Bracket, RIGHT

$1.61

68295603AB

Bracket, LEFT
When I called the local dealerships, looks like the following part numbers changed:

6MH85RXFAB Bezel, LEFT - 6MH85RXFAC
68295603AB Bracket, LEFT - 68295603AC

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392

Thanks, I saw that and debated about doing it, but decided to buy the brackets.

I saw pics you posted in another thread with body color Mopar tube doors and Mopar wheels. Both look fantastic, BTW. Gonna update this thread with that info?
I think you might got me confused with another member. I have EAG black tube doors.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think you might got me confused with another member. I have EAG black tube doors.
Oops, sorry. I haven’t noticed that many Hella Yellas and I saw a nice looking one with yellow painted Mopar tube doors and these wheels. Thought it was you for some reason.
upload_2019-7-1_9-57-8.jpeg

Last edited:

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
When I called the local dealerships, looks like the following part numbers changed:

6MH85RXFAB Bezel, LEFT - 6MH85RXFAC
68295603AB Bracket, LEFT - 68295603AC
Thank you! :D