2Doors or 4 Doors?

SeanPolarBear

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
I am about to buy my first Jeep! Waiting for JLs to hit the lots near me ( Orange County California, they seem to disappear before they even roll off the truck...)

I am yet to see 2 door in the metal. Can someone post a pic of the back seat and the trunk in the 2 door? I really want the SWB but if the back is truly impractical I'll probably spring for Unlimited.

Thanks in advance to everyone on this forum who post awesome photos and write ups!!!
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I am about to buy my first Jeep! Waiting for JLs to hit the lots near me ( Orange County California, they seem to disappear before they even roll off the truck...)

I am yet to see 2 door in the metal. Can someone post a pic of the back seat and the trunk in the 2 door? I really want the SWB but if the back is truly impractical I'll probably spring for Unlimited.

Thanks in advance to everyone on this forum who post awesome photos and write ups!!!
They have not started the 2 door build yet in Toledo, should be the coming moneths. They will soon be building them. If you are concerned about the space I would lean towards the 4 door. Go and check out a 2 door JK, basically the same interior space as the JL, the wheelbase on the JL is a bit more but the leg room and "trunk" space are basically the same. If you plan on putting people in the back seat I think you will opt for the 4 door. Just my two cents.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
A fair amount of 2 doors on youtube from the press but none on lots yet. You can look at the review thread on this forum for some of those examples. I agree a JK will be very similar. It's small. But a lot of fun.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy(6'1) was able to sit comfortably in the back of the 2dr JL they had at the Houston Autoshow. We were both surprised at the amount of space in the back seat. Getting in/out is a pain so if you plan to have anything other than children in the back seat on a regular basis go for the 4 door. Trunk space like the JK is minimal with the seat down, but flip it up and you have plenty of storage space.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SeanPolarBear

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
My buddy(6'1) was able to sit comfortably in the back of the 2dr JL they had at the Houston Autoshow. We were both surprised at the amount of space in the back seat. Getting in/out is a pain so if you plan to have anything other than children in the back seat on a regular basis go for the 4 door. Trunk space like the JK is minimal with the seat down, but flip it up and you have plenty of storage space.
one 7 year old boy (but he is a big bugger !!)

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
2 door looks so good (Rubicon only) but I could not get over how difficult it is when adults are trying to get in and out of the back seat so I only have had the 4 door models and everyday I find a use for those 4 doors and space.

Plus 4 door trailers 3500 LBS and with a long trip I sleep fully stretched out with a foam mattress in the 4 door.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
They look great but you will have literally no space. 4 adults and a cooler and gear? Nope. I had a 2 door and absolutely loved it. I took the back seat out so that helped a lot. If you take the backseat out you can make it work but if you plan on carrying more than 2 people and any amount of gear...good luck.

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
They have not started the 2 door build yet in Toledo, should be the coming moneths. They will soon be building them. If you are concerned about the space I would lean towards the 4 door. Go and check out a 2 door JK, basically the same interior space as the JL, the wheelbase on the JL is a bit more but the leg room and "trunk" space are basically the same. If you plan on putting people in the back seat I think you will opt for the 4 door. Just my two cents.
2dr builds actually started this past week

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
There's a video of a 2-door review on YouTube. As with all previous 2-door generations, the trunk should sufficiently fit a briefcase. Perhaps 2.

If you neeeed cargo room and seating for 4 simultaneously, a 2 door won't really work.

I'm personally planning on putting my groceries in the backseat in my 2 door.

Last edited:

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm personally planning on putting my groceries in the backseat in my 2 door.
In addition, I was watching a video on the 2 door and the backseat looks like it has a way better fold down system where you will get a lot of extra room and may not need to pull it out.

OP
OP

SeanPolarBear

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
In addition, I was watching a video on the 2 door and the backseat looks like it has a way better fold down system where you will get a lot of extra room and may not need to pull it out.
I cant seem to find a video demonstrating the rear seat. Could you share?